What the hell is going on behind the scenes in regards to contracts and our players?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking 90 minutes into the season and you've started a thread melting over Jan leaving the club without a shred of evidence that it is true.

What the hell is going on behind the scenes with you, is more like it.

I wonder if Moura signing a contract extension has upset Jan? That's just speculation on my part but it got me thiking maybe Jan wants one big last contract with us (and rightfully so, he has earned it) and Levy has undervalued him and his loyalty so Jan has played up in training or not bothered to turn up maybe? Because Jan seemed well up for this season and also has been talking about how much he wants to stay here.

Even if it has nothing to do with other players signing contracts something clearly isn't right imo.

You can add him to a list of players now that we seem to be having issues regards to contracts.

Alderweireld
Eriksen
Vertonghen

We are in big danger of losing the core of our team, both Jan and Toby still have plenty of good years left in them and Eriksen proved today how important he is to us, hell, I would even say Rose did as well considering how good he was.

Last edited:
I wonder if Moura signing a contract extension has upset Jan? Maybe Jan wants one big last contract with us (and rightfully so, he has earned it) and Levy has undervalued him and his loyalty so Jan has played up in training or not bothered to turn up maybe? Because Jan seemed well up for this season and also has been talking about how much he wants to stay here.

You can add him to a list of players now that we seem to be having issues regards to contracts.

Alderweireld
Eriksen
Vertonghen

We are in big danger of losing the core of our team, both Jan and Toby still have plenty of good years left in them and Eriksen proved today how important he is to us, hell, I would even say Rose did as well considering how good he was.
Instead of crying wolf and bringing the house down it may not be all doom and gloom at all. Super Jan may just have been rested and still negotiating his contract!

You're not showing concern though, you making up compete bullshit that has no basis in fact. There is zero evidence to suggest Jan absence was anything but squad rotation yet you've decided that it means there's shit going on behind the scenes with players and contracts.
Showing concern would be posting something like ' why no Jan today, anyone know the reason' but you went with 'what the hell is going on behind the scenes...' It's a purposely negative spin based on nothing.

I'm pretty new here so I don't have any history with anyone and try to give people a fair crack of the whip, but you stand out as someone that's very negative towards the club and it's quite sad really. You probably have some valid points and questions, but they get lost in the negative rubbish and posturing when someone disagrees with you.

Maybe Poch spoke to Jan beforehand and said that, as it was 'only' Aston Villa', he wanted to give Davy some game time and that he would only need one person for defensive cover, and that would be Eric. If things were bad between Poch and Jan, surely Jan would have been 'sick' and not shown up at the game.
Obviously, this theory would come undone if he is not playing against Citeh.
It will all come out in the wash, no doubt.

It's just Pochettino showing everyone who's the boss and that no-one is above dropping...it might have fuck all to do with contracts or strops, it could be that he decided from the training session that he would give someone else a go....

What we need now is a training ground ITKer...

Some of you lot need to seriously take a long hard look in the mirror about what "negativity" really is because, in my mind negativity is constantly derailing threads and never contributing to the discussion and instead just calling other posters negative, moaning about other posters and just whining like a bunch of spineless pussies that can't that an opposing opinion because it hurts their feelings and gets in the way of what they consider to be a "positive" environment.

Let's all just hold hands, dance around a campfire and never say anything whatsoever about the club that could be considered critical.

Negativity is manufacturing problems when there aren't any. Or deciding something is a problem with the club when in reality the only 'problem' is that it doesn't fit what you want, or adhere to the way you think the club should be run.

Negativity is accusing everyone else of being cult-like because they all disagree that you know best, that your views are insightful or prescient because you've somehow managed to see the bad in any given situation.

Oh and, lets not be anywhere near a campfire together.

Apparently he was due to sign a new deal, and when they went to take photos Poch didnt put his arm round him.He was already fuming as the chocolate biscuits Daniel provided were Aldi and not the usual Waitrose, so he walked out .Hence the fall out...
#intheknow...

giphy.gif

Why do some people always have to manufacture problems just to have a fucking whinge. Nobody on here has a fucking clue whether there is an issue or not, so why make one up just to have a go.

Pathetic behaviour, to be honest. But I expect no less from certain posters on here.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It always amazes me how people expect football managers to speak 100% truth in interviews / press conferences.

There is a lot to be said about keeping things behind closed doors.

Maybe Jan got caught drink driving Friday night. Maybe he got in a punch up on the training ground last week.
Or maybe it was football related.
Maybe he trained at 90% last week thinking his place in the team was a certainty.

We literally have no idea.

It’s Poch who gets paid the big money to make these big decisions.

3 points won. We move on.

Fucking 90 minutes into the season and you've started a thread melting over Jan leaving the club without a shred of evidence that it is true.

What the hell is going on behind the scenes with you, is more like it.

There's that word again, "melting" a lovely word that all the deflectors use when they don't have a reasonable argument.

Yes, I am guessing at what might be going on but it doesn't take a fucking genius to understand there are clearly issues.

When I talk about people having their heads in the sand, this is what I am referring to.

We were a shambles today defensively, forgive me for having concerns about one of our best defenders being dropped for no apparent reason whatsoever and our manager telling the press it's because he believed it was the best decision tactically.

Vertonghen has been one of our most consistent performers at the club, he loves it here and he wants to stay, I don't want to lose him and it's obvious that the only reason we would is if something is happening behind the scenes considering it was only last week he said he wants to remain at the club because he loves it here.

But by all means, keep believing everything is rosy and all is well while two of our best players are running down their contracts and now one of our other best players has been completely omitted from the match day squad with absolutely no good reason.

I wonder if Moura signing a contract extension has upset Jan? That's just speculation on my part but it got me thiking maybe Jan wants one big last contract with us (and rightfully so, he has earned it) and Levy has undervalued him and his loyalty so Jan has played up in training or not bothered to turn up maybe? Because Jan seemed well up for this season and also has been talking about how much he wants to stay here.

Even if it has nothing to do with other players signing contracts something clearly isn't right imo.

Alderweireld
Eriksen
Vertonghen

I think you should ring your theory in to Talksport - you’ll fit right in.

Me wanting improvement for the club in the way of transfers and me not wanting us to lose our best players = an ulterior motive to drag the club down at any opportunity.

Makes complete sense, have you ever considered the possibility, even for a split second, that it might not be good to be continuously optimistic? And it's actually healthy to ask questions?

It's borderline fucking cult on here with some of you I swear, if people aren't spitting rainbows out of their arseholes 24/7 they are immediately negative.

I also love how you lot always ignore any positive contributions posters make and constantly hone in on anything you consider to be negative?

Some of you lot need to seriously take a long hard look in the mirror about what "negativity" really is because, in my mind negativity is constantly derailing threads and never contributing to the discussion and instead just calling other posters negative, moaning about other posters and just whining like a bunch of spineless pussies that can't that an opposing opinion because it hurts their feelings and gets in the way of what they consider to be a "positive" environment.

Let's all just hold hands, dance around a campfire and never say anything whatsoever about the club that could be considered critical.

What ever you are or aren't "spitting rainbows out of their arseholes 24/7" Was a beautiful beautiful line, pure fucking poetry.

I genuinely can't see how someone can call themselves a fan of anything when they're so negative about it and only look for the bad stuff. Where's the enjoyment in that?

Back
Top Bottom