We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we could be heroes ,
this could be the greatest ever .
Positives Son upfront , Liorente on bench , no stupid back 3 surrendering midfield.
A tall task but a real chance .
It's time to make history.

They won't know how to approach this game. Sit back and defend their lead, or push for another and leave themselves open. This should help us. Even if they play the same as they did on Tuesday, we've got Son to get behind their defence now.

If we go 4 at the back, with Sissoko in midfield, and Son and Lucas up top, I think we'll control the game. Keep Nando on the bench in case we need to throw long balls at them with 20 minutes to go. As long as Sonny's still there, Lorente can knock balls down for him, but I'd rather that was our plan B

Boss
RB / Toby / Jan(*) / LB
Dier / Sissoko
Son / CE / Lucas
Dele

(FBs: Much of a muchness)

I'll think they'll throw the kitchen sink at us in the first 20 minutes and feel they will definitely score at least once during the game , I think we showed them to be a little naive during the first leg and hopefully we will make out experience show.
They may not go kitchen sink tactics from the first whistle, but they certainly won’t batten down the hatches, and that may just be their naivety right there......that will suit us and as long as we are clinical we got this!!
If any players needs motivation for this then they shouldn’t be playing football, every single one of these players may never play in another CL semi final again, hell Messi may never play in another semi final again, and that must be drilled into our players, give it everything, leave nothing behind as you may never experience this again in your entire life....COYS

--------------------------Lloris----------------------
-----Alderweireld---Sanchez---Vertonghen---
Aurier---------Sissoko--------Dier-----------Rose
-------------------------Eriksen-----------------------
------------------Dele----------Son-------------------

Lucas and Llorente making our attacking options from the bench a little better.

Huge games needed from Chris, Dele and Sonny.

Back 3 is suicide, we already saw that in the first game. We have to try and control the middle, if we give up on that battle again then we are already out. Ajax didn’t play with a striker so it was utterly pointless to play 3 central defenders. We don’t have prime Dembele/Wanyama in midfield and that’s the only time that formation worked properly, we have to match their numbers in midfield and make it a battle.

For the first half hour we let them have midfield and they pissed on us. No way Poch will make the same mistake again, even if it means playing Skipp.

Why has nobody suggested that Janssen should start yet? :sonhmm:

Because he’s not eligible for CL matches.

Ajax are not as good as the media keeps ramming down our throats. They could only score once against a knackered, injury-ridden and Son-less Spurs, playing well below what they're capable of.

With key men coming back in and more than a day's rest this time around, we will batter them.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The one I fear most of all at Ajax is their coach. Ten Hag is quite brilliant in his coaching and tactical game. He saw his team was struggling a bit when we became physical and got Mazraoui in there for Schone. Eriksen was becoming our most dangerous man and he solved that issue by letting Eriksen chase Mazraoui. That makes me think we should let Son play in a different way too. On the righthand side they have Neres who isn't defending much, unlike Ziyech. That leaves their left wingback against Trippier and Son.

Ajax are not as good as the media keeps ramming down our throats. They could only score once against a knackered, injury-ridden and Son-less Spurs, playing well below what they're capable of.

With key man coming back in and more than a day's rest this time around, we will batter them.

giphy.gif
I don't think Ajax played their best football against us, other than that first 30 minutes. If they reach their level against Juventus and Madrid, Spurs might have a problem. Son isn't Messi or Ronaldo.

Back
Top Bottom