Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emerson is a good defensive option but when we are playing a side that is going to give us 70% possession and ask us to send crosses in, we need another option.

I would have preferred Gil coming on at RWB for the entire second half instead of more Emerson crosses.
Should have kept Tripps. RWB position is crying out for someone with his crossing ability (I wonder if he can be tempted back?) Alternatively, convert Bergwijn to RWB when we need a bit more attacking threat.

This is ridiculously simplistic, everyone's body and health is unique.

People have no idea, but to dismiss these as not having any chance of being related to the pandemic/vaccination is equally short-sighted.

Fuck me Sanchez scored again!

What may help is comparing rates on these incidents, with countries like Denmark whose health authorities intervened and insisted on Aspiration being done.

These incidents, IMO, are quite likely happening to those who have suffered piercing to allow this into the bloodstream.

Dr Campbell had a guy on who suffered pericarditis and he reported a metallic taste in his mouth after the shot, that caused the heart problem, the US health system tried to section him before allowing tests (which proved he was not mad, but vaccine injured)!!!

Time will bear out the truth.

Sorry to say things few want to hear. It’s deeply upsetting for everyone to consider.

Because you're a dirty old perv.....
family guy queue GIF

No you didn’t mate. Someone should have told Royal (and evidently you) that we were playing in purple
Just for your information, this is fact, not speculation:

Emerson Royal's first half by numbers vs. Watford:

100% take-on success

87% pass accuracy

72 touches (most)

8 crosses

6 touches in opp. box (most)

6 duels won

2 take-ons

2 tackles

2 chances created

1 interception

Playing really advanced.

I see you ignored that he is the 3rd best tackler in the PL.
I was merely addressing your point that you made that Royal did some good crosses when most people can see that he didn’t. I don’t look much at statistics to be honest because they can be bent to show almost anything. For example people on here were arguing about how effective Dele has been this season because he covered a lot of ground. Unfortunately they failed to appreciate that he did it at a snails pace. Similarly people will look back in the future at the game today and see that Son had an assist and assume he must have played well when he was gash. So statistics aren’t always a great representation of the effectiveness of a player.

100% take-on success

87% pass accuracy

72 touches (most)

8 crosses

6 duels won

2 take-ons

2 tackles

2 chances created

1 interception

Playing really advanced.
Yes he may have made 8 crosses but they were shit. I could turn that same stat around and say he made 8 crosses so why the fuck didn’t he create any chances from them?

100% take-on success

87% pass accuracy

72 touches (most)

8 crosses

6 duels won

2 take-ons

2 tackles

2 chances created

1 interception

Playing really advanced.

He had acres of space to play in all game and managed maybe one ball of quality the entire match. I don’t think he’s a bad player, defensively he’s actually very good, but playing as a RWB he simply doesn’t have the technical quality to perform his role the way others like TAA, James, Chilwell, Hakimi etc can. Everything building up to the final pass/shot is good, but that quality is the crucial bit.

There’s been decent reports we’re prioritising signing a RWB, and it doesn’t surprise me at all. Emerson just isn’t suited to that role.

I was merely addressing your point that you made that Royal did some good crosses when most people can see that he didn’t. I don’t look much at statistics to be honest because they can be bent to show almost anything. For example people on here were arguing about how effective Dele has been this season because he covered a lot of ground. Unfortunately they failed to appreciate that he did it at a snails pace. Similarly people will look back in the future at the game today and see that Son had an assist and assume he must have played well when he was gash. So statistics aren’t always a great representation of the effectiveness of a player.
All were poor today. But Emerson was one of the Spurs better players.

Emerson Royal's game by numbers vs Watford:

89% pass accuracy

113 touches

13 crosses

8 touches in opp. box

7 duels won

6 chances created

5 take-ons attempted

3 take-ons completed

2 tackles

1 interception

He is the 3rd best tackler in the PL and people need to get off his back and encourage him.

He has had no pre season. He does not speak English. He is 22.

While I’m going off on one:

Son Most touches in opp. box (9) Emerson had 8

Just watched the game, my stream died after the medical emergency was stabilised (I'll take that, out of the two options, obviously). Was sure it would end 0-0. Well done the boys for trying till the end!

Round of applause for Hugo, Ben, Oli and Dav (who I thought was decent again, and for his goal of course).

Props I suppose to Harry, PEH and Reg.

I'm guessing that in-match people were moaning about the subs, I can see that. I'd rather Gio (good to see him back on the pitch, added a bit of a spark from what I saw) had come on instead of Winks but hey ho, it worked out.

Concerns:
Emerson, given the space he was given throughout, he never "asked questions of the defence" if you'll pardon the descent into pundit speak.

Sonny's general form. I thought he was our weakest forward today, until his cracking assist.

In short, awful game, great result. I'll take that.

:contesmile:

The old saying rings true today, it's not how , it's how many.

Conte surely knows by now the players he needs to fix the obvious issues we have. My worry is that by going undefeated in the PL since Conte arrived, that Levy may start to feel comfortable with the progress being made?

Back
Top Bottom