We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mauricio and the players need to do what I did today - watch the second half of this game again. Then they can tell me if that doesn't inspire them to give more for this Club than they have so far this season.

Gonna sound like a bitter cunt but the situation in footballing terms only is *almost* better than watching our current season peter out to fuck all.

I can't watch dude . That final sucked any joy out of the champs run in. It took me 4 days to get to Madrid and the pain ain't going away.
After we reached the final I spent every day watching mouras hatrick right up until the final.
But after the no show from the team and management I have neither watched the semi final or final again, it was a tough loss to take even though as fans of spurs we are used to constant failure, in fact I will never watch any of it again because it simply means nothing now.

I can still enjoy watching the semi but it's not pure joy like it was before the final, now it's joy and pain in equal measure. I see the emotion from the team when Lucas puts us through and ask myself how the same players could show nothing in the actual final. I guess the occasion was just too much for them to deal with.

The greatest away day ever. Couldn’t be beaten. The scenes in our end and with the players afterwards will live with me forever, much like the 1991 semi final aftermath. Crazy brilliant beautiful feelings. And it meant that I got to watch my club in a CL final.

I enjoyed seeing Noel Gallagher at the Palladium the night after smack in the middle of the front row wearing a Spurs shirt.
Called me out first opportunity he spoke and ranted for a couple of minutes. Made my life.
Weirdest thing was some random teacher from Slough on Twitter a couple of days after pretending it was him.
Er, no it wasn't mate.

I can't watch dude . That final sucked any joy out of the champs run in. It took me 4 days to get to Madrid and the pain ain't going away.

Completely agree mate. Whilst it was an amazing feeling and fantastic time when Lucas scored that winner, in the end it meant nothing because we were so fucking shite in the final and completely fluffed our lines as per usual. Liverpool were bang average and were there for the taking. With all that went on with VAR and Ajax, we really should of won that CL. We will never get a better opportunity in our lifetimes because Spurs unfortunately won’t make the cl final again. I see that Ajax game as pretty depressing now because it’s always the cup that should of been.

Completely agree mate. Whilst it was an amazing feeling and fantastic time when Lucas scored that winner, in the end it meant nothing because we were so fucking shite in the final and completely fluffed our lines as per usual. Liverpool were bang average and were there for the taking. With all that went on with VAR and Ajax, we really should of won that CL. We will never get a better opportunity in our lifetimes because Spurs unfortunately won’t make the cl final again. I see that Ajax game as pretty depressing now because it’s always the cup that should of been.
Yep once in a lifetime but at least you can say where you was when we lost a CL final 😂

you miserable cunt

Back
Top Bottom