We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The deliberate law still applies, it hasn't been removed.

Pointing to your player isn't a deliberate act of handball. He's making no attempt to make himself bigger, by blocking, he's literally instructing a player on their position. AGAIN, if you fail to understand the difference between actually making yourself bigger (this could also include jumping in front of the kicker like in a wall for example) and instructing another player, then your head is gone. No laws exist about a player having to keep his arms by his side. The ball came off his chest onto his arm, there is a law that clearly states if this happens then it is NOT handball.

The other handball you state are also furiously debated with the overwhelming majority of people stating that they weren't handballs, you could add Rose's against City in that list too. Whilst I completely believe that the PSG handball wasn't a handball, I see it MORE of a handball than Sissoko's, for the reason about making yourself bigger, the player jumped in the air, so there IS at least room for debate about him making an attempt to block the ball, which he clearly was trying to do. (Sissoko made NO such attempt).

He doesn’t understand mate

Any chance of him being rational about anything involving Sissoko doesn’t exist

It wasn’t a penalty

End of

Referee was bought and paid for

Cunt

The law's that I posted are the CURRENT laws and they clearly state that it still has to be deliberate. That law hasn't been removed. It's still the FIRST law of handball.

But you didn't post ALL THE CURRENT LAWS and the SUBSEQUENT LAWS state it doesn't have to be deliberate don't they.

DO YIU THINK SHOUTING CHANGES THAT?

The deliberate law still applies, it hasn't been removed.

Pointing to your player isn't a deliberate act of handball. He's making no attempt to make himself bigger, by blocking, he's literally instructing a player on their position. AGAIN, if you fail to understand the difference between actually making yourself bigger (this could also include jumping in front of the kicker like in a wall for example) and instructing another player, then your head is gone. No laws exist about a player having to keep his arms by his side. The ball came off his chest onto his arm, there is a law that clearly states if this happens then it is NOT handball.

The other handball you state are also furiously debated with the overwhelming majority of people stating that they weren't handballs, you could add Rose's against City in that list too. Whilst I completely believe that the PSG handball wasn't a handball, I see it MORE of a handball than Sissoko's, for the reason about making yourself bigger, the player jumped in the air, so there IS at least room for debate about him making an attempt to block the ball, which he clearly was trying to do. (Sissoko made NO such attempt).

Fucking hell, how many times do you need it explained to you. It doesn't fucking matter if Gary fucking Lineker doesn't think it's hand ball, or you, the referees just act on the actual laws. It doesn't matter why a player has his fucking arm out because the law doesn't say "IT'S OK IF HE IS POINTING AIMLESSLY AT NOTHING".

And here's the thing, everyone knew what hand ball hand become, how almost any contact no matter how accidental or unavoidable was now being given, so standing there with your fucking arm out a couple of metres from an attacker was fucking stupid - regardless of who it was.

There was no fucking conspiracy, no bent ref, no UEFA wanting Liverpool to win more than Spurs, just a player stood with his fucking arm out in the penalty box, despite the whole footballing world knowing that you don't do this anymore.

Fucking hell, how many times do you need it explained to you. It doesn't fucking matter if Gary fucking Lineker doesn't think it's hand ball, or you, the referees just act on the actual laws. It doesn't matter why a player has his fucking arm out because the law doesn't say "IT'S OK IF HE IS POINTING AIMLESSLY AT NOTHING".

And here's the thing, everyone knew what hand ball hand become, how almost any contact no matter how accidental or unavoidable was now being given, so standing there with your fucking arm out a couple of metres from an attacker was fucking stupid - regardless of who it was.

There was no fucking conspiracy, no bent ref, no UEFA wanting Liverpool to win more than Spurs, just a player stood with his fucking arm out in the penalty box, despite the whole footballing world knowing that you don't do this anymore.
Hahaha you haven’t got a fucking clue!! That post is a “keeper”.

At no point have I claimed a bent Ref or corruption you muppet! I’ve only stated facts that are in the CURRENT laws of football.

If it was Trippier instead of Sissoko you’d be saying the complete opposite. Your hatred for Sissoko has completely and utterly ruined your ability to think rationally

Say something positive about Sissoko ? I bet you can't without spouting your usual shit.

