We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This football team is making me an emotional mess.
Thought I would watch that BT sport unfiltered 10 min vid late last night. First time I’ve watched it since Thursday AM. So I’ve seen it before.

When it got to the bit with Poch being interviewed find myself in tears.

Hadn’t even been drinking since I got totally ruined on Wednesday night.

Fucking love this club.
That video is the gift that keeps giving! I've watched it now at least 15 times and done some fairly brutal editing on it to put a variety of music to it - and still every time the tears appear.
It doesn't matter what music I put to it the results always the same. I swear I could put a George Formby track on and it would be just the same! (for the youngsters, Google 'Leaning on a Lampost' - he was the 50's version of Ed Sheerhan).
Anyway try this for size. It's the second half and post match only (if you really want to watch the Ajax half - its out there somewhere), edited down a bit and with one of the greatest ballads ever sung. If you can't be arsed to watch it all, click in at about 2 minutes.

RAWK again:

“No matter what happens, our opponents will be not just first timers, but first timers with the added ‘what a dream to even be here’ factor that we had last season. They will have a certain freedom because of that. They will have nothing to lose.

So how do we take a team with nothing to lose, and make sure that they lose everything, nonetheless?

We become that bastard, stubborn, resolute and impossible to breach Liverpool that’s been so dominant this season. We spoil, we ruin, we let them expend their energy. We understand that the longer the game remains even, the more likely we are to win it. We understand that the more they come at us, the more likely they are to be open at the back. We realise that teams are often at their most vulnerable when they’re at their most positive – a counter attack, a cool finish, a ‘first chance of the night against the run of play’ taken, and reality comes crashing in on the power of hope and dream.

And then, if they have any fight left in them, we take the sting out of the game. We keep possession when necessary. Take the ball when necessary. Defend deep when necessary. Foul the young ingenue out of the game when necessary. We do whatever is necessary. And when our opponent pauses, in the flurry of his youthful intensity, that’s when we plunge our hidden knife deep, deep, deep into a heart that was just not broken enough to fight men like us.

And our hand of death, in twisting the knife, will show every bit of the hard-won skill and ability which lies behind our ruthlessness.

The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”

We do that not because we are cruel – but because this is not a game to us. This is not a beautiful journey. This is who we are. This is what we do.

This is our destiny.

Dreams are beautiful. Dreams give you wings.

But destiny is the sun.

And the sun is red.”

What is wrong with these cunts? Seriously. And they don’t understand why every single fan in England hates them? They’re demented. And their hubris is going to bite them on their fat, shit poetry, GOT, arrogant arses. Simply the most disgusting fan base out there. They haven’t been champions for 30 years. Who the fuck are they? Christ they’ve finished behind us 8 out 10 seasons in the league. My word, who do they think they are? And what Spurs’ fan would commit the vomit above to the internet? Jesus Christ. Are they all on spice and white lightening?

Spirit of Shankly my arse. He’d be ashamed of their fans today.

If I were them I'd be more concerned that their manager has lost three major european finals on the bounce than who the opposition are.

Wasn’t a random disagree. I disagreed with your post. Thought the disagree button was there for that precise reason. However, if all you want is a cunt off with a fellow supporter, I’m fine with that too.

The one thing that’s boiled my piss about this result is the very first thing a number of posters did was come on here giving it the high and mighty. “I thought we’d win so I’m a better fan than you”. Couldn’t just enjoy the result without having a dig at your fellow Yids.

Fucking self satisfied cunts that can’t accept others act differently to themselves. And you appear to be the main one. Feel free to get fucked and don’t even consider telling me or anyone else how to support their football team. I’ve been doing it for almost forty years. I know what I’m doing.

I’ll do you the same courtesy and not take the piss when you tell us all we are world beaters when we are three nil down.

A disagree with a comment is the height of forum etiquette imo. If you bothered reading what you'd disagreed with and, importantly, the whole conversation you would see that my point was, consistently, that I have absolutely no problem with melting at the final whistle and being upset at a performance or a result but I wholly disagree with cunts like nigel3605 or whatever his name is, who vociferously melt at the slightest negative thing and make sure everyone knows how shit they think the team is...it's tiresome, reactionary and fucking stupid.

Ps please find me a post where I said we were world beaters at 3 nil down as you claim...I always keep the faith because as Wednesday night showed us, it ain't over till it's over.

:dembelefingers:

That video is the gift that keeps giving! I've watched it now at least 15 times and done some fairly brutal editing on it to put a variety of music to it - and still every time the tears appear.
It doesn't matter what music I put to it the results always the same. I swear I could put a George Formby track on and it would be just the same! (for the youngsters, Google 'Leaning on a Lampost' - he was the 50's version of Ed Sheerhan).
Anyway try this for size. It's the second half and post match only (if you really want to watch the Ajax half - its out there somewhere), edited down a bit and with one of the greatest ballads ever sung. If you can't be arsed to watch it all, click in at about 2 minutes.

