Wayne Rooney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've always found him to be one of those players who's difficult to shoehorn into a system and has to have things organized around him to get the most out of him. I like the fact that we have a fair bit of breathing room to chop and change our lineup at the moment if needs be without really wasting any of our biggest talents, so for that reason alone I'd pass on Rooney.

I don't remember anything of that sort.

What I remember of a story I read was that he wanted a move back to Spain, so indeed it's not exactly the same.

Or was it Dzeko who is willing a move back to Germany, I don't know. Just imagine I never said anything. I'm a tard today.

He's just being honest.
I think he already redeemed himself by returning and helping them win the title last year.

For me, when a club not only pays you a quarter of a million every week but has continued to do so even after you violated the terms of your contract and spent half a season on a golfing holiday, and after the fans were decent enough to tolerate your presence after you both disrespected the club they support and insulted the area they're based, there are certain thoughts that you can just keep in your head. His help with the trophy success doesn't offset the fact that he's essentially shown that he doesn't really care about/considers himself bigger than the club, and isn't sorry for his appalling behaviour last season.

I think he wants to cut and run because he has had enough of the piss being taken out of him. Let him go run with the bulls in the long Pampus grasses, their welcome to him.

Rooney is as streaky as Defoe and can't seem to keep himself in shape for a whole season.

Streaky or not, his goal and assist returns always finish up streets ahead of most of his peers. He's scored 12 and assisted 12 so far during what is considered to be a "bad season" for him, with a lengthy early injury layoff to factor in. And scoring/directly creating is only half of his role for the team- he also contributes universes more than Defoe to the team as a whole both in building attacks, tracking back and even man-marking opposition attackers if needs be. They're not even comparable players- Rooney is a whole different, more complete type of player with a dozens more attributes, except he also adds JD's goal figures on top as well.

The fitness thing is a real concern, though, and add that to his wages and the fact I mentioned earlier that he can be awkward to slot into a pre-fixed system and he gets a do no want from me.

Streaky or not, his goal and assist returns always finish up streets ahead of most of his peers. He's scored 12 and assisted 12 so far during what is considered to be a "bad season" for him, with a lengthy early injury layoff to factor in. And scoring/directly creating is only half of his role for the team- he also contributes universes more than Defoe to the team as a whole both in building attacks, tracking back and even man-marking opposition attackers if needs be. They're not even comparable players- Rooney is a whole different, more complete type of player with a dozens more attributes, except he also adds JD's goal figures on top as well.

The fitness thing is a real concern, though, and add that to his wages and the fact I mentioned earlier that he can be awkward to slot into a pre-fixed system and he gets a do no want from me.
If you have him and Defoe in your team you have to make sure their scoring streaks compliment each other!

Steve McClaren on Rooney
The former England manager told Sky Sports News: "Sir Alex always says there is only one way to go after Manchester United, and that's down. He's right, that's proved.

"There are only four or five clubs that you could say to leave Manchester United to go there and it could be seen as progression.

:walkerwtf:

Back
Top Bottom