They never remotely looked like scoring. We did. The course of the match was completelty altered by the penalty.

I don't actually care about winning the CL anymore, it's basically become a game of craps. Just a case of who gets the role of the dice on the day, and it's only going to get worse with more stupid rules introduced, more opportunities for corruption and underhand payments to officials.

I just want to get as far in the CL as possible for the money. I only want to win it for the money. If we win it next season, I want all the players to get their dicks out and piss in to the trophy, then throw the piss all over the UEFA officials who present them with it. "That's for turning the beautiful game we invented into a crapshoot." They should say. "Cunts". And they should change the CL anthem to something more fitting like Lady Gaga's Poker Face.

All that effort put in by the players, all the adversities overcome, the fortunes people spent going to the game and then you give a fucking penalty from a ball kicked at someone's chest from 3 yards away and bounces on to his arm and you don't even review it? Joke of a tournament.
PL apparently favours Liverpool and others ahead of us, CL is corrupted, the domestic cups are not our priority. Lets just pack the club up and open a lemonade stall. Sissoko could crush those lemons with his strong arms.

A side note: got to chatting to an ex-Liverpool player (annoying git but that by the by) I started by saying I’m avoiding all things Liverpool and any associations but the conversation continued anyway. Naturally that penalty decision came up. He was adamant that it was, to which I remonstrated what a ridiculous view point that is as a player how would he react.

He said ‘I’d be fuming’ why I asked if it was the right decision according to him. He said you just wouldn’t expect a soft decision without VAR to be given, then a came a chuckle and a screeching gear change ‘between you and me’ he continued ‘the luck was with us but it was the referee’s decision’

A wrong one then I asked, ‘not for me to say’ he replied ‘but we did win 2 nil’

Arsehole

Last edited:
Not sure if I am understanding this properly are the Premier league saying they are applying different rules to UEFA in CL?

Yes, makes absolute sense. They want to protect the product. Nobody wants to see game after game of stupid penalties and endless debate about fucking handballs. When people starting switching off in droves after seeing match after match decided by ridiculous handball decisions, then those dumb fuckers at UEFA will get the message.

I personally no longer recognise UEFA games as football matches, they are "try and hit a ball at opponent's hand" matches. Totally different sport that doesn't interest me.

I will always remember that match as us not being at our best. Boiling hot weather that affected it. But having such a big decision that was so wrong go against us. So early too. There is a saying that you have to lose one to win one. So here goes.....

I will always remember that match as us not being at our best. Boiling hot weather that affected it. But having such a big decision that was so wrong go against us. So early too. There is a saying that you have to lose one to win one. So here goes.....
You'd better be right because i'm on my way to the bank to withdraw my son's college fund in order to make a substantial wager and organise travel arrangements for the final.

Hahaha you haven’t got a fucking clue!! That post is a “keeper”.

At no point have I claimed a bent Ref or corruption you muppet! I’ve only stated facts that are in the CURRENT laws of football.
I posted the link to the current laws.

Keep it as Long as you like. You posted a link and stated the first rule but continue to spout your bollocks suggesting it’s the only rule.

It’s not. Handball no longer has to be a“deliberate attempt to play the ball with the hand”.

And it doesn’t matter what the fucking excuse is. If the arm is out it’s fair game. And everyone in fucking football knows this, there was one given in a WC final ffs.

Yes, makes absolute sense. They want to protect the product. Nobody wants to see game after game of stupid penalties and endless debate about fucking handballs. When people starting switching off in droves after seeing match after match decided by ridiculous handball decisions, then those dumb fuckers at UEFA will get the message.

I personally no longer recognise UEFA games as football matches, they are "try and hit a ball at opponent's hand" matches. Totally different sport that doesn't interest me.

It makes blocks sense, because all that will happen, if this nonsense is true, is we will all spend every week bitching because different refs give different things as handball.

And our players would have to adjust how they play every European game.

You can’t just ignore the rules of the game, that’s what leads to allegations of corruption and favouritism. Every fucking week.

What they need to do is clarify hand ball rules then apply it evenly.

If it was Trippier instead of Sissoko you’d be saying the complete opposite. Your hatred for Sissoko has completely and utterly ruined your ability to think rationally

Bollocks, when Trippier scored his own it was a stupid mistake and I said so, others said Lloris was partly at fault, but I said it was all Trippier.

What Sissoko did was fucking stupid knowing the rules and how everyone has seen them applied.

But what he did for the next 90 minutes was much fucking worse.

Keep it as Long as you like. You posted a link and stated the first rule but continue to spout your bollocks suggesting it’s the only rule.

It’s not. Handball no longer has to be a“deliberate attempt to play the ball with the hand”.

And it doesn’t matter what the fucking excuse is. If the arm is out it’s fair game. And everyone in fucking football knows this, there was one given in a WC final ffs.
:dembelelol:

The deliberate rule has NOT been removed, it is still relevant as it has always been (Whether it is liked or not is the debate. For me I hate it as most handballs are accidental. Unless a ref is a mindreader he is guessing. The only obvious "deliberate" handballs are if the player moves towards the ball to catch it or deflect it or he dives to parry it or catch it, like Oxlaide-Chamberlains or Suarez).

I've made no such claim to say it's the only law (I posted a link to ALL of them), I have just been reaffirming that it is still a law, in fact, it's still the first law of handball!! I have actually made reference to another law, one that states if it comes off another part of his body and then onto his arm then it is NOT handball, this is an actual law, in black and white!!!

There isn't a law that exists that states a defender can't have his arms out. There isn't a law that states if a players arm is out then it's "fair game". There isn't a law that states that all defenders must have their arms by their sides. You see YOU are making it up. Can you please post a link to the "fair game law", it must have passed me by.

The deliberate rule has NOT been removed, it is still relevant as it has always been (Whether it is liked or not is the debate. For me I hate it as most handballs are accidental. Unless a ref is a mindreader he is guessing. The only obvious "deliberate" handballs are if the player moves towards the ball to catch it or deflect it or he dives to parry it or catch it, like Oxlaide-Chamberlains or Suarez).

I've made no such claim to say it's the only law (I posted a link to ALL of them), I have just been reaffirming that it is still a law, in fact, it's still the first law of handball!! I have actually made reference to another law, one that states if it comes off another part of his body and then onto his arm then it is NOT handball, this is an actual law, in black and white!!!

There isn't a law that exists that states a defender can't have his arms out. There isn't a law that states if a players arm is out then it's "fair game". There isn't a law that states that all defenders must have their arms by their sides. You see YOU are making it up. Can you please post a link to the "fair game law", it must have passed me by.

Fuck me, it's like arguing with Sammy. Of course there isn't a law that tells players what they can and can't do with their arms, but there is a law which states if they have them outside of their body shape, it can be given as handball whether it's intentional or not.

It doesn't matter if deliberate is the first law or the fucking 20th law, because other laws also exist and apply to non deliberate handball.

And the ball hit his arm and torso/armpit and arm simultaneously - it's not like his body diverted the trajectory of the ball.

Fuck me, it's like arguing with Sammy. Of course there isn't a law that tells players what they can and can't do with their arms, but there is a law which states if they have them outside of their body shape, it can be given as handball whether it's intentional or not.

It doesn't matter if deliberate is the first law or the fucking 20th law, because other laws also exist and apply to non deliberate handball.

And the ball hit his arm and torso/armpit and arm simultaneously - it's not like his body diverted the trajectory of the ball.

I've now had to say this about 6 or 7 fucking times, the "new" law you refer to specifically states "making his body bigger", this refers to the player attempting to block the ball. Sissoko is NOT making an attempt to blocking the ball, that is completely obvious to even a 6yr old!! It is why, even though, I still disagree with it, the handball given against PSG vs Utd was more of a pen because the PSG player DID clearly make himself bigger as he was clearly in the act of blocking the ball, as he jumped attempting to do so!! Same can be said with Rose, he was in the act of blocking the shot/cross.

There simply shouldn't be any debate on this, as under the "old" laws (which are still current laws) and the revised laws it is NOT handball. He isn't making his body bigger in order to stop the shot. When you are pointing to your own players this is NOT "unnatural", you can't point "unnaturally" no doubt you are now going to try to explain that it is an unnatural thing to do, that you think a defender running with his hands locked behind his back pointing with his chin or his penis is a natural thing to see on a football pitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom