We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've now had to say this about 6 or 7 fucking times, the "new" law you refer to specifically states "making his body bigger", this refers to the player attempting to block the ball. Sissoko is NOT making an attempt to blocking the ball, that is completely obvious to even a 6yr old!! It is why, even though, I still disagree with it, the handball given against PSG vs Utd was more of a pen because the PSG player DID clearly make himself bigger as he was clearly in the act of blocking the ball, as he jumped attempting to do so!! Same can be said with Rose, he was in the act of blocking the shot/cross.

There simply shouldn't be any debate on this, as under the "old" laws (which are still current laws) and the revised laws it is NOT handball. He isn't making his body bigger in order to stop the shot. When you are pointing to your own players this is NOT "unnatural", you can't point "unnaturally" no doubt you are now going to try to explain that it is an unnatural thing to do, that you think a defender running with his hands locked behind his back pointing with his chin or his penis is a natural thing to see on a football pitch.

Jesus fucking wept. How many times do you need it fucking explaining to you? It does not matter what the players actual intentions are, there is no allowance for this in the rules whatsoever, all that matters is that he makes his body bigger by having his arms "out" from his body.

Otherwise all players would just stand there pretending to point all the time wouldn't they (as someone else has already explained to you).

Why do you think defenders now put their arms behind their backs? They could just stand there pointing in both directions otherwise couldn't they?

Do you understand this now?

Bollocks, when Trippier scored his own it was a stupid mistake and I said so, others said Lloris was partly at fault, but I said it was all Trippier.

What Sissoko did was fucking stupid knowing the rules and how everyone has seen them applied.

But what he did for the next 90 minutes was much fucking worse.

That’s fine, but Trippier passes it into his own goal, he’s looking at Lloris, he sees what’s happening, but still does it. it’s completely different to a cross hitting Sissoko in the armpit

Jesus fucking wept. How many times do you need it fucking explaining to you? It does not matter what the players actual intentions are, there is no allowance for this in the rules whatsoever, all that matters is that he makes his body bigger by having his arms "out" from his body.

Otherwise all players would just stand there pretending to point all the time wouldn't they (as someone else has already explained to you).

Why do you think defenders now put their arms behind their backs? They could just stand there pointing in both directions otherwise couldn't they?

Do you understand this now?
Oh deary deary me!

We are going need to take this back further, in order for the magnitude of it all to sink in. The Law was initiated via IFAB, they sate that:

David Ellerey, explaining the law change after their AGM in Aberdeen March '19: "We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette, if the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball".

Sissoko wasn't making any attempt to make himself bigger with the purpose of being a barrier between the opponent or the ball!!! He was pointing to his teammate, he was making NO attempt to block, make himself bigger in order to be a barrier. Rose did and the guy from PSG did, they were making an attempt to block the ball with the PSG play jumping in the air, thus making himself bigger! Elleray says this is an effort to put an end to defenders placing their arms behind their back in fear of giving away a free-kick( I think you've failed miserably on that David).

Your confirmation bias yet again sucks you into the vortex of self-harming.

Last edited:
Oh deary deary me!

We are going need to take this back further, in order for the magnitude of it all to sink in. The Law was initiated via IFAB, they sate that:

David Ellerey, explaining the law change after their AGM in Aberdeen March '19: "We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette, if the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball".

Sissoko wasn't making any attempt to make himself bigger with the purpose of being a barrier between the opponent or the ball!!! He was pointing to his teammate, he was making NO attempt to block, make himself bigger in order to be a barrier. Rose did and the guy from PSG did, they were making an attempt to block the ball with the PSG play jumping in the air, thus making himself bigger! Elleray says this is an effort to put an end to defenders placing their arms behind their back in fear of giving away a free-kick( I think you've failed miserably on that David).

Your confirmation bias yet again sucks you into the vortex of self-harming.

This explains it for you. It wasn't one rule but two Sissoko broke. His arm was also above his shoulder, which is another law on it's own, if you look at the new rules I posted, it is the rule below the one I circled:

In January Head of Uefa Referees Robert Rossetti told the Times that - when VAR was introduced into this season's Champions League - officials would penalise any unnatural arm movement that makes contact with the ball.

That's exactly what Sissoko did. Twice.

"The big challenge is the position of the arm. When the arm is totally out of the body above the shoulder it should be penalised. If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair.
"It is different if the defender is challenging or playing the ball and it rebounds. But if he is looking to block a cross or a shot on goal and the player is trying to spread his body then it is a handball."
What's more is that referees were told at the start of the season: "When the arm is out from the body, above the shoulder, it must always be penalised."

Whatever you think of the rule is one thing. But, by the rule, it was a penalty.

The biggest game in the club's history and the players didn't turn up.

Once Salah converted the penalty we never looked like getting back into the game.

Sigh...
I knew we were done when at 0-1 with ~25 minutes left Poch bravely used the final sub to replace Sissoko with Eric Dier, rather than Lamela.

Thus bravely attempting to maintain or 1 goal deficit...

Back
Top Bottom