We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it depends on what's said. There's some of us that just use the match forum a bit like an extension of if we were there with our mates, we comment on the selection, the formation, what's happening, who's playing well, who isn't, grumbling about the odd mistake etc and but saying "well played, great pass, what a move" etc as well.

I really don't get the issue with this at all. I don't agree with everything people are saying, but I'd rather argue it with them, rather than tell them they don't have a right to say anything negative (or positive).

And there some that do come out with, what I think is daft, the "fucking bottlers" "typical Spursy" "I fucking hate these fucking bottlers" etc I don't ever say shit like this myself, but again, I'll either point out why I disagree or just ignore it and treat it for what it is, people just venting frustration because ultimately it means a lot to them. I know that ultimately it comes from their equally irrational love for this club. And I know it makes absolutely no difference.

I also think watching at home is much harder and more frustrating than watching live, I don't know about everyone else, but I find watching at home on TV so much more stressful than when your there and there's so much more going on, you can shout and chatter away to your mates, have a laugh, take the piss together it just relieves some of that tension you feel at home - maybe because you feel like in some tiny little way when you are there you are part of what's happening, you can in some small way effect it, at home you just feel powerless, with no outlet. I dunno?

I don’t particularly agree with you BC but you do debate properly with people

Really hope we win this game, had a mental dream that Lucas scored a hat trick in the 2 nd half after going 2 nil down, and after that I went on a 3 day bender! :nawty:

The more I watch that last goal, the more I realise how much of it WASN’T luck. It was all so deliberate and controlled.

Davies controlled tackle and pass to Son
The well placed long ball to Llorente from Sissoko
Llorente’s glance to the left to see where Dele was before controlling the ball to him with his thigh
Dele’s split second pause, and then the little flick through to Lucas
And then the cleanly struck pass into the bottom corner.

I’ll never tire of watching it.

What I am saying is, people love the club and those kind of reactions come from them because they feel hurt, that's the passion coming out of them.

It might not be nice and it might be misplaced at times but it comes from a place of love for the club because they feel like these players are capable of more.

Know exactly what you mean. I was watching in the pub.

Some of the shit that came out of my mouth when things weren’t going our way was ridiculous. Others too.

But when we scored .... absolute carnage, tears, the lot. All because of my love for Spurs, regardless of what I’d said twenty minutes previous lol

Watching back now, I realise how well we played, but at the time it didn’t seem that way.

I put that all down to passion, personally. Oh, and beer!

I'll save you the trouble with this one as it's not very good (go to 8:25) but I'm posting it so you can see just the number of Spurs fans that were in the home sections. It was like this in Barca (and at the San Siro in 2012). This has got to do with UEFA, hasn't it?

The more I watch that last goal, the more I realise how much of it WASN’T luck. It was all so deliberate and controlled.

Davies controlled tackle and pass to Son
The well placed long ball to Llorente from Sissoko
Llorente’s glance to the left to see where Dele was before controlling the ball to him with his thigh
Dele’s split second pause, and then the little flick through to Lucas
And then the cleanly struck pass into the bottom corner.

I’ll never tire of watching it.

Lucas for the second was fucking awesome too..... In fact 3 sweet goals in different ways.

I still can’t figure out how he got the ball through the defenders legs.

Reminds me of when Samuel L Jackson had his divine intervention moment in Pulp Fiction.

Time seemed to stand still around him... Was a little bit Matrix I thought! :)

That video is the gift that keeps giving! I've watched it now at least 15 times and done some fairly brutal editing on it to put a variety of music to it - and still every time the tears appear.
It doesn't matter what music I put to it the results always the same. I swear I could put a George Formby track on and it would be just the same! (for the youngsters, Google 'Leaning on a Lampost' - he was the 50's version of Ed Sheerhan).
Anyway try this for size. It's the second half and post match only (if you really want to watch the Ajax half - its out there somewhere), edited down a bit and with one of the greatest ballads ever sung. If you can't be arsed to watch it all, click in at about 2 minutes.

That's absolutely fab!! Well done!

Exactly. No way in a million years could I see us getting through, especially as I was following the game on the forum, but I didn't feel that sharing my misery and angst with everyone was the way to go. Why make things ten times worse? You all know my motto - if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all :)
Well said Mrs P.
We have all had our ups and downs supporting Spurs, hopefully we can all learn a lesson from Wed night and support our team until the end beacuse you never know what might happen.
End of argument as it not getting us anywhere. We should be enjoying the moment as it might not happen again.

Back
Top Bottom