We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rule 12

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:
  • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

No melting please, we got to the biggest final there is and whilst there were a few that didn't click tonight, things didn't drop and the momentum was stifled and just a little flat.

Those XI out there, they're us. Get behind them, show them respect and be proud. We will get there in the end and we will be glorious one day.

A huge shame but be proud, don't lose your heads or your love for them, it's been an incredible experience this season and we need to grow.

It's all a learning curve, keep smiling and keep pride with it all, even if you're hurting at the moment. Chill out we've made strides and we are worthy of where we are and where we are heading.

COYS, I love you all
Sadly they are out in force already, wallowing in their own shit.

Rule 12

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:
  • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
So which of these has he been done for?

Winks was top class, not sure why he is being lumped in.
Winks had a big moment on the wing via one of spurs best attacking chances and bottled it. Tbh winks was fine for me, but folks using harry Kane as today’s escape goat when everybody else was just as poor is infuriating

Im proud of the boys. Not a great final by any means but a bent penalty and a goal when we were chasing the game fucked us. They had 3 shots on target and one was from the spot. Fine margins.

No but you revel in the misery when its not gone well. And its always criticise. Is there anything we do that you like?

The club, it’s history, the board and the players. I would be a lot more fond of our manager if just for once he would step to the mark and actually win something with the best side we have had in a generation and not turn this into a repeat of the 87 side.

Also, as hard as this is right now, it solves the age old question of which is better, winning the League Cup or a deep CL run.

No brainer for me. I'd take this over the League Cup any day.
I think I'd take winning the Europa over CL finalist too. It's horrible losing in the final.

Fuck the haters, I’m proud that my club got to the final. Not spent a bean on players and we got there. At the start of the season you offered me what I’ve had this year I’d have snapped your arms off

The saddest part for me isn't losing, it's knowing that we have come so close yet again only to fall at the final hurdle, we just never seem to get the rub when it really matters, that's what breaks my heart about supporting this club, I love it but it just hurts far too often.

Knowing we are likely going to rebuild this team now as well is tough, that will probably set us back somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom