What is going wrong??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello, I've just joined this forum and this is my first post.

I don't know what the problem is at Tottenham right now but if it is partly because Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld don't want to play for the club and are seeing out their contracts so they can leave in the summer on a free transfer, then this is not a situation where Pochettino is powerless.

If I was Pochettino, I would bite the bullet, drop all three of them and say to them:

'If your don't sort out your attitude, then NO ONE is going to see you playing at club level between now and when your contract expires.

You want an elite European club to come in for you when no one has seen you for over seven months??

Yeah... Good luck with that.'

I don't know what the problem is at Tottenham right now but if it is partly because Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld don't want to play for the club and are seeing out their contracts so they can leave in the summer on a free transfer, then this is not a situation where Pochettino is powerless.

If I was Pochettino, I would bite the bullet, drop all three of them and say to them:

'If your don't sort out your attitude, then NO ONE is going to see you playing at club level between now and when your contract expires.

You want an elite European club to come in for you when no one has seen you for over seven months??

Yeah, fuck em...

Joining the forum 15 minutes ago and having an opinion probably isn't the best strategy to open with!

Well, I agree to a point. However, it might be better to get some value during this transfer window so that we can rebuild.

How much are we likely to get for them in January if they can leave for nothing four months later?

I'd also be interesting in any other suggestions on what is wrong, things people on this forum have heard or noticed etc.

Ohhh, right. Gotcha.
So how long do I have to wait before I'm entitled to an opinion?

Until then, I am only allowed to write messages that express no opinion at all?
Coupla years of mid-table 1990's mediocrity is acceptable....

But good to see you bit so easily!

Joining the forum 15 minutes ago and having an opinion probably isn't the best strategy to open with!

So if I see a message I want to reply to, I should respond with:

'Thank you for posting that, I would like to add to the discussion but unfortunately I have no opinion.'

Would that be better?

Coupla years of mid-table 1990's mediocrity is acceptable....

But good to see you bit so easily!

I've got no idea what point you're trying to make there, which is a fact, not an opinion.
So I imagine you'll welcome that.

Can we now get back to the original and relevant point which is: what is going wrong with this team?

'Thank you for posting that, I would like to add to the discussion but unfortunately I have no opinion.'

Would that be better?
Not at all... but where were you last season when we were going great...?

...don't tell me you were tentatively hovering over the 'send' button with your positive opinion....

You had the WHOLE of last season to pipe up.... yet 2 months into the season when it's going to shit... and HERE YOU ARE!

Would that be better?

You need to grow a thicker skin mate if you want to enjoy your time on TFC.

This place is legendary for its 'cunt offs' what you and 1882 1882 have been engaging in is a little bit of foreplay. 'Upstairs outside' if you prefer.

I've been doing that for about decade. Works for me.

Well, the tweet from Graham Roberts that you chose to post suggests that you agree with him, which would be an expression of your opinion.
That is absolutely fine with me and I don't see why it would be an issue for anyone else, including 1882.

Well, the tweet from Graham Roberts that you chose to post suggests that you agree with him, which would be an expression of your opinion.
That is absolutely fine with me and I don't see why it would be an issue for anyone else, including 1882.

Mate, I give 4/5ths of a single fuck about 99% of the shit posted in here.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom