What was the first game you went to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wet Spam away, 8th September 1973. We won 1-0 & my boyhood hero scored, Martin Chivers. First time at the Lane was against Everton, 30th March 1974, lost 2-0 with John Connolly & Bob Latchford scoring. I thought White Hart Lane looked huge, then again, everything does when you're 8 years old ! Used to go with my older brother a couple of times a season & then with a couple of mates who lived locally to me, I started going to games more often in the Second division season onwards

31st December 1988 - Tottenham vs Newcastle - was 11 years old

Went with a mate and his Dad.

Interesting fact: He got us tickets in the west stand away from all the riff-raff but Kenny Sansom was playing for Newcastle then and once the game started 2 boneheads came out of no where and starting giving Sansom serious arseholes - (this was the 1st time for me experiencing abuse of players and then thinking,actually they're right - Samson is a Cunt) highly amusing for us, the dad on the other hand wasn't impressed

:sonlol:

31st December 1988 - Tottenham vs Newcastle - was 11 years old

Went with a mate and his Dad.

Interesting fact: He got us tickets in the west stand away from all the riff-raff but Kenny Sansom was playing for Newcastle then and once the game started 2 boneheads came out of no where and starting giving Sansom serious arseholes - (this was the 1st time for me experiencing abuse of players and then thinking,actually they're right - Samson is a Cunt) highly amusing for us, the dad on the other hand wasn't impressed

:sonlol:
"If Sansom plays for England so can I"

Newcastle at home 2-0 in 1998 I think, was only 7 years old at the time and about 8 rows back in the Park Lane so couldn't see a thing for most of the match!

Not the earliest on here but I was quite young and my Cousin who was a few years older took me and we sat near the front in the Park Lane. Standing terrace underneath in those days. Early on we got a corner and Maurice Norman went up and I turned to my cousin who was not a supporter to tell him to watch him. The ball went straight to Norman who headed it in. We won 3-2.

Coming from the US, I've been to three home games (2 at WHL, 1 at NWHL). We didn't even score in two of them, fooking hell! But nothing will match entering the Shelf for the first time in my life, in 2012 v Wigan. Chills down my spine.

Back
Top Bottom