We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got more joy, more excitement, goosebumps and felt more proud of this win than I did when we beat Chelsea in the League Cup 12 years ago.

Memories of that match will bring a smile to my face for the rest of my life.
Of course, because we subsequently lost the final, we (the club and the fans) are 'losers' and the whole season was a waste of time. 🙄
My heart goes out to all those who think football is about trophies, that it's the be-all and end-all, without them there is no point at all. It must be difficult for them in these difficult times.

6c0e9dcc699228e84326b84535e9497a--condolences-card-sympathy-messages.jpg

AcclaimedDigitalAidi-size_restricted.gif

My heart goes out to all those who think football is about trophies, that it's the be-all and end-all, without them there is no point at all. It must be difficult for them in these difficult times.

6c0e9dcc699228e84326b84535e9497a--condolences-card-sympathy-messages.jpg

AcclaimedDigitalAidi-size_restricted.gif

I agree 100%, but I’m still fucked off as to how we didn’t turn up in the final. That undermines the Ajax game for me now. The weeks up the the final though it was amazing be a spurs fan. I’d never felt better about us.

It was some night and I don’t think I’ve ever felt such split second elation as I did when the winner went in.

In true Spurs fashion though after what should have been a breakthrough win and the catalyst to win the final, it’s been a complete and utter clusterfuck for the entire year since.

Still gives me a high that no drug ever could. Such a shame we were fucking shite in the final. Further down the line I'm certain there will be a book written about those months between Christmas and the final. I honestly think the players got us to that final as I think Poch had given up or his head wasn't there. Talking in riddles etc. The months following it is evidence enough if you ask me. Just an opinion though

Back
Top Bottom