Was your first match ever attended on TV?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DTM

LAMBETHIAN YIDDO
What was the very first Tottenham match you ever attended and was it televised? If you can find the video highlights please post it on this thread - if not, perhaps because it was too long ago for highlights-please at least name and date the game here. I did a search and was happy to have found mine in the archives.

Me and my cousin were in the away end as we turned up ticketless wanting to get in the east stand boys door - but luckily for us a lovely WPC gave too kids a free ticket each.

Great experience as I recall but not the result we wanted.

1 Nov 1969, v Sheffield Wednesday, won 1-0, Roger Morgan scored the winner.

19 April 1969 v West Ham. Won 1-0 (Greaves). That goal condemned me to lifetime of futile hope and misery.

No footage that I’ve found, but I bought a programme a couple of weeks ago that is now on my Spurs “Wall-o-Tat”.

We beat Derby 3-0 and Gazza scored a hat trick, including 2 excellent free kicks. Got to briefly meet him afterwards as well as my mum worked for Holsten, the sponsor at the time.
That was the 91 season, right? Peter Shilton taking a rare break from cheating on (and beating) his wife(allegedly), and proceeded to not get his hands near anything for 90mins.
I were at that one.

Was my my first. My first was a home win against Notts County. 1-0. I think Archibald bagged the winner

Brilliant game, my first visit to Stamford Bridge. Scary atmosphere, took us over an hour to get back to the tube station after the game.

That’s right. There had been major trouble at Chelsea as they beat Liverpool in the previous round and the same was expected again. The police were very heavy handed I recall.

It would take very special powers for me to be your dad. Given I wasn't even born then 😂
back to the future GIF

First game I remember being at, was us smashing Man Utd 5-1 in 1965 (I think), unless the Haynes moment preceded that. Glory Glory days.
Just found the thrashing of Man Utd on YouTube:

Do they allow toilet rolls into the stadium these days?

Blimey..
no televised football highlights or a date of note from the 60’s 70’s or even- the 1980’... at least a date this side of the 20th century ?
Hotspurpaul Hotspurpaul :sonpoint:

Last edited:
I always remember the excitement as a kid if you turned up and the tv lorries were parked up.. " we're gonna be on the box". Crowds were a lot younger then. Me and mates were going on our own from the age of 10. Still going with some of them.
I am trying to remember what it cost in 1979.
No ticket, cash at the gate. I think it was £4.50 to stand on the Shelf, maybe that is wrong though.

19 April 1969 v West Ham. Won 1-0 (Greaves). That goal condemned me to lifetime of futile hope and misery.

No footage that I’ve found, but I bought a programme a couple of weeks ago that is now on my Spurs “Wall-o-Tat”.
Yes, I didn't appreciate it at the time what that game would mean to me, I managed to get the programme on ebay a couple of years ago; the original cost a tanner and I shelled out a whole quid to get it :)

That was the 91 season, right? Peter Shilton taking a rare break from cheating on (and beating) his wife(allegedly), and proceeded to not get his hands near anything for 90mins.
I were at that one.

Was my my first. My first was a home win against Notts County. 1-0. I think Archibald bagged the winner
That's the one.

Pretty sure it was this on 30th March 1991

I remember being stood on the Park Lane, but must've been right in the corner as can't see any home fans in that end in the coverage.

Definitely would have been a couple of blocks for Home fans on the East side. You were at the right end to see the goals.

Back
Top Bottom