What was the turning point for you towards Poch?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There wasn't one, just a growing sense of despair. My brain is still in shock about all this really, although something had to give, and the drama with the players that appeared to been going on probably means he had to leave as they'd lost faith, so perhaps Levy did Poch a favour if had gone on like I did. Either way like Jose said himself, five and a half years is a good run in todays game.

Is this poorly written guff meant to be funny in some way?

(It's incredibly tough to de-cypher a lot of the crap you write but this is right up there....)
This just flew right over your head. But as the gentleman i am. It was ment to be a joke aimed at those who romanticise Mauricio Pochettinos departure.

This just flew right over your head. But as the gentleman i am. It was ment to be a joke aimed at those who romanticise Mauricio Pochettinos departure.

Spelling, punctuation and cohesive textual composition - one's friend in such an endeavour- are all feeling neglected..... Poor things. :dierpochhug:

Last edited:
The loss against Brighton was the first time I felt like it might be time for a change. Not that I think it's the right thing, or that anyone (including Mourinho) will do a better job, but I could tell a few of the players were completely out of it after that match.

I'd been willing to explain away the poor form in most matches to that point. I still believe last season's fall off was more a case of having exhausted players (because of Levy's refusal to bring in rotation options) than the coach losing the dressing room, but this season it's been obvious there's something else there.

My personal feeling is that these issues lay more with the players than they did with Poch. The lack of competent fullbacks, injuries, and a tired squad (carried over from last season, really) meant he was never going to get 100% out of this team. My opinion is that Poch should have been given the option to oversee a full rebuild, but after the last few weeks where you can tell the team is not playing for him anymore it's definitely softened the blow.

Spelling, punctuation and cohesive textual composition - one's friend on such an endeavour- are all feeling neglected..... Poor things. :dierpochhug:
It's a forum about football. I have no ambitions about winning the nobel peace prize. And West ham was put to the sword all as predicted ;)

poch for first 5 years before cl semi, was a great manager, and if he had kept up that standard, he would still be in charge, but around semi time, he changed, he just signed new 5 yr deal, and he was happy, it all looked good, but then he starts releasing comments, like if we win the cl league i will leave spurs, wtf, makes players uncertain and not sure if they want to give their all for poch anymore, ie (they should do, for the loyal fans) but footballers dont see it this way, training had no drive, poch moped around and so i heard upset lots of players, not making for a happy camp.
then he releases another statement, DONT TALK TO ME, I AM NOT IN CHARGE OF TRANSFERS, I AM ONLY THE COACH, SPEAK TO MR LEVY, moping, stroppy poch opens mouth again, and when he picks his team for the matches, he messes up, he plays players who arent good enough, in bad form, or want away, and left out players better, and eager to play, it was like he was picking a weaker team on purpose, and what about the sustitutions, so late, and unfair on subs.
then he supposedly had a big meeting with levy, and possibly joe, and levy asked him, we were doing well, and then we got some good players in, and now we are bad, whats going on poch, but i bet they really knew, they have spies all over, and hear lots of things, according to inside sources.
heres therumours going around, poch had his head turned around cl time, by another club, and he wanted this other club, but now he must get the sack, (not resign=no 12 mil) and so he did all of the above, and people saying despicable spurs, treating poch like that, after all that hes done for them, but when he was told he is getting the sack, inside he was very happy, and not sad at all, laughing all the way to the bank, and now playing it coy, for media, and ready to go to the club he was tapped for.
this is what i have learned so far, but it all fits, so he isnt looking to wreak revenge on us by signing for gooners, (they are not big enough, and not the club) and levy compensation always has lots of clauses in them, we all know this, because he doesnt need to get back at spurs, because they gave him what he wanted, THE SACK WITH 12 MILLION, and look out for the amazon behind the scenes video they have just made, its supposed to be an eye opener.
poch of first five yrs, he stays, poch of semi period onwards had to go.

Dude your posts are ridiculous, walls of text like that are completely unreadable on my mobile. Use some bloody punctuation and sentences!

Back
Top Bottom