WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where does Lamela fit into our starting 11 now? Who would we have dropped today to accommodate him? Dembele and Victor bossed the midfield.... Eriksen is our play maker, dele is just magical.... :pochrolleyes:
I guess today we could have dropped Hugo and played Lamela as an extra AM....:pocheyes:
Probably drop Dier and go back to 4-2-3-1

Good question.
I would have said 1980-82 and 2009-11 are the best sides I have seen, but this one is probably better.
It was rhetorical my friend. This team is head & shoulders above anything I've seen. I've loved Hoddle,Waddle,Ossie,Ricky,Gazza,lineker, Klinsmann & many more I didn't mention here but should have (Perryman,Ginola etc).

This squad is special. Everyone outside of Spurs knows this. That's why everyone is giving us press time. Love, love, LOVE what is going on in our house. Not just a big team with a big name superstar. Love it.

Probably drop Dier and go back to 4-2-3-1
Agree a wee bit- but be straight Arcy- would you drop Dier for any mofo? Even Lamela? That's fucking wow. Dier doesn't get dropped in my opinion. He is absolutely vital to Poch's system & to us right now.

Looking forward to a moody bulldog & a big X in my inbox. It just wouldn't be TFC otherwise. :dierpochhug:

We don't have the unique players (Hoddle being the greatest in my time) we've had in many squads, but I think this could be/become the best all round team I've seen.

We don't have the unique players (Hoddle being the greatest in my time) we've had in many squads, but I think this could be/become the best all round team I've seen.

Thought that myself, a Coutinho, Sanchez or Hazard type option and we would have the tools to be complete, you can see why Poch went so hard for Isco in the summer.

Our team always seems to improve its just a shame we had a slow start with so many draws. Also the 352 formation really suits our players, hope we keep the switch.

Where does Lamela fit into our starting 11 now? Who would we have dropped today to accommodate him? Dembele and Victor bossed the midfield.... Eriksen is our play maker, dele is just magical.... :pochrolleyes:
I guess today we could have dropped Hugo and played Lamela as an extra AM....:pocheyes:

He doesn't fit into our starting eleven. Apart from some months last season, he's usually been the weakest point in our best team. Not even if he'd reached his best form from last season would he knock anyone out of our current team.

Going back to a four man back line to fit him into the team would be ridiculous. The current system fits our team a fucklot better than 4-2-3-1 ever did.

In 352 he would be fighting it out for Eriksen's spot as the playmaker, in the 4231 we almost use him as a wide forward but he is best in the middle being creative, thing is we have Eriksen.

It's a nice problem to have.

How are we building a great team and a great stadium at the same time? It's mental.

They said it couldn't be done.

My own take is that Levy's weaknesses is covered by Poch and hence why they are both so good together.

Levy nails the bussiness side but his tightness has often left us short on the pitch and his character is not always well suited to managers who speak their mind (Redknapp, Sherwood).

The brilliance of Poch is that he clears out the deadwood (Ade etc) and works with the young players or buys inexpensive young players to build and mould a team round his philosophy and it seems not to cost to much which fits our financial model, changing the mentality of the squad to make them fighters.

With this in mind Levy's shortcomings of late deals and failure to often pay for proven quality are less problematic. Poch is the perfect manager for what Levy needs, he even keeps his mouth shut and doesn't say whatever he is thinking but is cautious, another plus for Levy.

The Poch Levy combo really works, Poch gets what he wants which is time and Levy gets low cost brilliance in return.

In the 2014/15 season, we conceded 53 goals.

Since the beginning of the 2015/16 season (8th August 2015), we've conceded 49.

My brain can't begin to comprehend what Poch has done to achieve that, but I like it. :pochsmirk:

I know Harry got a hat trick today but I say Dele was our best player today.
In this game he reached a new level of excellence.

that was an enjoyable 10 mins or so, reliving the game, however I'd rather they showed more playing time and less on analysis (but that's never going to happen). Love Harry in his interview, he's such a nice lad, his family must be so proud.

Back
Top Bottom