We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a ridiculously miserable cunt...and in the oldest internet tradition I truly wish I could just smash your cunty shite strewn face in. It might be a few more months before I cross again, but if you'll kindly drop your addy in the replies then I'll knock on your door and I promise to remove all your shitty rotten teeth from your over active gob.
Fuck you u gutless cunt...i would happily give you my address...you ain't turning up here, ever...i didn't threaten you, or anyone else and never would without real reason...not over football.... but I'm happy to deal with you ....gutless keyboard wanker...

No. But we shouldn't be congratuling ourselves over defeat either.
Other big clubs don't, why should we?
We're on our worst run of results since 2008. Let's not bury our heads in the sand and pretend it ain't happening
I don't see any 'congratulating over defeat' going on. Lots of us are proud of our club and players for getting us to a position we never expected.
When we as fans and the club are down after today's result, its not in my nature to want to wade in and kick them further, what is the point.
I feel down, distraught and disappointed after the game but I don't find it helpful to criticise as its not going to change anything right now.
Just because I don't 'put the boot in' doesn't mean I'm congratulating myself over defeat.
Yes we have had a very bad run and fell apart towards the end of the season, a mixture of players out of form, this CL final distraction and other things I'm sure. Do I expect it to be sorted over the summer with rest and new additions - yes. And I think we will come back stringer next year for it.

I'm sorry, but when you post utter bollocks, me saying that you've just posted utter bollocks is the most apt response, wouldn't you agree?

I don’t really care what you think - I suspect you are yet another shameless apologist who is proud and is absolutely sure that next year will be our year. # real fans.

A ball blasted 5 yards from a player jumping after VAR is a shitty fucking call for a penalty in a major final. Looked chest to arm at first glance for me, even if it was arm first, how the fuck is that a penalty from that range in that situation?

Most Liverpool fans who were out agreed tbh.

I was sweating tits doing fuck all in the garden earlier so it must have been a mission for both sides to play in that humidity. I recollect Christian gross and his underground ticket and think how good we have it now regardless of the result today. Some people here need to give their head a wobble

Never posted before, but will just say I've never loved the club more. It's a shame we couldn't show the world the Tottenham way given the early penalty, but there's no better club to support. I truly believe that.

Gutted but what an experience being in Tottenham and at the Lane for the Final. Could only have dreamt of this in the 90’s as a teenager
#YidArmy

Plus finishing second when it was there for the taking and spurs attack couldn’t even get a shot on Allison makes it that much worse. Today should not be celebrated on any level
Well said. The nauseating self congratulations in defeat is unbelievable.
Its like we're some plucky non league club that's just been knocked out the FA cup in the fifth round.
In reality we've finished the season in horrendous form and serious questions need to be asked going forward.

If, and a big if granted, we win the PL or CL within a few, AND then establish ourselves as being there or thereabouts for those trophies every year, I think people will. Because nomatter what any of us think about those 90 minutes, then this run in the CL would be recognised as the process that finally transformed us. The foundation. When we started believing that we can cut it at the very top end of the European football. One shitty match doesn't change that.

Why wouldn't we be able to use this as the foundation? We got out of a tough, tough group, beat the - at the time - best side from Germany, the double English champs with billions spent on it, a rampant Ajax, and were in with a shot in a strangely played final. Melt behind that and you should have a fucking look at yourself.

We let it sink in, deal with it for what it is, hopefully Levy and Poch will make some serious deals in the market, and then we go again.
I understand your point but I imagine similar things were said when we lost the league cup final or the Fa cup semi-final and so on and- you get the point.

My fear is that the project will never stop being built and therefore will never reach a conclusion.
Like the penrose stairs just when you think you've reached the top you start from the bottom again and again.

giphy.gif

And again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

I'm so proud of our boys... as far as I'm concerned there was a bullshit penalty call which made us change our game... and a very unfortunate late goal when we were absolutely dominating... no shame at all. COYS we can hold our head high... Alison had a great second half which kept us out... these things happen. HEROES !!! MADRID 2019

The only way forward after this is to buy armless defenders. This is what FIFA/UEFA wanted and they got the final they deserved. We need to adapt our tactics to try and hit the ball off opponent's chest/heads/feet so it deflects on to their arms. This is the way to win football matches now.

The price of armless defenders is gonna go shooting through the roof now. We've got to get in there quick before all the best ones go.

Wether people will still want to watch a spectacle of "try and get a handball decision-ball" is another matter.
Does Jamie lannister count?

I don’t really care what you think - I suspect you are yet another shameless apologist who is proud and is absolutely sure that next year will be our year. # real fans.
Posting utter bollocks again, are we? You're not a Spurs fan, you're a nutjob.

Back
Top Bottom