WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't usually bother passing comment on transfer speculation etc & i am generally a terrible judge of a player but even i could see Grealish for £20mn was ridiclously good value.

The new owners did not want to sell him.
8/8/18

Jack Grealish is ‘disappointed and disillusioned’ after Aston Villa decided not to sell him to Tottenham, according to reports.

It is understood Spurs launched a £25m bid for the midfielder on Wednesday night but Villa do not intend to lose their star man in this transfer window.

Grealish was told he could leave the club before their new owners arrived and is upset his dream move has been blocked.

I imagine this has been said at length before, but just to add my two céntimos worth...

Apart from the other obvious plusses (3 points, character, clean sheet, Harry's goal...), one of the big positives from this game was Doherty having by far his best match for us so far, capped with a gem of an assist.

Like most I've been definitely underwhelmed with his performances so far, so it's great to see him getting the plaudits. Here's hoping he can build on it now

Last edited:
The new owners did not want to sell him.
8/8/18

Jack Grealish is ‘disappointed and disillusioned’ after Aston Villa decided not to sell him to Tottenham, according to reports.

It is understood Spurs launched a £25m bid for the midfielder on Wednesday night but Villa do not intend to lose their star man in this transfer window.

Grealish was told he could leave the club before their new owners arrived and is upset his dream move has been blocked.

Yes but if we had put the same bid in 24 hours earlier he would be a spurs player Levy waited until the last second to drive the price down and it backfired unfortunately

Whinging even though Liverpool & City had the longest break of all the EPL teams that played in Europe.... Last year it was "wah, the club WC"..... The year before he blatantly threw the domestic cups......

Fuck Klopp; he's just using our predicament to prop up his own cause..... Same as Fat Frank only to have already voiced a "Sod Spurs; they have a squad" rhetoric when it suited him a matter of weeks before (when we were juggling EL & LC in the same week) .

Yes but if we had put the same bid in 24 hours earlier he would be a spurs player Levy waited until the last second to drive the price down and it backfired unfortunately
That isn't what happened. The previous owners wanted to sell Grealish and Levy had a bid accepted.
But the new owners made it a condition that they would not buy the club unless Grealish stayed.
Levy upped the bid but they didn't budge.

I imagine this has been said at length before, but just to add my two céntimos worth...

Apart from the other obvious plusses (3 points, character, clean sheet, Harry's goal...), one of the big positives from this game was Doherty having by far his best match for us so far, capped with a gem of an assist.

Like most I've been definitely underwhelmed with his performances so far, so it's great to see him getting the plaudits. Here's hoping he can build on it now
Agreed and plenty of time yet for him to fit in

Nope that's just incorrect ... we tabled a bid well before the new owners took over but the old owners were told that selling Grealish would scupper any deal ... you are plain wrong with your assessment.

Who do you drop him for? Jose won’t play a midfield 3 of Ndombele , GLC and Hjojberg so far as he like to have a bit of muscle in midfield in Sissoko alongside Hjojberg , however if we signed him when we had the chance he could have taken Eriksens place ?
The sissoko muscle was always a myth..now looks even more obvious that he is like having a cone in the midfield to just bounce the ball off of

That isn't what happened. The previous owners wanted to sell Grealish and Levy had a bid accepted.
But the new owners made it a condition that they would not buy the club unless Grealish stayed.
Levy upped the bid but they didn't budge.

That price was there from the start of the transfer window and well before there was talk of new owners

Levy played hard ball thinking Villa where desperate (they where tbf) talk of new owners proves to be true and that was a condition of there's. But maybe the 24 hours thing isn't true but he could and really should have signed at the start of the window instead of waiting around

The sissoko muscle was always a myth..now looks even more obvious that he is like having a cone in the midfield to just bounce the ball off of
Yet he still gets picked to play , so obviously Jose sees something in him otherwise we would be starting GLC instead? So where would Jack fit in ?

Yet he still gets picked to play , so obviously Jose sees something in him otherwise we would be starting GLC instead? So where would Jack fit in ?
GLC is just being protected because an injury to both him and ndombele simultaneously would torpedo the season for Spurs...if Mourinho had someone of the quality of Grealish onthe bench he would certainly start him

Sissoko does nothing defensively and nothing in terms of attacking build-up play.. Mourinho is just stuck with him as the other alternative Winks is nothing better,the old mourinho would have thrown him to the wolves like he did with Luke Shaw at ManU

GLC is just being protected because an injury to both him and ndombele simultaneously would torpedo the season for Spurs...if Mourinho had someone of the quality of Grealish onthe bench he would certainly start him

Sissoko does nothing defensively and nothing in terms of attacking build-up play.. Mourinho is just stuck with him as the other alternative Winks is nothing better,the old mourinho would have thrown him to the wolves like he did with Luke Shaw at ManU
So where does Jack start with everyone fit?
Son, Bale , Kane , Ndombele , Hjojberg and GLC
I don’t see him starting over any of the above ?

That price was there from the start of the transfer window and well before there was talk of new owners

Levy played hard ball thinking Villa where desperate (they where tbf) talk of new owners proves to be true and that was a condition of there's. But maybe the 24 hours thing isn't true but he could and really should have signed at the start of the window instead of waiting around
If only Levy had been prescient enough to scout the primary school Grealish went to, we’d have got him for nothing. Bargain. Fuck Levy.

Back
Top Bottom