West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, Bale changed everything. Dele had very little positive contribution from what I could see. Some of the usual wasteful tricks that gave the ball away - no surprise there. I can't think of anything particularly good that he did. :/
Dele gave the ball away a couple of times but the likes of lamela/lucus do that regularly. Dele kept the ball moving and made good runs, He was actually positive. These days we consider that to be an excellent contribution when it should be standard, but that's where we are at these days.

Dele gave the ball away a couple of times but the likes of lamela/lucus do that regularly. Dele kept the ball moving and made good runs, He was actually positive. These days we consider that to be an excellent contribution when it should be standard, but that's where we are at these days.
I thought that same thing after the match. At first, I was upset with the loss obviously but then I started looking at the positives; we created chances, Lamela and Dele kept the ball moving, Bale looked good.... then I realized those positives should be the fucking standard every time we play. That is how far my opinion of our team and players has dropped.

It was a big reality check.

From listening to that, I genuinely think he's doing the 'José thing' and ONLY focussing on the EL and League Cup now...
HE KNOWS he's not a good enough manager to win the League any more... and Maybe he's finally realised he's not good enough for Top 4 either....
He's putting all his eggs in the Cup basket... a risk if it doesn't work... but cements his reputation if it does.

....like him or fucking loathe him... one thing he DOES know, is how to win a trophy.... problem is, do WE?
Thank goodness he is not good enough to win the league or get top 4. I dread to think how much we would have had to give him if he was any good

I'm in hospital today having an op and it involves keyhole surgery through the groin. My Mrs asked if I was going to be embarrassed lying there legs akimbo with my bits on show to which I replied 'im more embarrassed about them seeing my Tottenham tattoos'.
Hope the op went well.... Groin you say...? Nowhere near your 'Nutter Naylors' I hope?

More realistic than paying Allegri 20M! We are about 400M down and counting due to Covid and paying off the Chelsea c next week

get real
I never said we are paying off mourinho. I dont think financially we can afford that.
Plus me get real? 😂 stop. youre advocating the reading manager getting the job.? Hes led reading to mid table!?
Could you imagine the tottenham supporters if that happened 😂

I thought he pulled out of the kane cross and the postions he took up actually stifled space we had. He gave away the ball a lot. And he needs to be doing better than the players he comes on for not the same thing theyre doing ie give away the ball.
Its a hard thing to make an impact in a short space of time to be fair to him but thats what he needs to do

I thought he pulled out of the kane cross and the postions he took up actually stifled space we had. He gave away the ball a lot. And he needs to be doing better than the players he comes on for not the same thing theyre doing ie give away the ball.
Its a hard thing to make an impact in a short space of time to be fair to him but thats what he needs to do
I just don't think he plays with any conviction at all. Where is that fiery pumped up motivated footballer that we once had? His reputation and age is a factor in selling him. He didn't play for poch towards the end, played for José at the start but when he couldn't be arsed to train properly and got told off he stop playing for José. Even now he isn't great but i think he improved things when he came on.

Back
Top Bottom