What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Swellhead Spur

Open your mind
Yes the manager takes blame tonight but so do the players, we have for so many years had such static play and I dont understand it, Ndombele was looking great as a no 10 but now is a shell as a deep lying player

The triangle of terror Aurier Sanchez & Sissoko strike again

Kane has been overused & Dele doesn't give a shit

How many managers will we get threw before people realise its the players that are just strolling along

Yes the manager takes blame tonight but so do the players, we have for so many years had such static play and I dont understand it, Ndombele was looking great as a no 10 but now is a shell as a deep lying player

The triangle of terror Aurier Sanchez & Sissoko strike again

Kane has been overused & Dele doesn't give a shit

How many managers will we get threw before people realise its the players that are just strolling along

Absolutely, it isn't just Jose. The players are entirely culpable as well. Two things though:

1. Jose is directing the strategy, style of play, and it is 100% on him how we are lining up and approaching games.

2. I think it is obvious that he's lost the dressing room. None of them have indicated it directly, but nobody is playing for him anymore.

3. The entire team needs an overhaul but that is difficult, time consuming, and expensive. Changing out the manager may yield better short-term results while you work on the mid- to long-term issues.

Main issue is easy: Jose.

Players look like they have not been coached, we have no tactics other than what seems to be shitting our pants. This comes from the manager.

Rio Ferdinand used to say Harry Redknapp made him feel a million dollars, Jose makes our players feel 10 pence. They have no confidence, have no structure and no vision.

Yes we have some players like Sissoko who could be improved but we also have some truly top class players who must be thinking what the fuck I am doing here.

Main issue is the manager. Its why he left Chelsea in 16th and Man Utd in 6th, 11 pts off top 4. He just pisses off too many players and they stop playing for him. It just happened here on fast forward but look at how he leaves teams and how quickly they recover and that tells the story.

Many of our players i'm afraid are just totally broken mentally.

You can't lose that many cups games over and over without it having an effect.

Bottler mindset has grown at the club.

Aging players who should have been fucked out of the club a long time ago: Lloris Sissoko Ben Davies
Overrated garbage who should have been fucked out of the club a long time ago: Wanks Dier Sanchez Dele

An incompetent chairman who refuses to sell garbage. Who refuses to spend the extra money to sign the likes of Grealish Bruno Fernandes Skiriniar

Incompetent scouts who have made us spend 25m on a player only to send him out on loan the following year. 25m on a player an attacking player who does not know how to score goals.

Main issue is easy: Jose.

Players look like they have not been coached, we have no tactics other than what seems to be shitting our pants. This comes from the manager.

Rio Ferdinand used to say Harry Redknapp made him feel a million dollars, Jose makes our players feel 10 pence. They have no confidence, have no structure and no vision.

Yes we have some players like Sissoko who could be improved but we also have some truly top class players who must be thinking what the fuck I am doing here.

Fair post.

Its simple out of the 25 man squad 10 or more simply ain't good enough another 9 are bang average or been injury hit or are on the decline, and only 6 (Kane, Son, Reg, Hojberg and Ndombele) look like they belong in a top side.

Couple that with a manager who despite all his good players being attacking ones is a negative bastard, it's a recipe for disaster.

There is also a serious mental issue with this squad and we can't deny it now. When the pressure is on they crumble like tonight.

We also have tight cunts for owners who haven't backed the last 4 managers properly and haven't really done so with this one

Jose needs sacking we know this. But nothing will change unless the new man is allowed to take a knife to the squad and gut it

They don't believe in Mourinho.
Why would you believe in him? 3 days ago he called out players for hiding in a NL derby. Not exactly going to win the trust of players is it?

It's a simple equation, if you treat players like cunts, when the chips are down they won't go the extra mile for you. As evidenced by that shit-show tonight.

Aging players who should have been fucked out of the club a long time ago: Lloris Sissoko Ben Davies
Overrated garbage who should have been fucked out of the club a long time ago: Wanks Dier Sanchez Dele

An incompetent chairman who refuses to sell garbage. Who refuses to spend the extra money to sign the likes of Grealish Bruno Fernandes Skiriniar

Incompetent scouts who have made us spend 25m on a player only to send him out on loan the following year. 25m on a player an attacking player who does not know how to score goals.

How much Ndombele cost?

It's Mourinho.
Supported this club for 50 years but I jacked in my season ticket last year because I refused to pay to watch him.
Everyone (well, it felt like it at the time) on here said he was going to lead us to glory and that in the modern game 'silverware' was more important than playing good football or, for that matter, treating a decent manager who actually cared about our club with respect.
The heart and soul has gone from this club - shiny 60k stadium or not.
The glory boys, and Levy, are reaping what they sowed.
And writing this brings me no pleasure at all, I am as sad as the rest of you.

Why would you believe in him? 3 days ago he called out players for hiding in a NL derby. Not exactly going to win the trust of players is it?

It's a simple equation, if you treat players like cunts, when the chips are down they won't go the extra mile for you. As evidenced by that shit-show tonight.

Yep, and whether calling out players is or isn't the right,thing, what is clear is that the players are not as one behind the manager.

And that the aura Mourinho arrived with, and that for a short time this season the players bought into, has now disappeared.

And that is why Levy will have to take decisive action.

Look it how successful we were at the start of the season because of our style of play. Then Jose changes tactics to the old way and we fell off of a cliff.
To be fair, the strategy of sitting 3/4 of our team in our own 18-yard box and hoping that Kane and Son do something magical was bound to have a short shelf life.

Poch wanted half the team gone and major rebuild, Bald Cunt chose the short cut option (least expensive one) to bring in a new manager and everything will be fine.

Even if we get a 40 year old Alex Ferguson we will still never amount to anything, the biggest problem is the bald cunt.

Back
Top Bottom