Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was Dele about yesterday? Angry antics being subbed! It didn't look good on TV. He should grow up, Poch spoiled him.
I think Jose has shown Dele is in his plans but his performances hasn't been good, though he was OK yesterday, his passing wasn't spot on. I think Jose is being patient with him but won't if carries on like this.
He gave my mate's Son his shirt after the game (and the kid didn't even have to write a fucking "GIVE ME YOUR SHIRT" begging placard!

I'm not surprised though, I reckon Dele couldn't WAIT to get rid of it!

So did .Michael Oliver's!!!
Talking of which, that was a THREE minute delay, and yet only TWO mins were added on...
Even allowing for other stoppages during the match, it shoulda been at LEAST 4 mins added onto the 1st half... and yet it wasn't, and no one seemed bothered.... or just forgot!
I've given up on refs. If the PL and the FA won't hold them to a higher standard, what can we as supporters do?

occasionally that’s true, but a much larger percentage of the time his “unpredictable touches and flicks” kill moves and result in chances to build something being squandered.

The trouble is, most of our team don’t do what you’d expect either. I’d expect Moura to be able to get his head up and complete a simple pass instead of running into a sea of legs most of the time, I’d expect a player like Son who can dribble past a whole team and then dink the keeper, would be able to hit the target from 8 yards. I’d expect Lemala to have learned to not keep wasting great chances because he can only touch the ball with one foot.

We desperately need someone up there who is capable of something composed and expected.

Moura does what I expect him to do every time, run into a blockade and get fouled or tackled. It's not what I want him to do, it's what I expect him to do.
Winks does what i expect, get the ball then pop it back to where it came from.
Son seems to be a 1 in 5 player at the moment.

Sometimes I feel like Lamela can do it but then he is out half the season.

The only one who seems to try something different is Dele. It's not always good though. I prefer him doing it as a 10 rather than a 6 or 8.

Of course he signed because this is Tottenham Hotspur right now.
Any manager would have had to inherit this team.
That’s a scenario we are ALL stuck with, and celebrating it because you think Poch would have done a better job just makes you look like your priorities are all wrong.

Things we worse before Jose came. Deny it all you want but from where I’m standing we are 7 places higher and can still make 4th and are in two cups.
Just signed a new player and brought through an academy, while Eriksen is finally leaving and Lo Celso and Lamela are playing more and more.

Im happy to get some more players in, and watch the re build over the summer with a ore season. Some of you are a little to eager to enjoy Jose’s “failure”........you were screaming about it after his first game.

Poch will NEVER manage this club ever again.
If this is how you people are going to treat every manager we ever have, you may as well just piss off now.
Trying hard not to step on any toes here. I think it was becoming obvious that Poch's time was up. Even he knew that. Team needs a manager. One of the best is available. He comes into a shambles and moves us out of danger. I don't pretend to know if he's going to improve the club or not but nobody can do much in the short amount of time he's been here. Plus the fact that we have a chairman others don't want to deal with makes it a little harder. I think we should accept we are going to finish mid table, (6 if we're lucky) and hopefully players will be sold in the summer and new blood will come in. I'm turning off the knee jerk emotional reactions no matter what the results are. My only concern is Kane and Son moving elsewhere.

Trying hard not to step on any toes here. I think it was becoming obvious that Poch's time was up. Even he knew that. Team needs a manager. One of the best is available. He comes into a shambles and moves us out of danger. I don't pretend to know if he's going to improve the club or not but nobody can do much in the short amount of time he's been here. Plus the fact that we have a chairman others don't want to deal with makes it a little harder. I think we should accept we are going to finish mid table, (6 if we're lucky) and hopefully players will be sold in the summer and new blood will come in. I'm turning off the knee jerk emotional reactions no matter what the results are. My only concern is Kane and Son moving elsewhere.
One of the best in the world circa 2013.
He's done no better with this squad than Poch did this season. He's been schooled by guys 18 months into management.

Man Ure used to be an absolute force, now they're a shadow of that. Why? Because football evolves

You haven’t said anything
Have I not?
And if you would please pay close attention to your response on how easy it is to become a purity fascist. I would love to go for a ride around that circumlocution. Good luck Sammy.

Have I not?
And if you would please pay close attention to your response on how easy it is to become a purity fascist. I would love to go for a ride around that circumlocution. Good luck Sammy.
I can’t see the point for all the bullshit, sorry if you have a question just ask it properly

Dear me. Vertonghen stopped it with his hand which was about level with his face.

It was a penalty. Oliver was 10m away and it was upheld by VAR. Oh no, hang on, refs and VAR are part of the conspiracy against Spurs.

I suppose ours were penalties? (they weren't). More evidence of a conspiracy.

Remember there is currently only one team in the PL that are victims - we don't want to become the second.
You seem determined to stick up for the referees who cheat Spurs, and not the team you "claim" to support. You mentioned the Watford penalty, what about the Spurs penalty where the commentary said the sun must have got in Oliver's eyes? And the dreadful challenge on Tanganga which everyone has said was a red card, not given by Oliver & VAR (Kevin Friend)?

Your selective point missed almost everything else which happened in the match - the constant free kicks given to Troy Deeney and others for clear dives. And Spurs don't dive coz they will be booked for it.

I think you are a fake Spurs fan mikes01666, who's your real team, West Ham, Chelsea, Woolwich?

I think the last couple of league games I’ve seen some good improvement compared to the rancid shit that was the Southampton game.

We competed well against Liverpool and Watford in very difficult circumstances with our injuries and could have taken 6 points from both with the chances we had. The squad needs to recover some injured players and add a striker, if we can do that we can start winning games again. We are getting closer to the level of intensity we need.

glad to see the long ball is being used less and we are playing to our strengths. We are playing quicker passes than we have in a long time and certainly are not trying to slowing creep towards the oppositions box ala Poch style. Signs??

Back
Top Bottom