Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given what he inherited after Mou and Nuno’s best efforts, it’s a damn impressive turnaround. We’re imperfect all over the place, but he’s somehow getting results. Honestly, we have one last shot of building something really decent with a truly world class manager. Don’t fuck it up DL.

:levywtf:
It's almost like 4D chess - honestly, if Conté just couldn't be convinced to come in the summer (hang ups over leaving Inter? I dunno) and we knowingly hired Nuno as a stooge to keep the seat warm until he could be convinced, I'm okay with it.

It's handicapped our season, sure, but Conté is genuinely the best manager we could have appointed (and even then I was convinced he would never come).

Give Ranieri and Watford some credit they effectively parked the bus on us then used their big men to nullify any attempts from the wing

How many times we’ve sat back resolutely only to be undone in the dying embers

That match was one way traffic breaking down 9 men behind the ball isn’t an easy feat.

We came we saw we conquered

COYS!!!

Back to the inflicting damage on that case of bubbly

Hate to say it but they are.

Watched Woolwich v City and then us. Not convinced they were playing the same game.

Utterly devoid of ideas on how to break down a defensive outfit (rather like Soton's 10 men). Relied on a set piece to steal 3 thoroughly unwarranted points.

Makes you pine for Trippier on the right. Emerson was truly useless.

Other than missing from the edge of the area, can't remember Kane doing anything. Son was hopeless for 100 minutes before delivering the cross.

Thoroughly depressing performance redeemed by the three points.

Well Southampton we had 2 perfectly good goals ruled out. Effectively should have been 3-1 us. Today we were poor, but on the flip side, we produced an outstanding performance v Liverpool and we’re miles the better team. So, fuck Woolwich!!! They are playing well, but as per usual, lacked discipline and are mentally weak against the top sides. I’m confident we will beat these cunts under Conte, fuck em

It's very much us, too - no matter how poor they've been at times, Woolwich usually turn up against us (similar to West Ham) yet we bent over and gifted them the three points. Ever since they've flat track bullied and convinced themselves they're better than they are.

Whilst I can’t argue that they do usually turn up when playing us (a la West Ham), the last time we lost at home to the cunts in the League was in 2014. Rosicky scored the only goal, it was that long ago.

Think people are being too hard on Reggie. He had no space at all today, constantly marked.

The book on us is obviously to let Royal/Doherty have the space and dare them to make a play.
Quite. Watford clearly had a "go on then" plan to funnel the ball towards Emerson who would then cross in an easy to defend manner, rinse and repeat.

The centre was congested but I'd have much preferred us to keep trying to play it to feet that way to cause chaos and hope it came through to Kane/Son/Lucas.

Whilst I can’t argue that they do usually turn up when playing us (a la West Ham), the last time we lost at home to the cunts in the League was in 2014. Rosicky scored the only goal, it was that long ago.
Fair, fair. We have conspired to draw (or narrowly win) when we should have been smashing the twats though. I still have no idea how we didn't win the Kane-tear-his-mask-off game against ten men. Fucking Sanchez, man.

Hate to say it but they are.

Watched Woolwich v City and then us. Not convinced they were playing the same game.

Utterly devoid of ideas on how to break down a defensive outfit (rather like Soton's 10 men). Relied on a set piece to steal 3 thoroughly unwarranted points.

Makes you pine for Trippier on the right. Emerson was truly useless.

Other than missing from the edge of the area, can't remember Kane doing anything. Son was hopeless for 100 minutes before delivering the cross.

Thoroughly depressing performance redeemed by the three points.
They looked good but were playing against a city that played terribly and left huge amounts of space in behind, we played a Watford that didn’t leave their box

Hard to compare the two

Quite. Watford clearly had a "go on then" plan to funnel the ball towards Emerson who would then cross in an easy to defend manner, rinse and repeat.

The centre was congested but I'd have much preferred us to keep trying to play it to feet that way to cause chaos and hope it came through to Kane/Son/Lucas.

Royale was not the only problem, we just didn't have enough variety in our attacking moves, made a real slog of it. Too slow and predictable at times.

He did end up getting twice as many key passes as any other player . Poor movement from the front 3 didnt help much either.
This is the case more often than people realise. Rarely seems to be enough movement off the ball. If you are not the quickest like Kane then you have to be clever. Put someone like Cavani in our team with clever movement and we would have scored more than the single goals against Southampton and Watford.

Back
Top Bottom