WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An early goal or supreme patience is needed by all, mostly the team, for this fucknugget of a fixture.
Play our game and stick at it even if it means waiting till the 89th minute to score for a 1-0 win, I'd take that right now.

Have to be on top when defending set pieces.
They are like Everton this season, scored a little more thanthey have conceded ( Everton 28/23, WBA 28/24) and only one really resounding defeat (Everton 5-0, WBA 4-0)
I hope we have learnt from previous games against these.
If we bury the chances we usually miss against them we will beat them.
Pulis made 4 changes from the team that beat Hull playing derby on Saturday and got beaten
No Dolphin , Evans , Brunt or McLean

Think in many ways this game could be harder than the Chelsea one. Getting revved up for Chelsea is easy, especially with the history. West Brom are shit enough for none of our players to care and defensively stubborn enough to cause us issues.

We can't have what happened after the Man City win repeat itself. If we win this we're right up there and putting pressure on those above and around us. This is one of our biggest games of the season imo. Must win.

Think in many ways this game could be harder than the Chelsea one. Getting revved up for Chelsea is easy, especially with the history. West Brom are shit enough for none of our players to care and defensively stubborn enough to cause us issues.

Shit enough for none to care? What does that mean when we recently put 4 past a couple of poorer teams and just did a job on Villa?

I said in another thread WBA were our second hardest team to play against last season after drugged up Leicester, much tougher than Woolwich or City were, we will have to be top drawer again to win

Shit enough for none to care? What does that mean when we recently put 4 past a couple of poorer teams and just did a job on Villa?

I said in another thread WBA were our second hardest team to play against last season after drugged up Leicester, much tougher than Woolwich or City were, we will have to be top drawer again to win
And I've no doubt the players will want to right another wrong from last season. Wasn't WBA where the rot began to set in towards the end of the season?

West Brom (home)
Man City (away)

Which is the toughest fixture? Not sure who will agree with me but the first one is much more worrisome. I'm looking forward to destroying City again, but I'm hoping we get a deflection/penalty or whatever early on against West Brom, as the longer it stays nil nil the more I see us dropping points against these bus parking cunts.

Hallmark of Champions is beating shit like West Brom at home - I'm much more impressed about us beating West Broms, Burnleys, Stokes of this world at home then any of the big guys.

Hallmark of Champions is beating shit like West Brom at home - I'm much more impressed about us beating West Broms, Burnleys, Stokes of this world at home then any of the big guys.
This year our title hopes will be decided on our results against our rivals. Everyone is beating the lesser clubs. Look at Utd. They won 6 in a row (7 now I think) and went from 6th to 6th.

This year our title hopes will be decided on our results against our rivals. Everyone is beating the lesser clubs. Look at Utd. They won 6 in a row (7 now I think) and went from 6th to 6th.

I just meant what I am more impressed with. You learn a lot more about the team beating those like Burnley, West Brom etc. who will put men behind the ball. I think we're more than a match for Chelsea, Woolwich, City etc. because they aren't going to sit back and neither are we.

Which is why I think this game will be harder than City away.

I think everyone hates playing against Pulis-managed teams. The man is anti-football.

I agree this is a tougher proposition than the Man City game. We win this and I'm going to start getting optimistic about our chances of top 4.

Shit enough for none to care? What does that mean

It means they're not going to be especially motivated when you've just beat the leaders and then go to West Brom. I'd be surprised if we rush out of the blocks and go for their throat in the first 10 mins. I'd be half surprised if we score in the first half even.

Going to Southampton, Watford etc is all the same - no real high or low. They weren't big games. Chelsea was and there will be an emotional and psychological come down from that, just like City. That come down did a huge amount of damage and shows the age of the squad. Sometimes they put so much into the big games they forget about the ones without as much history or rivalry.

Other than that I agree and seems like our post shares to the same sentiment.

We win this and I'm going to start getting optimistic about our chances of top 4.

Win this and we're title outsiders.

Win this and City and we're title contenders.

Win this, City, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Liverpool and the title becomes a very real possibility, which is insane to think about.

Our rivals around us have some very tough games coming up, easy for them to drop points over the next few weeks. Fixtures are kinder to us.

MUST WIN!

Simply to consolidate the amazing Chelsea win...

It will be hard for the players and fans to gee themselves up for what will feel like a less intense game, but make no mistake, there is no reason why this can't be as high intensity as the last league game... if we want the points, it will need to be!

Can't we just 'pretend' it's Chelsea/Arse//West Ham??!

Back
Top Bottom