Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got lucky with the 3 points today. We barely deserved them. It was two poor sides on show. But being at home Watford could have surely shown a bit more intent, so they got what they deserved in the end which was nothing, We huffed and puffed but it's pretty clear to see where we are lacking and what we are lacking.
Yeah but we were unlucky against Southampton. So balance innit.

Emerson got more crosses into the box from out wide than anybody else.
Because the other team didn’t even bother to mark him. Did you watch?

How many times did he actually beat a player to get a cross off? I remember one and he actually just kicked it to the defender and tackled it back to beat him.

It's called a computer, mate.

giphy.gif

indonesia buffering GIF

We got lucky with the 3 points today. We barely deserved them. It was two poor sides on show. But being at home Watford could have surely shown a bit more intent, so they got what they deserved in the end which was nothing, We huffed and puffed but it's pretty clear to see where we are lacking and what we are lacking.
It's not often I buy into the 'things even themselves up' theory... but I have to say, for the two piss poor ref decisions we lost out to against Southampton, todays' non-Pen against Lloris was the turning point...
A goal for them then and they'd have hung on for dear lives... we thought they were shutting up shop at 0-0, imagine if they had a goal lead to defend.... they'd have just left 11 men on the goal-line and let us try and take pot shots!

Pierre shooting from 30 yards. Just what you want.
I still think 352 will be our best formation. We need more space upfront and need another body in midfield. Even though it probably takes Lucas off a lot of times.
Currently I really think Son needs a break, he is worse than winks these days when it comes to passing it to the back or to the sides.
We can’t have him and Kane on current form being regular starters.
We need to rest either of them for maybe 3 games.

Currently I really think Son needs a break, he is worse than winks these days when it comes to passing it to the back or to the sides.

He'll come good again, hopefully sooner rather than later. Other than that purple patch that lasted a couple of months last season when they were both in wonderful form, I think they've both struggled more and more at times without Eriksen in the side, and to a lesser extent Dembele. Overall our midfield can be described best as "workmanlike".

Kane has been our most likely source of creating something for a while now, yet we all want to see him in the box as much as possible. So that's something that definitely has to change.

A major problem I have noticed in our game play to be honest has to be that all our players lack imagination.
There was a one touch flick moura would have done that would have set Son 1v1.
I see Reggie and even Sess(especially Sess) run into positions or release a pass and run into decent positions and the ball moves a step backwards and sent to the other flank, and I’m wondering, are we intent on slowing down every single play, why not release the runner on the 1-2
Why not make a flick, why not attempt a chipped pass. These guys chose football as a career, it’s almost as though they’re coached to take the safer option(perhaps makes sense why Ndombele is a bencher) you could have a heart attack with him in the team.
We need to actually play with more urgency, and more imagination.

It’s not that he needs a rest, he’s being asked to play with his back to goal rather than as a striker or wide attacker

Because the other team didn’t even bother to mark him. Did you watch?

How many times did he actually beat a player to get a cross off? I remember one and he actually just kicked it to the defender and tackled it back to beat him.
Yes I did watch. More crosses came in from him. If he kicked it to a defender and then tackled him to get the ball back, and beat him, surely that is to be praised. What a strange game you watch.

I see Emerson is the new Winks/Sissoko/Sanchez/Doherty/Dier/Davies/Hojbjerg on TFC.
Remember when all of the above were written off by at various times by the TFC experts.
Conte is missing a trick not checking out the forum.

Yes I did watch. More crosses came in from him. If he kicked it to a defender and then tackled him to get the ball back, and beat him, surely that is to be praised. What a strange game you watch.
It does for that one play, but it’s not a reliable way to beat a defender.

More crosses coming from him was just due to the other teams game plan and teammates getting Emerson free.

Thought Emerson did well last game against saints but poor today.

Back
Top Bottom