Wayne Rooney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should have had a word with Conte and got the name of his hair surgeon. I think he'd have got a better outcome.

:contelol:
EUy-86iXQAIS9Uj.jpg

Anyone who does not rate Rooney should never pass judgement on football or dislikes the bloke.

An absolute gem of a footballer who probably should have left a United at 23/4 and gone to a Madrid or Bayerm, so damn good he was and for a new challenge.

I have said it before and absolutely believe that Rooney instead of or alongside Kane in any of our semi-finals or finals of the last 6 or 7 years, and obviously when he was 25/6 and we would have won most.

If people still believe he did not fulfil his early promise then it only goes to show how utterly brilliant he would have been if he had.

For me just a bit of a shame he is undoing some of that now, with the revelations.

We've tried to air brush it from our history but he actually scored the last official goal at the old stadium too. (He always seemed to score against us at home).

Hope he does well in management. He was treated awfully as a player by the media, I can only think how much worse it would be now with social media hounding him too. If we think Kane gets a rough deal, it would have been nothing compared to Rooney had he come through at the same time. Mad to think Kane will beat his England record, what a player he is.

We've tried to air brush it from our history but he actually scored the last official goal at the old stadium too. (He always seemed to score against us at home).

Hope he does well in management. He was treated awfully as a player by the media, I can only think how much worse it would be now with social media hounding him too. If we think Kane gets a rough deal, it would have been nothing compared to Rooney had he come through at the same time. Mad to think Kane will beat his England record, what a player he is.

Rooney was better for me. No easy way of measuring and Kane would have been fantastic at United if it were he and not Ro6oney but I don't think he would have been as good.

Apart from Gascoigne I thought he was the best England player I have seen.

For a whole he had everything I love in any sportsperson. Unquenching hunger, fearless and played like it always mattered despite his wealth.

Last edited:

He was a shit in public & private..... Even in recent years he's been caught jollying it up with birds whilst his missus is at home. If there's any airbrushing going on, it's him trying to reinvent himself; saying "I'm not that guy anymore honest" by getting Amazon to pay him a mint for his current "I'm a new man" interview.......... Cynical as fuck. Might as well claim to be a born again Christian like all the pro-wrestlers & rock stars of the 80's did when the decades of debauchery & adultery caught up with their conscience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom