We Are Spurs, Not Bale Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
As Sam Allardyce faced the post match Sky Sports questions, the words: “We were beaten by Bale” slipped from his mouth. The West Ham boss had just seen his team lose 3-2 at home thanks to Gareth Bale’s two wonderful strikes sandwiching a Glyfi Sigurdsson bundled goal. Last night whilst basking in the Glory of Bale I failed to register this sly dig by Big Sam, but in the cold light of day I have started to ponder this. Are [...]

Continue reading...

We should play Bale vs Woolwich on Sunday, for the crack. He'll probably do em though, and we'll have an even harder time convincing everyone that we are not total shite without him :avbshock:

Honestly I think the more people believe we are shite without Bale, the better. If a Premier League manager can't see the impact Dembele, Lennon, etc have on a game because all they can see is Bale's goals, they're incompetent.

Of course not having him in the side would make a very big difference but focusing solely on nullifying Bale would cause them problems.

We actually two world class players in our team, so it would be quite surprising indeed if we were a one-man team.

And I hope the OP now realises we're not in a slump, nor are we 'collapsing again' to quote a recent article of his. (or hers of course, I know not the author personally).:thumbup:

We are playing phenomenally well, despite continuing to pick up injuries and facing a tough run.

Last night we had 5 players out including 2 of our only three strikers, and thus had to play our most ineffective striker (currently)

I don't think any of the media have picked up on this, though they kept on boo hooing on the commentaries I've listened to because West Ham had Noble out, and then Nolan got injured. At that stage together with Tomkins their squad only had 3 injuries.

Yep, that's less than us, but you would have been hard pressed to find that info.

It's all a bit of a nonesense isn't it. I have just read a great article on this very subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tar-of-any-team-bar-real-madrid-and-barcelona

The crux of the issue is, the cream rises to the top, even if the milk is sour...

2013-2-Goalscorer-Points_original.jpg

How much did Newcastle reply on Ba's goals in the first half of the season? Yet with players like Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cisse and Cabaye, you would never in a million years call them a one man team.

The only reason we are being called a one man team is because Bale has flourised whilst others have dipped in form. Vertongen was being called the signing of the summer by a lot of columnists a few months ago, dito Dembele.

Basically, a little dip in form from a few, coupled by Defoe's injury and Ade's complete absence of useful input (thought he played alright on Monday though) has polarised this view of Bale... Not that they're wrong, the kid is dynamite and we'd be fucked without him :bentley: :adegrin2:

Back
Top Bottom