Was your first match ever attended on TV?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City at home in the 1989/90 season. I’m sure I’ve posted this before. East Upper. Quite a lot of City fans around us celebrating the equaliser. Remember thinking the ground looked tiny from up there. Can still remember the sounds from the terraces as we approached. Not the best match but God I’d love to relive that day for so many reasons

I also remember me constantly asking my Dad if our No. 6 that day was Gary Mabutt - my favourite player.

It was Chris Hughton.

:harrylol:

deadleyledley are you my Dad? Do you have a different recollection?

:mourbringit:

Can't remember the first game I went to honestly. Might have been Blackburn about 20 years ago.. Mostly remember walking up the steps of the East stand and catching my first glimpse of the pitch in person. What a moment.

Although one of my brothers sent me this photo which is my first personal appearance on TV at a Spurs game.
As a kid I had imagined being brought on as a late sub to score a winner, rather than clutching my hands together in the front row about 2 minutes after Harry Kane scored his first Premier League goal for Spurs.

IMG-1665.png

Spurs 1-1 Leeds May 1995

Klinsmann last game, Sheringham scored for Spurs. My eldest boys first game was November 2016 at Wembley against Leverkusen, awful game. First game for us both at NWHL was against Southampton in September 2019 2-1 , Kane and Tanguy scored. Just before the Bayern hammering.

Can't wait to get over with my youngest to bring him with us to his first game when this shit is over, saying that we ain't exactly missing much at the moment. :mourfacepalm:

Haha that was my 2nd ever game. I'm in the Paxton where the junior Spurs used to go. My first game was a couple of weeks earlier vs Norwich. Clive Allen hatrick and we won 3-0.

My first trip to the Lane though was actually a while before that for a reserve game. Back then they used to play those at WHL and you could get in for 50p or something stupid like that. As a kid it was great you had the run of whichever stands they opened. Think one of those games, they opened the shelf and we went up there which was a buzz for a kid as we would never be allowed up there for a league game. Happy days.
I used to go to the odd reserve game too, before I started to go to away games. 50p entrance and a programme (single sheet of A4) thrown in. Happy days.

Christ, it was the 80,s, v Liverpool. It pissed it down , I stood in the Paxton getting soaked, it was dArk and a Sunday is all I remember.

Those were the days

And me mum taped it

Adult ticket in Block F on the shelf in the 1979-1980 season was £2.70.
wow a pint of lager was then 47 pence so a ticket would cost you just over 5 pints so spurs now should cost between £25-30

source for cost of a london pint in 1980 may be a bit sketchy

There is footage of this game somewhere....
I think I remember one of the goals. From a Taylor (?) throw in out right, dummied and then 1-2'd back to PT by the player behind the dummy, took it into the box for a one on one and scored neatly.

From a bloody throw in!! It was such a great move and so simple, I could never understand why we didn't score others that season from it. Maybe we did and they weren't on TV.

Just remembered another v Citeh from a throw in out right, 3-0 at home, H in charge. Again, created a one on one. At our end, Paxton for that one.

Ha ha... we used to bang on the gate pretend to cry - claim some big boys had stole our tickets and the plod or stewards would let us in. Probably got away with it half a dozen times all told. :)
My mate use to work the hot dog stand in the ground. We give him fiver and gor £20 change. Now its all cashless :roseunsure:

Definitely would have been a couple of blocks for Home fans on the East side. You were at the right end to see the goals.
Yeah! I was 10 at the time, and don't remember loads about it.

The main thing that always stands out in my memory was all the people leaving early to go and queue for FA Cup Semi Final tickets. I think we can safely say that it was well worth it

First moment I remember was Johnny Haynes absolutely skinning one of our team down our left wing - such skill! Christ knows what game/year it was. The memory will stay with me forever.

First programme I've got (must've been bought by my Dad, because it's got his writing in it) was 1963 vs someone or other - can't find it currently.

First game I remember being at, was us smashing Man Utd 5-1 in 1965 (I think), unless the Haynes moment preceded that. Glory Glory days.

Back
Top Bottom