Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Must win after today's game.

Watford are poor.

Definitely out = Romero, Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Bergwijn

think the team pretty much picks itself though i'd like Ndombele to get a chance over Hojbjerg

Lloris

Emerson Sanchez Dier Davies Reguilon

Skipp Hojbjerg

Son Kane Lucas

Wouldn’t mind seeing Tanganga instead of Sanchez - a lot of today was Davison with the opportunity to attack and, whilst he’s probably on balance superior defensively, I don’t think he’d be as effective as Japhet with those chances.

They've lost their last 5 since they beat Man U 4-1 and got Solskjear sacked. Spammers won 1-4 there today. We really can't mess up here. Must win.

We made Norwich look good so every possibility of doing the same here hope not but we just don’t have the ability to play possesion football and create chances.

Good thing to have another game so soon, and hopeful that we can get a win. No point in having games in hand if we don't win them!
Exactly.

I don't understand people who try to predict the future like the race for top 4 thread.

I said 1 game at a time whilst everyone was expecting us to roll.over Southampton and Watford. Doesn't work like that.

If people haven't learnt yet that we are our own worst enemy, they never will.

I'll take points on the board over games in hand. That's why Woolwich are in a better place to be having played most of their matches.

Must win doesn't really cut it. Huge game this. We need to improve our away form. It won't be easy, they will want to see a reaction after losing 5 on the bounce and what better way to get a big scalp.

Also a big game for some of peripheral players, with limited rest and the transfer window open let's see what Conte does.

A must win? :conteshock:

general election uk GIF by BBC

Disappointing dropped points v Southampton but one positive, we make 1 point up on Liverpool if you want to look at it like that. Win our 2 games in hand, we go 5 points behind them. Considering the so called blistering season they are having, that’s nothing in terms of points. Woolwich play City and Chelsea play Liverpool. Any of those lot will be dropping points. Win against Watford we make up those points. Fuck Westham, we have 2 games in hand on them and they will drop points all season

We made Norwich look good so every possibility of doing the same here hope not but we just don’t have the ability to play possesion football and create chances.

I was at Norwich and, without scummy cunt commentators swaying my opinion, we took them apart with consummate ease and did it without the ball. I'd rather do that than have 80% possession and pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes and draw 0-0

We have a big mental issue away from home and have done for a long time, probably the biggest issue for Conte to fix. The team always seems nervous and is easily intimidated when we are away from WHL. We need a commanding performance here. We have to show that we are not wimps.

Lloris
Davinson Dier Davies
Emerson Skipp Winks Reguilon
Lucas Kane Son

We have a big mental issue away from home and have done for a long time, probably the biggest issue for Conte to fix. The team always seems nervous and is easily intimidated when we are away from WHL. We need a commanding performance here. We have to show that we are not wimps.

Lloris
Davinson Dier Davies
Lucas Kane Son

We didn't have a mental issue yesterday, we were fucking robbed by corrupt officials.
Should have been at least 1-3 - if the legit goals were given, it could have been a rout.

We didn't have a mental issue yesterday, we were fucking robbed by corrupt officials.
Should have been at least 1-3 - if the legit goals were given, it could have been a rout.

Yeah we did, we started like shit and if they hadn’t lost a man we would have been in big trouble. Serious top 4 contenders do not let bottom feeders boss them around like that.

I don’t think we’ve played a single good away game in this entire season, in any competition. We never start away games with the proper intensity. Conte said after the game that we only started playing after they “gave us a slap”. That’s been going on for years and has to change. We should be the team that comes out blasting, not the opponent.

Lloris
Davinson Dier Davies
Lucas Kane Son
Decisions went against us . We pretty much won the game , comfortably

Regarding the sending off , it happened . It effected the game to our favour , but there’s no denying it was a clear 2nd yellow

Yeah we did, we started like shit and if they hadn’t lost a man we would have been in big trouble. Serious top 4 contenders do not let bottom feeders boss them around like that.

I don’t think we’ve played a single good away game in this entire season, in any competition. We never start away games with the proper intensity. Conte said after the game that we only started playing after they “gave us a slap”. That’s been going on for years and has to change. We should be the team that comes out blasting, not the opponent.
We don't know that. We'd already had 1 goal disallowed for offside, and 2 of their players got booked early putting them at risk of a red card. I never felt, even at 1 down that we would lose the game. They had 2 shots on target yesterday to our 11. It should have been a walk in the park but for bent reffing.

Back
Top Bottom