Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 20.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man City next Monday night followed by a return to this dump less than 48 hours later in the league cup.

Be interesting to see how Poch approaches the cup game. I've always felt we should go all out on the League Cup because it's the easiest competition to win in regards to the fact big teams take it light therefore if you are the one who take it seriously there is an advantage. But because of the short turnover we may see some kids out there against West Ham's first team.
Agreed,we really need to start winning some silverware and the league cup is obviously the easiest on paper we should be fielding a strong side for this competition.

I wouldn’t. It’s a joke. It crams a bunch of games into the November - December - January period that is already overly full and the extra games put a thin squad at risk of more injuries.

It has no real history and commands no respect. It’s a distraction from the competitions that pay the bills and that the club cares about.

Well that's all we've won in decades so it will do alongside top 4. It's over by march and plenty of time to then focus on the league

Well that's all we've won in decades so it will do alongside top 4. It's over by march and plenty of time to then focus on the league
Frankly, no. It’s too many extra minutes during the moronic December run English football insists on, and leads to too much fatigue. It’s s distraction from the League at a time we can’t afford any.

Frankly, no. It’s too many extra minutes during the moronic December run English football insists on, and leads to too much fatigue. It’s s distraction from the League at a time we can’t afford any.

But you are happy we play a full strength team throughout the fa cup. Don't quite see the difference. Ultimately it's about trophies. League cup is the easiest of the two cups to win. I would also prefer the fa cup for its history. We just need to win SOMETHING + top 4

Prize money for winning the Caravan Cup - £100,000; Runners Up £50,000; Semis - £25,000.

Winning the FA Cup - £2m.

Difference in merit payments between 1-2-3-4-5th spots in the PL - £2m a place.

Guys, we have a Stadium to pay for which has already made us take the historic decision not to buy a single player in the Summer Transfer window.

:levylol:

But you are happy we play a full strength team throughout the fa cup. Don't quite see the difference. Ultimately it's about trophies. League cup is the easiest of the two cups to win. I would also prefer the fa cup for its history. We just need to win SOMETHING + top 4
Where did I say that?

Winning pots is nice, but they don’t pay the rent. The League and Europe do. That’s how modern football works. I may not like it, but if we want to be the best club possible we have to play the game as it exists, not how we would like it to.

Where did I say that?

Winning pots is nice, but they don’t pay the rent. The League and Europe do. That’s how modern football works. I may not like it, but if we want to be the best club possible we have to play the game as it exists, not how we would like it to.

The rent has been paid for two seasons yet last summer we purchased no one. Basically as fans, players etc....we need a cup....any cup. Plus top 4

The rent has been paid for two seasons yet last summer we purchased no one.

Well maybe the lack of signings wasnt a purely financial thing then....? Y'know, like the gaffer intimated all along when talking about the "right players".

(In b4 disagrees from the conspiracy kru)

Well maybe the lack of signings wasnt a purely financial thing then....? Y'know, like the gaffer intimated all along when talking about the "right players".

It's crazy to me - like if we signed someone, they'd have still moaned it wasn't the right one.

It's crazy to me - like if we signed someone, they'd have still moaned it wasn't the right one.

Last summer being a prime example.

All cheering and taking the piss out of the chavs over Llorent & Barkley; lauding the capture of Dav & Serge... Foyth in the same window being a sign of future planning (Also see Gaz). Since then topping up with Lucas in Jan too.

Yet revisionists will now tell you it was a shit, tight-fisted window that lacked ambition.

Toxic wankers. :dembelefingers:

1290994_1.jpg

...Cos all it would have taken is Villa to accept 25m for Grielish, the "no spend" becomes moot and your ilk would be pacified?

Horse-(nosher)-shit!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom