We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I ain't trawling through any of this thread.
I'm sure that the usual suspects are being as cunty as usual. The know nothing know it alls whining about horseshit.

I am proud of this team. I am proud of this club . From top to fucking bottom.i am proud of those that went to madrid, with or without a ticket. The 50 odd thousand that paid to watch the game on telly at white Hart lane. What a fucking atmosphere there was .
The people still singing as I typed this on the train.

The usual suspects need to take a good look in a mirror, or they can fuck off, far as I'm concerned. I'm fucking proud.

Im proud we got to the final. I get that.
It's a minor miracle from Poch and the players.

But not spending a bean on players. That's nothing to be proud of. Not when the club records an unprecedented profit statement.

We need to face up to reality. We ain't getting this close again without a major shift in the philosophy of the owners. Poch needs serious backing and we need to start acting like the big club we are. Not some pennyless paupers punching above their weight.

This summer is a pivotal moment in our history
It is a strange tactic. Deliberately handicapping yourself & Then saying "we did well despite the self inflicted handicap".

Im proud we got to the final. I get that.
It's a minor miracle from Poch and the players.

But not spending a bean on players. That's nothing to be proud of. Not when the club records an unprecedented profit statement.

We need to face up to reality. We ain't getting this close again without a major shift in the philosophy of the owners. Poch needs serious backing and we need to start acting like the big club we are. Not some pennyless paupers punching above their weight.

This summer is a pivotal moment in our history

Hands up those who saw this shit coming with the result!!!

How and why should your opinion that "We ain't getting this close again without a major shift in the philosophy of the owners" by taken seriously, when - best as I can tell - at least 90% of your Spurs-related posts here have been along the lines of we're never getting close to a major trophy without big spending/a major shift in philosophy? When, fuck me what do you know, its just a few hours ago that we were fucking close.

It should be clear to everyone that we need to spend this summer. Preferably big or big-ish, but a major shift in thinking. Please. It's not in line with the ethos of the squad that we've built and the mentality of the manager.

Well that is not the result we wanted. I can't say we were really outplayed, I thought it was quite evenly balanced and Alison made some great saves. Did think Trippier was pretty shit... Was hoping he'd come off when he came up holding his hamstring.

Ended up watching in a bottle shop with about 2 dozen Liverpool supporters and a City supporter.

Amazingly, they were well behaved and gracious winners.

Not going to melt or rant, but the penalty within the first minute of the game changed everything.

Tactics out of the window. Personally felt it was a very controversial decision and was rather shocked by the fact that the referee didn't even consider a VAR review.

Even though I personally don't think it was a penalty it is undeniably bad luck.

Wouldn't have been as disappointed if Liverpool actually played well, but they were well and truly trash on the night and there for the taking. Totally undeserved win and that's what pains me.

I can't believe people are thick enough to not make the difference between this Champions League CAMPAIGN and this Champions League FINAL. Noone liked how we played tonight, but if you're telling me, that I can't be proud of my club because they lost a FINAL, and all the other matches are multiplied by 0, then you deserve to fuck right off and start supporting Woolwich... Which I'm pretty sure some people here do, and just hide behind a keyboard...

I’m sick of this learning curve but c’est la vie. Last year Juve was a sickner this time round it was against this horrible lot.
All down to experience I know we’ll be better for this but right now I’m in pure hate mode

I watched the whole game with the family and didn't look online until after. I'm wondering if I saw a different match.
This thread, Twitter, Facebook etc are full of people slating the players, saying it was a disgusting performance, bottlers etc.

I'm truly amazed. I thought we made a huge number of chances, made Liverpool look very ordinary, played right through them multiple times But for some poor finishing (e.g. Sissoko & Eriksen into row Z) and VVD and Alisson putting in several vital blocks and stops we would've had at least 2. Yes Liverpool had chances too, but they are a lethal team and we were never keeping a clean sheet against them.

I'm devastated we lost but I can't fault the effort at all.

Really? Have you seen a worse penalty decision? 1 minute into a European final? No VAR review? This one was fixed up against us - zero doubt.

Thing I can't get myhead round was that foul on Rose in the 2nd half that wasn't given in the name of an advantage... What advantage? .....We didn't have another player within 10 yards of the fucking ball, FFS!!!!

Fuck you u gutless cunt...i would happily give you my address...you ain't turning up here, ever...i didn't threaten you, or anyone else and never would without real reason...not over football.... but I'm happy to deal with you ....gutless keyboard wanker...
Looooool just post your addy you shite cunt. And come may 2020 when you haven't had your shite brain smashed in you cab claim I was a cunt.

A ball blasted 5 yards from a player jumping after VAR is a shitty fucking call for a penalty in a major final. Looked chest to arm at first glance for me, even if it was arm first, how the fuck is that a penalty from that range in that situation?

Most Liverpool fans who were out agreed tbh.

It was definitely chest first deflected on to upper arm. That's not in dispute. That's never been a penalty in football, ever. It's like an inside edge ruling out lbw. The rules of football haven't literally just been rewritten and what's ridiculous is every ref turned pundit trying to justify it. A ball that deflects off another player into someone's arm has to be a penalty from now on. Basically every single handball is a penalty now. We're gonna see this crap for a couple of years before FIFA realise the utter stupidity of what they've done.

on the plus side we'll never hear that allez chant again or if we do i hope they get a glass a glass a glass....

Okay let’s say Liverpool played to their capacity and we ended up like Woolwich on Wednesday a
bunch of fannies and got smoked 4-1 what would have been the preferred option tonight’s effort or one like Woolwich?

Thing I can't get myhead round was that foul on Rose in the 2nd half that wasn't given in the name of an advantage... What advantage? .....We didn't have another player within 10 yards of the fucking ball, FFS!!!!
Also, two blatant yellow cards for the scouse cunts weren't given.

But that doesn't matter when you spend the first 60 minutes of a match not attacking, just keeping possession and only waking up for the last 15.

Honestly, I love Poch, but this "something will happen" idea has worn very thin. Sometimes you need to make things happen.

I watched the whole game with the family and didn't look online until after. I'm wondering if I saw a different match.
This thread, Twitter, Facebook etc are full of people slating the players, saying it was a disgusting performance, bottlers etc.

I'm truly amazed. I thought we made a huge number of chances, made Liverpool look very ordinary, played right through them multiple times But for some poor finishing (e.g. Sissoko & Eriksen into row Z) and VVD and Alisson putting in several vital blocks and stops we would've had at least 3. Yes Liverpool had chances too, but they are a lethal team and we were never keeping a clean sheet against them.

I'm devastated we lost but I can't fault the effort at all.
Forget them mate. The performance was not great, far from it, but it was not shambolic. As for the "bottlers" part, it's just a cliché at this phase. We're far from "bottlers", we just lacked experience in a game that was decided by episodes. If anyone calls us "bottlers" again, show them how we got here, how we were down and out and how is it possible that a team with a "bottling" mentality came back time after time after time again... Then see their response. UP THE FUCKING SPURS!

Back
Top Bottom