What happened to Emmanuel Adebayor?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The game was only a couple minutes old when Emmanuel Adebayor pounced on a poor back pass from Kolo Toure. The Togolese striker ambled forwards, the keeper was already on the floor, Toure had his head in his hands and the supporters dotted around the Royal Bafokeng Stadium prepared for the goal. However, as a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, my spidey senses were tingling. “He’s going to miss.” I mumbled to myself and after what seemed like an eternity, he did [...]

Continue reading...

I disagree that it's somehow Defoe's fault. They have played very well together on plenty of occasions - especially during our gorgeous Autumn last season. Ade got a fantastic header against Reading recently as well, so I don't think we need to panic. All strikers have their moments, their hot spells and their goals. Even Pav could put a run together and he was proper shite. Ade's time this season will come, and maybe - hopefully - when we need it most: the business end of the season.

I think that HR departure has a major part in Ade lack of form this season. It seems like harry's style of management fits perfectly for the striker personality, and I think Adebayor is one of those players that need to be in a very specific state of mind in order to produce a good performance (especially on a regular basis).
I don't say that he can't perform at all under a different kind manager, but I do think that his ability definitely suffered from the management change in the summer. Obviously the lack of pre-season training and the early injury didn't help him as well.

Pav in the words of 'arry Rednkapp "Great with both feet and good with his head". Lets not beet about the bush, not only was he good looking (My man crush) but he scored some thumping goals from all over the park. If 'arry had given the same faith AVB has given to Defoe this season the guy could have been great. If someone could have conveyed to him that he could be great I am shore he would have been. While he did appear amazingly inconsistent and crap at times he was able to conjure something from nothing (see Young Boys 3-2 Tottenham).

Sorry what was the topic though, just got tagged into this. , oh Ade. Hmmmm, a bit lethargic and the worst haircut I have seen in a while, at least Pav was consistent in the hair department.

Against United he would have proved more of a threat as Defoe was too small for the likes of Ferdinand and Vidic to be hassled by them.

Back
Top Bottom