[/QUOTE

Mate, I fucking loved that. I have loved Tottenham for 51 years an will until the day I drop dead.

That didn’t happen. What happened was a number of posters came on to post how annoying it was to have to listen to a bunch of whining cunts slaughtering our team, simply because it made them feel better.

And yes, it does make them better fans than you. You think all fans are the same? They’re not. Some are delightful individuals and some are just plain toxic waste.

Exactly this pipes the fucking whining and moaning of some entitled plastic fans boils my piss...as I have said I'm fine with a moan and an analysis of a poor result but the 'we're shit, levy out, Poch out cunts' that started out after the first 5 minutes on Wednesday are cunts of the highest order...as a fan of 40 years I'd have thought you understood this.

I'm gone again - what are you guys trying to do to me!

THANK YOU

It's brilliant mate, well done. Got me welling up again :pochcry:

Exactly this pipes the fucking whining and moaning of some entitled plastic fans boils my piss...as I have said I'm fine with a moan and an analysis of a poor result but the 'we're shit, levy out, Poch out cunts' that started out after the first 5 minutes on Wednesday are cunts of the highest order...as a fan of 40 years I'd have thought you understood this.
Shut the fuck up you moaning cunt. You obviously don’t agree with me, I don’t agree with you, so why continually tag me in your posts? Fucking leave it alone, for fuck sake.

This video is so good.

- Ajax player crying on the floor
- Everyone acknowledging Lucas
- Kane coming out of nowhere
- Wanyama just hobbling across the screen
- Skipp looking like a lost 18 year old having no idea how to celebrate
- Sissoko breaking Kanes ribs with a bear hug
- The absolute roar of our fans
- Jesus and Poch hugging the shit out of Lucas
- Poch and Lloris having a forceful loving
- Sissoko knocking on Lucas' shiny head

Love every second of it
Jesus jumping on Lloris....

The meaningless upmanship of the "perfect fan " by some is rather retarded bigotry.
We all cock up , emotions fuck us ,
morale , intellectual superiority is for the playground.
To forgive is the better man.
This could be the greatest day in our history, never have we been in such a position. Never mind the bollocks Olympus could be ours .

The meaningless upmanship of the "perfect fan " by some is rather retarded bigotry.
This could be the greatest day in our history, never have we been in such a position. Never mind the bollocks Olympus could be ours .
Awesome post. I can’t understand that the first reaction of some on here was to berate their fellow Yids for being negative on a forum, like it makes a difference. Why not keep the arguing and fighting for Scousers, Gooners, etc?

People react in so many different ways, surely we know this and can excuse it when it comes to our own?

Shut the fuck up you moaning cunt. You obviously don’t agree with me, I don’t agree with you, so why continually tag me in your posts? Fucking leave it alone, for fuck sake.

Touché! What a stunning comeback which exemplifies your attitude and personality disorders in one easy post. Love the irony that when I disagree with you and explain it, you resort to swearing and insults rather than engaging with the discussion! Genius work my friend

I've only got two people on ignore. You are one, the other just posts meaningless images of tabloids. You have never written anything positive about this club and you do not deserve to enjoy any of this. Your opinions of this club are worthless. I won't be clicking "show ignored content" again.

Awesome post. I can’t understand that the first reaction of some on here was to berate their fellow Yids for being negative on a forum, like it makes a difference. Why not keep the arguing and fighting for Scousers, Gooners, etc?

People react in so many different ways, surely we know this and can excuse it when it comes to our own?

Why melt in such a vociferous fashion...surely a fan of 40 years by now knows exactly what it's like to be a spurs fan...such overreaction has no place here...that's my opinion

I've only got two people on ignore. You are one, the other just posts meaningless images of tabloids. You have never written anything positive about this club and you do not deserve to enjoy any of this. Your opinions of this club are worthless. I won't be clicking "show ignored content" again.

Why ignore someone then look at their posts then? I loved @fidelcastro post...thought it was articulate and well written.

Last edited:
Touché! What a stunning comeback which exemplifies your attitude and personality disorders in one easy post. Love the irony that when I disagree with you and explain it, you resort to swearing and insults rather than engaging with the discussion! Genius work my friend
pipes gotta love a random disagree...he's a melt and it's fucking tiresome...so wind your fucking neck in and have the cojones to say why you disagree....cockwomble
pipes
pps bravo for the I'm a better fan than you because I've been a fan for forty years and know what I'm doing.
Patronising much? Twat

Fighting fire with fire. I pressed a button, you demanded I wind my fucking neck in and called me a cockwomble. On very shaky superior high ground here my man.

You’re correct that we’ve both made our points though. And we’ll not agree. Let’s just leave it there yeah? We’ve a final to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom