What do you expect for the rest of the season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not sure what’s scarier.

The incredible belief we had in our football team on the 02/02 when this thread was started. Top 4 and trophies awaited.
Which has now turned into 4 defeats followed by a draw with Burnley and a team that is continuously looking like we could get a proper hiding.

or

02/02 a grand total of 2 people had the Coronavirus in Italy. Now 16m are in quarantine.

Who knows what will happen by the middle of. April???
If all the UK above Watford couldn't play, would we finish in the top 4 ?

More terrible backwards football, the declining manager blaming everyone but himself, using his reputation as cover. The place will get more and more toxic and things will come to a head over the summer.
This is easily my worst time as a spurs fan.

In over 35 years of supporting the club I've never felt so distant.

From the cold chairman who calmly deflects and rejects any notion of on field ambition to the ego maniac chelsea legend manager playing football that would be too much for even prime man in the raincoat.

We have a nice shiny stadium I can't really afford to go to but when the team are about as entertaining as watching paint dry the comfort and entertainment factor soon wears thin.

Those around me feel the same. Since Mourinho came in it doesnt feel like spurs anymore. Just a circus that he controls as he produces utter dross.

I'm not expecting it to change anytime soon. Going to be a long season.

More terrible backwards football, the declining manager blaming everyone but himself, using his reputation as cover. The place will get more and more toxic and things will come to a head over the summer.
Really?
JM seemed to cover for Tanguy pretty well after the Wolves game? "Maybe Diego Jota is faster?"
Did he say something that we all know not to be true?
:pochcmon:

Name 3 managers that have taken more points since JM was appointed?

You can't because only Klopp and Pep have taken more points. Imagine the shit we would be in if that wasn't true.

Really?
JM seemed to cover for Tanguy pretty well after the Wolves game? "Maybe Diego Jota is faster?"
Did he say something that we all know not to be true?
:pochcmon:

Name 3 managers that have taken more points since JM was appointed?

You can't because only Klopp and Pep have taken more points. Imagine the shit we would be in if that wasn't true.
Ole?

ESsE9dVWsAAUk2O

This is easily my worst time as a spurs fan.

In over 35 years of supporting the club I've never felt so distant.

From the cold chairman who calmly deflects and rejects any notion of on field ambition to the ego maniac chelsea legend manager playing football that would be too much for even prime man in the raincoat.

We have a nice shiny stadium I can't really afford to go to but when the team are about as entertaining as watching paint dry the comfort and entertainment factor soon wears thin.

Those around me feel the same. Since Mourinho came in it doesnt feel like spurs anymore. Just a circus that he controls as he produces utter dross.

I'm not expecting it to change anytime soon. Going to be a long season.
Not saying you are wrong but you have to recognise the fact that we've actually improved (strictly from a points earned perspective) since JM came in.

JM doesn't have the luxury of bringing us (probably) the best football in living memory. Poch dined out on that for 12-18 months. JM comes in pretty much hated by 50% of the fanbase and 95% of the media - and our points tally goes straight up.

With good football? F*ck no. It's terrible. An unbalanced squad wracked with injuries to our best players. I think you'd be a clown if you thought that this was the shape of things to come rather than a desperate attempt to claw as many points from the jaws of defeat - desperately hoping for the end of the season.

Not saying you are wrong but you have to recognise the fact that we've actually improved (strictly from a points earned perspective) since JM came in.
Barely and that percentage is fast falling.

JM doesn't have the luxury of bringing us (probably) the best football in living memory. Poch dined out on that for 12-18 months. JM comes in pretty much hated by 50% of the fanbase and 95% of the media - and our points tally goes straight up.

See this is what I cant have. It's pure Mourinho hype.

You have made the classic mistake of going straight to the extreme. There is a huge difference between playing like barca to playing 5 centre backs at burnley or approaching the two biggest games of the season without even trying to win them.

Poch was struggling but my god the man got us to a top four place and a champions league final last season. Let's be grateful for everything he did and wish him well. The new manager under performing isnt pochs fault.

Also I'm probably Mourinhos biggest detractor on here but when he came in he charmed me . He spoke brilliantly and I really got quite excited. My doubt comes from the tactics and the blame game his already started.

With good football Fck no. It's terrible. An unbalanced squad wracked with injuries to our best players. I think you'd be a clown if you thought that this was the shape of things to come rather than a desperate attempt to claw as many points from the jaws of defeat - desperately hoping for the end of the season.

The squad could be improved I agree but that squad that many told me poch should be doing far better with isnt as bad as mourinho is NOW painting. If you recall he was delighted with it before.

I can only judge as I find. Missing a striker does not mean you have to play a low block 442 at home with no or little intention of winning the game. You see on saturday what happens when he let's them attack but that's rare because his first instinct is dont lose not win. His instinct is protect jose not help the team. So he can blame having no strikers - he means kane as sonny wasnt being played as one, he can blame injuries- all clubs have them, he can blame a 23 year old French kid clearly struggling but none of it excuses his shitty awful dinosaur football.

You're hope for change is based on stuff he did 10 years ago. Show me one United fan who wants him back. They hate him because this is what he did there.

If I'm wrong feel free to call me a cunt or whatever but I've seen nothing to make me believe that I am.

Barely and that percentage is fast falling...

See this is what I cant have. It's pure Mourinho hype...

If I'm wrong feel free to call me a cunt or whatever but I've seen nothing to make me believe that I am.
Not in the business of using that word and honestly, if I was anti Mourinho, I'd feel the same.

Don't misjudge that to think that I believe he's the best thing that ever happened to us. Far from it. We have some serious issues throughout the club from investment to scouting to burnout to contracts to leadership to philosophy of style.

The blame can be apportioned amongst many to varying degrees according to your opinion but at the end of the day, it is what it is - there will be no new players, owners or managers in place for Leipzig.

Barely or not the statistics are what they are and I choose to cling to whatever positives are available, as scarce as they may be. Imagine if we had a balanced squad without significant injuries and a full pre-season?

That's not possible for now, so I'm happy for us to claw and scrape for every damn point between now and the end of the season.

Hopefully no more injuries, injured players to return asap and stay fit, score some goals, keep some clean sheets, pick up as many wins as possible

Corona virus shutting the league down tomorrow would be the best outcome. Assuming that no results are recorded and we start next season as if it was the beginning of this, but with Jose.

Back
Top Bottom