We beat the scum ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been saying this after almost every game since the restart, but there are definitely clear signs that the Mourinhofication of Spurs is in evidence.

We've now not allowed our XG to go over 1.77 in the six games since we got back, and that was the ManU game, where it was 0.95 until a soft penalty was given away. Even the Sheff Utd they managed to score three goals from an X/G of 1.6. Woolwich's X/G today was 0.69, in the reverse fixture it was 1.93.

What does all this numberwang mean. I think we are definitely starting to look more cohesive without the ball. It's not pretty, it's not "progressive", it's mostly predictable Mourinho-medium/deep block stuff, but at least he's now delivering what we kind of expected was on the can, which is some coherent structure. I think this game even had the periodisation traits of a Mourinho team, start quite strong(ish), settle in, then shell and counter. Either that or it was just a team fucked

At least Moura and Sissoko were pushed out to wide remits today, which suits both of them much better, particularly Moura. We played a 442 default, that became a 433 whenever we were in possession on Moura's side. Now I'm definitely not one of the Brazilian Lennon's biggest fans, but I think he put in a shift today, and that was possibly one of his best turn outs in a Spurs shirt. He set up Kane with lovely passes in both halves, and the second one led to our winning goal, via the corner the resulted. He generally worked his arse off (I don't think I've ever seen a Spurs player make 10 tackles in a single game?).

Last edited:
At least Moura and Sissoko were pushed out to wide remits today, which suits both of them much better, particularly Moura. We played a 442 default, that became a 433 whenever we were in possession on Moura's side. Now I'm definitely not one of the Brazilian Lennon's biggest fans, but I think he put in a shift today, and that was possibly one of his best turn outs in a Spurs shirt. He set up Kane with lovely passes in both halves, and the second one led to our winning goal, via the corner the resulted. He generally worked his arse off (I don't think I've ever seen a Spurs player make 10 tackles in a single game?).

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom