Wayne Rooney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The great Wayne Rooney

Gets an England testimonial while on a drink driving ban having ( possibly ) been betraying his wife at the time of being pissed.

Gets paid a kings ransom to be an shining light in US football and yet gets nicked for being pissed.

Absolute Cunt of a man.

A statement from DC United said: "We are aware of news reports indicating that Wayne Rooney was arrested in December.
"We understand the media's interest in this matter but we believe this is a private matter for Wayne that DC United will handle internally. We have no further comment on this situation."

What they dont understand is that it is not a private matter for Rooney or any other high profile player when they choose to accept over-inflated wages, have played for and captained their country and until recently (in Rooney's case) prominent PL clubs!
Role modelling should be incorporated in their contracts!

Last edited:
Wealthy passenger hits the free booze on his business/first class flight, like that doesn't happen every single day of the year. But Rooney is a 'star' so he should know better. Or at least his agent should have had people waiting at the gate to whisk him away, you just can't teach stupid (or scousers)

All generalisations are dangerous - even this one.
I'm not picking up a fight with you Joe, I've been around here long enough to understand that you have a lot of knowledge, but that you also are sometimes a bit finicky about stuff.
Generalisations can also be used in terms of humor. Call it bad taste, but our brain works in that way that we like patterns and things that are recognisable. As long as we treat each other with respect, I don't have a problem with generalisations if its merely used as humor.

A statement from DC United said: "We are aware of news reports indicating that Wayne Rooney was arrested in December.
"We understand the media's interest in this matter but we believe this is a private matter for Wayne that DC United will handle internally. We have no further comment on this situation."

What they dont understand is that it is not a private matter for Rooney or any other high profile player when they choose to accept over-inflated wages, have played for and captained their country and until recently (in Rooney's case) prominent PL clubs!
Role modelling should be incorporated in their contracts!
By saying it is a private matter I clearly read this as Wayne have a problem with alcohol.

You just can't see Harry behaving like that and he got worse press for claiming a goal he had every right to claim.
Rooney is not a very nice individual, had too much, too soon IMO.

Last edited:
You just can't see Harry behaving like that and he got worse press for claiming a goal he had every right to claim.
Rooney is not a very nice individual, too much, too soon IMO.
Harry presents as a very level headed family guy who is appreciating that you never get anything except by hard work. He will end up as Spurs highest goal scorer surpassing the great Greaves and he is one of the corner stones of the Spurs revival and renewal.

Wayne was raised on a counsil estate in Liverpool, not sure how much you can blame him for the occasional fuck up. Harry was always more likely going to be a great role model and I think they've both been doing remarkably well so far in their lives.

Back
Top Bottom