Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You seem determined to stick up for the referees who cheat Spurs, and not the team you "claim" to support. You mentioned the Watford penalty, what about the Spurs penalty where the commentary said the sun must have got in Oliver's eyes? And the dreadful challenge on Tanganga which everyone has said was a red card, not given by Oliver & VAR (Kevin Friend)?

Your selective point missed almost everything else which happened in the match - the constant free kicks given to Troy Deeney and others for clear dives. And Spurs don't dive coz they will be booked for it.

I think you are a fake Spurs fan mikes01666, who's your real team, West Ham, Chelsea, Woolwich?

Oliver had an OK game. End of.

Please try and explain away the image I posted of the penalty incident?

The Tanganga incident was a dangerous challenge and merited review. Was it a Red card? Maybe, it depends on which club you support.

The penalties we claimed were really not and it would have been harsh if awarded.

I don't recall Deeney constantly falling over, well, no more than usual. No more so than Dele or Son. "Spurs don't dive" - I'm afraid you're wrong there!

Ah, the last refuge of the lost argument - claim the person is the supporter of another club!

Of course, I've been outed as a Woolwich fan!

Now please go away.

I think it was to counter Sarr’s pace. Jan would have struggled.
100% and to change him mid game to the middle would have been bad for the player imo as well-he trusted him to not get a second yellow and keep Sarr as quiet as possible. I thought he did ok considering.
Good confidence builder.

To be honest THFC looked like Tranmere United - long balls, horrible in possession - but we managed to get a point - that is not nothing...

Why are you saying “we” managed to get a point. You are not a Spurs supporter. Since you started posting all you have ever done is kiss Eriksen’s arse and slag off Tanganga. You clearly don’t know anything about football

Why are you saying “we” managed to get a point. You are not a Spurs supporter. Since you started posting all you have ever done is kiss Eriksen’s arse and slag off Tanganga. You clearly don’t know anything about football
Tanganga was a liability against Watford. CE did well setting up the disallowed goal. These are facts. The rest is just opinions...

Tanganga was a liability against Watford. CE did well setting up the disallowed goal. These are facts. The rest is just opinions...

Eriksen laid a 5 yard pass onto Aurier for Aurier to cross- to say he set up the disallowed goal is stretching things but then I would expect nothing else from you.
In terms of Tanganga it was a difficult afternoon for him but I think most of our team would have struggled against Sarr. Where was your praise for him following his genuine recent motm performances?

I had a blinding day.
Awful game of Football though.
A draw was a fair result IMHO.
Interesting conversation i was ear wigging coming out after.
2 Watford fans saying that in the first 10 minutes we looked we would destroy them, but they sorted their midfield out after.The interesting bit was that they couldn't understand us playing a long ball game with the players we have.

All the fans around me(i was in the a home stand) very appreciative of our anti VAR songs :)
EDIT
Or they might have been talking about us trying to walk it into the net.They mentioned both

I had a blinding day.
Awful game of Football though.
A draw was a fair result IMHO.
Interesting conversation i was ear wigging coming out after.
2 Watford fans saying that in the first 10 minutes we looked we would destroy them, but they sorted their midfield out after.The interesting bit was that they couldn't understand us playing a long ball game with the players we have.

All the fans around me(i was in the a home stand) very appreciative of our anti VAR songs :)
EDIT
Or they might have been talking about us trying to walk it into the net.They mentioned both
I thought we started great tbh-first 20/30 mins we were good, then it changed after missed chances and the refs bullshit with his radio.
We need to start finishing chances in games big time, we were 3 up in games like this a lot of the time before our current slump with more control in the middle and better finishing. We seem a very long way from achieving that atm though:-/

#FACUPRUN

I thought we started great tbh-first 20/30 mins we were good, then it changed after missed chances and the refs bullshit with his radio.
We need to start finishing chances in games big time, we were 3 up in games like this a lot of the time before our current slump with more control in the middle and better finishing. We seem a very long way from achieving that atm though:-/

#FACUPRUN
Yeah first 20 mins or so looked really good , have you let the independent know your thoughts on Norwich yet? :mourhandlaugh:

I find him slow, decelerates the attack, he needs time to decide what to do with the ball, his flicks and mugs rarely productive. I don't know what happened to him, he was excellent when he arrived.
I think he shouldn't be a starter for now. Lucas, Son, LoCelso, Lamela and Gedson are ahead of him.
Totally agree that he needs team-mates to make him look good.
I feel that he is like a rabbit in the headlights, when he gets the ball, and as a result, he'll try a one-touch flick, so that he doesn't have to hold on to it for too long, look to take a dive, or just run into a cul-de-sac, and lose possession.
Shame really, as he definitely cuts a frustrated figure, who is a bit out of his depth in my opinion.

Oliver had an OK game. End of.

Please try and explain away the image I posted of the penalty incident?

The Tanganga incident was a dangerous challenge and merited review. Was it a Red card? Maybe, it depends on which club you support.

The penalties we claimed were really not and it would have been harsh if awarded.

I don't recall Deeney constantly falling over, well, no more than usual. No more so than Dele or Son. "Spurs don't dive" - I'm afraid you're wrong there!

Ah, the last refuge of the lost argument - claim the person is the supporter of another club!

Of course, I've been outed as a Woolwich fan!

Now please go away.
Excellent debate lads, and both make great points.

I agree that on another day, that tackle would've been a straight red, and I don't understand why it wasn't reviewed.

However, I find it so frustrating to see how many free-kicks are "won" by players falling over, at the faintest of touches, initiating contact, or tripping themselves up.
You can predict when, and where on the pitch, players are going to fall over with a good deal of certainty, and match officials fall for it nearly every time.
Every team does it, and unfortunately it's now become an established tactic, which is used to break play up, or to gain an advantage.

Excellent debate lads, and both make great points.

I agree that on another day, that tackle would've been a straight red, and I don't understand why it wasn't reviewed.

However, I find it so frustrating to see how many free-kicks are "won" by players falling over, at the faintest of touches, initiating contact, or tripping themselves up.
You can predict when, and where on the pitch, players are going to fall over with a good deal of certainty, and match officials fall for it nearly every time.
Every team does it, and unfortunately it's now become an established tactic, which is used to break play up, or to gain an advantage.
Even big Troy Deeney was flopping around like an asphyxiating fish.

Eriksen is garbage, you’re views aren’t popular anymore.
This forum 99% appreciated and backed him.

You’re not talking to trolls with an anti Eriksen agenda (other than myself of course)
If TFC has turned on him, rest assured, it’s because he’s a dick and playing like a cunt.

I don't get the Tanganga overhype to be fair. Got destroyed by Firmino for their goal and Sarr tore him a new on Saturday. His best game was vs a bottom Championship side.

Cautious optimism for me - but if you read the posts on here it sounds like we have the next Cafu

Back
Top Bottom