We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Win or lose, I just wanna see our players fight today and end the game on their knees. 100% from the team is all we ask, and hopefully that'll get us through. COYS

I’m pretty sure they all have those sound-defending headphones as standard anyway so I doubt it made much difference but still. . . That’s a bit shit, Ajax were in old street in a hotel across the street from my work, I saw the coaching staff, shook some hands and wished them good luck. Maybe I’m just old school.

I’m pretty sure they all have those sound-defending headphones as standard anyway so I doubt it made much difference but still. . . That’s a bit shit, Ajax were in old street in a hotel across the street from my work, I saw the coaching staff, shook some hands and wished them good luck. Maybe I’m just old school.
Wish there were more like you. But keep in mind those who light the fireworks are only a handful. Most Ajax supporters loathe these kind of wankers.

Agreed. It's pathetic behaviour from their fans. If their team are so good, why the need for it, eh??

I wonder how many fans would have turned out if the game was being televised on screens in the new stadium.

Edit - Is this my dumbest post yet? Is it being screened there and I just wasn't aware of it? ffs what's going on?

Last edited:
Morning all!

Long day ahead waiting for this but I'm confident we'll do it. Not just cos we're Spurs and we're owed it. Not just cos we're due a performance. Not just cos Poch, Levy and the players of the last 5 years have transformed the club I love and deserve some recognition from the world of football.

But now, because of last night, we owe it to the world.

Will Ajax beat the Dippers in a one off game? Of course they won't. A performance like last night's is something that Ajax never face and they will have no answer.

We're the only ones standing between Armageddon (and Citeh Sunday I guess). We're the only ones that can stop the evil.

I never wanna hear 'We won it sssiiiixxx times la'.

I want Spurs to be in the Champions League final.

I want Sissoko to be a Champions League winner.

I want to watch the movie ending with Sissoko becoming a Champions League winner.

But mostly...and I can't stress this enough...I want a star above my proud erect cock.

I'll leave u with this...COYMFS!!

Dier/Wanyama is the concern! They both look gassed after 10 mins running around! Their passing is poor and they love a risky tackle. It’s a weak area for us along with rb.

All I ask is that we give nothing away and leave nothing on the pitch.

Watching painfully last night if there was one thing I wish we showed more of, it would be the intensity of the Liverpool players. It was astonishing from every single one of them.

In fact Klopp was the least animated I can remember as though in 'Green Mile' style he had passed on his emotive energy.

So lets be strong, physically and mentally.

Back
Top Bottom