We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The link THST News - August 2018 posted by Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor is interestering, thanks for posting.

So... They have now asked Poch to a meeting to explain our transfer business...

The fact that THFC was the only club in Europe’s top five leagues not to make any signing inevitably attracted comment. Our manager’s remarks about the cost of building the stadium having an impact on our ability to compete in the transfer market also appeared to be at variance with the chairman’s assurance, given on a number of previous occasions, that this would not be the case. All this meant we thought it would be useful for supporters to be updated.

We’ve received no formal response from the Club Board. Instead they have told us that this is Mauricio Pochettino’s department. So we have invited Mauricio to attend our October Board to Board meeting to cover this part of Club business.

Oh FFS

Please can they just fuck off

Who the fuck do they think they are

Well put.

I don't agree with everything they've done, but I can stop and think, and at least understand the reasons why.

Communication obviously isn't their strong point, but nobody skilled in this area has come forward to help them, meaning they're stuck with what they've got. If anyone good at PR got involved it'd be an absolute godsend for them because clearly their hearts are in the right place.
Apparently two of the board member's day jobs are PR and Communications.

Their Twitter bio changed yesterday from...

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust. Officially recognised by @SpursOfficial. Ensuring fans voices are heard on key issues at Club & national level.

To....

‘We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football.’ Bill Nicholson.

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust. Officially recognised by @SpursOfficial. Ensuring fans voices are heard on key issues at Club & national level.

To....

‘We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football.’ Bill Nicholson.
That seems... unnecessary.

To be fair, I've always thought the trust came across well whenever they've been on the pod. It's a shame to see them put so many fans' noses out of joint on this one.

That seems... unnecessary.

To be fair, I've always thought the trust came across well whenever they've been on the pod. It's a shame to see them put so many fans' noses out of joint on this one.

Not just this one. Asking Daniel Levy to explain transfer policy was also stupid and sad. In my opinion the trust can't help but put it's foot in it's mouth at almost every opportunity.

Flabbergasted to also see that two of the board member's day jobs are PR and Communications.

To....

Jesus

Not just this one. Asking Daniel Levy to explain transfer policy was also stupid and sad. In my opinion the trust can't help but put it's foot in it's mouth at almost every opportunity.

Flabbergasted to also see that two of the board member's day jobs are PR and Communications.
Excuse me what?

And they act like this?

I think the transfer policy one was trying to be representative of a lot of Spurs fans' complaints on the transfer window (and possibly contacting them about it).

Was surprising to see them come out with a statement about it though. Raising a question about it in the next board-trust meeting would have sufficed, especially given there is no way in hell the club will respond right now.

Not going to go too much into it, but others pointed out politics potentially getting in the way inappropriately. It does seem that perhaps certain members of the trust have that further-left-union-y mentality would doesn't lend itself well to this situation.

I think the transfer policy one was trying to be representative of a lot of Spurs fans' complaints on the transfer window (and possibly contacting them about it).

Was surprising to see them come out with a statement about it though. Raising a question about it in the next board-trust meeting would have sufficed, especially given there is no way in hell the club will respond right now.

Not going to go too much into it, but others pointed out politics potentially getting in the way inappropriately. It does seem that perhaps certain members of the trust have that further-left-union-y mentality would doesn't lend itself well to this situation.
As someone of the "left-union" mentality/leaning I'd say that how the trust is acting right now should not be a reflection of that. This is just acting spoiled.

Going with a public statement like this is something a union would do only in the most dire of situations. Like you said what most unions would do is bring it up at the next possible meeting and trying to solve it that way.

This is just the Trust board acting without thinking

As someone of the "left-union" mentality/leaning I'd say that how the trust is acting right now should not be a reflection of that. This is just acting spoiled.

Going with a public statement like this is something a union would do only in the most dire of situations. Like you said what most unions would do is bring it up at the next possible meeting and trying to solve it that way.

This is just the Trust board acting without thinking
Fair enough. It was certainly the 'boycott' aspect that made me feel the politics were creeping in a bit.

Like you said, extreme measures that perhaps demonstrate a lack of judgement more than anything else.

Fair enough. It was certainly the 'boycott' aspect that made me feel the politics were creeping in a bit.

Like you said, extreme measures that perhaps demonstrate a lack of judgement more than anything else.
A boycott or a strike is something that would only happen under extreme circumstances, an employer refusing to pay minimum wage or more. Or refusing to follow proper safety procedures (looking at you Tesla) and such. I was a union rep for 2 years at my old job and in my experience dialogue is always the best option.

My guess is that the board of the trust have gone un-challenged for too long. People don't want to run against them for elections and they feel that they can do just about what they want in the name of the trust. Power seeps into the brain and you make dumb decisions.

To....

It is fair to say they have completely lost it.

I am really shocked tbh. I joined myself and my son this year thinking that it was a good and right thing to do. But whoever was manning the twitter account yesterday was downright arrogant and rude, offering me a refund on my membership if I wasn't happy! I am not a combative type at all and I barely use twitter but felt strongly that they had got it wrong over the stadium thing and also that embarrassing letter regarding transfers. I stopped responding and will simply not rejoin next season.

I am really shocked tbh. I joined myself and my son this year thinking that it was a good and right thing to do. But whoever was manning the twitter account yesterday was downright arrogant and rude, offering me a refund on my membership if I wasn't happy! I am not a combative type at all and I barely use twitter but felt strongly that they had got it wrong over the stadium thing and also that embarrassing letter regarding transfers. I stopped responding and will simply not rejoin next season.

I saw your exchange and you're right, they were treating you (and others) like shite, as if you're not worthy to talk to them.

Back
Top Bottom