We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas moura should've started.......he should've started.

Of course he fucking should have , anyone with 3 footballing brain cells would agree with that.

The sub 3 footballing brain cells just try to make themselves look good by slagging others off, a repetitive ploy that has become wearying.

Since we just lost to Pool how does that Shankley quote go again if your are first your first if your second your nothing?

No one outside of spurs will remember us being runners up in a few years.

If, and a big if granted, we win the PL or CL within a few, AND then establish ourselves as being there or thereabouts for those trophies every year, I think people will. Because nomatter what any of us think about those 90 minutes, then this run in the CL would be recognised as the process that finally transformed us. The foundation. When we started believing that we can cut it at the very top end of the European football. One shitty match doesn't change that.

Why wouldn't we be able to use this as the foundation? We got out of a tough, tough group, beat the - at the time - best side from Germany, the double English champs with billions spent on it, a rampant Ajax, and were in with a shot in a strangely played final. Melt behind that and you should have a fucking look at yourself.

We let it sink in, deal with it for what it is, hopefully Levy and Poch will make some serious deals in the market, and then we go again.

But we are not getting closer are we? That last the problem the same pattern keeps on happening and yet so many think we will get a different result next time - the definition of madness. This team is going to go through a rebuild - the scope for replicating the last 5 years in terms of the players we have hard is going to be extremely difficult.
Posting utter bollocks again, are we?

No melting please, we got to the biggest final there is and whilst there were a few that didn't click tonight, things didn't drop and the momentum was stifled and just a little flat.

Those XI out there, they're us. Get behind them, show them respect and be proud. We will get there in the end and we will be glorious one day.

A huge shame but be proud, don't lose your heads or your love for them, it's been an incredible experience this season and we need to grow.

It's all a learning curve, keep smiling and keep pride with it all, even if you're hurting at the moment. Chill out we've made strides and we are worthy of where we are and where we are heading.

COYS, I love you all

Heroes 3/4 weeks ago. Now; a bunch of good for nothing bottlers...

We're drowning in fickle brats, mate.

Last edited:
I was at the game but didn’t see the fucking pen till half time, how many times have said “what’s the stupid cunt pointing at” he does it every fucking game.

I agreed with you but it was still a very soft penalty

Imagine the uproar if that had been given at the other end

D8Am4FYXYAA5jmB.jpg

Love them.

Liverpool showed how it’s done. They lose the final last year and go out and address their weaknesses and end up with near record point tally and win the the CL.

Hopefully Levy is taking note of this.

Im proud of this team, yes we lost in the final, the Champions League Final... this squad, mansger will learn, we are a young side that has over achieved this season.

We played the majority of all our home games at Wembley FFS.

This team is developing and set backs are all part of the learning and experience required to be successful.

"To dare is to do"

COYS

Great retort - up there with you’re wrong. Well done.
I'm sorry, but when you post utter bollocks, me saying that you've just posted utter bollocks is the most apt response, wouldn't you agree?

...and the 'I don't think so' posts were part of a running gag that probably eluded your excuse for a brain.

Back
Top Bottom