WBA (A) 5th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
1-1?

In all seriousness, we need to win this. Chelsea play Liverpool Sunday so one of them will drop points, but we can’t rely on others. Let’s make 3rd ours.
They’ve come into some form and can still stay up. Wanyama in for either Dembele (went off injured) or Dier as they both looked tired. Need an improvement on the performance as WBA will be tougher than Watford.

It will only be a tough game if we let it be a tough game, the league table don't lie.

Poch to scorch some arses after the Watford game and we win easy 3-0.

We seem to actually do well against teams that tend to be on a good run of form.

Think we'll win this 1-2.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Wanyama
Lucas - Eriksen - Dele
Kane
Not the most exciting midfield two but Dembele has been playing like he's carrying an injury and the injury he went off with today may keep him out of this one.

Would like Dier to just drop into a back three without the ball, leaving Wanyama to hold and one of Dele/Eriksen to drop deeper to dictate.

This will be harder than today. WBA have a good record against us and I was at the Wembley match re them when Sanchez got bullied into conceding and they wasted time from that time. We got a draw but it was 2 points dropped and we need to not concede early as WBA will need a win and we can get them on the break.
Son is off form and I would play Lamela for this one and bring either Son or Moura on when they are tiring.

Hardest match remaining. WBA have played well as of late, but there is a reason why we have 71 points and they have 28 and are about to be relegated.

If we get the first goal in the first half, I could see this being 0-4 affair for Spurs. If they score first, or we go into the 60th at 0-0, it will be tough to break them down.

I’m going to go with another two goal victory, Kane and Eriksen with the goals, and another clean sheet for Lloris.

If my maths is right, they have to win both their remaining games to stand any chance of avoiding the drop. They can’t park the bus in this one and have to go out guns blazing.

Set up to play them on the counter like we did against Liverpool, Madrid etc

We will win this one easily if we play it clever.
0-3 to the lilywhites.

I'm looking forward to going to this one, haven't been to The Hawthorns since the early nineties. Trust us to be playing them when they have started to perform. Ah well, if we approach this game with the right attitude, we should win, although I suppose a draw wouldn't be a total disaster. But it would be good to put a bit of daylight between us and the Chavs and Scousers.

don't want son in this game, he won't battle for headers, nor will eriksen, we can carry one not battling for headers but not 2,

Beat WBA, we should be too good for em - if we play to our best. Keep 5 points clear of Chelsea , which means leapfrog Liverpool - would be an exceptional weekend and very fulfilling. COYS

They have to win which means we should have an open game.

Dier and Dembele look tired so be good to see Wanyama start and one of them rested, probably Moussa. Expect to see Son replaced with Lamela for that extra energy in midfield.

Thought a firing Kane would have got 3 goals last night but he’s definitely getting fitter.

3-1 Spurs.

COYS

One thing we quite lacked last night was pace. Even with son, we weren’t able to stretch their rigid defence. It was refreshing in that sense to see Trippier knocking the bell past their FB and actually take him on for pace *kevin Kilbane style!

I’d like Lucas to play! Dele and Eriksen aren’t particularly quick. I do think Wanyama will play and he was decent when he came on last night. Prob have Serge in Rio to give KT a rest. We’ve also got a game next wed so a little bit of rotation is key.

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies

Dier Wanyama (just tell one of them to run and pass forward)

Lucas Alli Eriksen

Kane

*harsh on Lamela who was also decent last night in terms of driving the ball forward. Final pass (or lack there of, let him down)

We should look to stretch them, kind of like we did with Watford last night. Trippier/Aurier needs to hug the right line as much as possible like Kieran did last night. Force them move their defence out to the right so that space opens up on the left for Son/Ben to cut in from. And if Kane is still not 100% maybe we should utilize him more as a target man. Not much chasing the ball, just deliver it to him and have him shoot. Let Christian and Alli link the midfield and pull the strings

Keep focus and we've got this. No sleeping on the job.

Last away match of the season. Sunshine out. Should be glorious. Expecting a top performance from us. Goals all over the place. Best away day of the season to finish on a high.

There was some scary moments in defence yesterday and whilst with 6 days rest I would play same team and rotate for Newcastle, if Dembele is not fit I am not keen on Dier and Wanyama and would prefer bringing in Toby in a back 3 with just Dier in holding role. WBA will fight and Lamela would be better than Son. Back 3 allows FB's to attack more and that is trippier' strength.

Back
Top Bottom