What was the turning point for you towards Poch?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said, you defend your loser manager - but on the facts, you can't.

You loved him simply because he was appointed the manager. In 3 years time, you'll love Jose. If they appointed a wheelie bin you'd love that.

Most fans have no critical thinking. It's not their fault. They are stupid in the main.

The loser has gone and the winner has arrived.

COYS!!!!

Probably Sheff Utd to be honest, said if we couldn’t beat them it was looking pretty ropey.

Love the guy, that CL run last season will live long in the memory.

Hoping the grass will be greener with Mourinho.

I never quite crossed over to the Poch Out camp, but found it increasingly difficult to justify that stance. Seemed a tad disloyal to want him out, when he brought us on as far as he did. But there's no getting away from it, we have been awful for most of 2019. Going back, whenever we got to a final, our league form suffered, but it didn't matter if we won the damn thing. But we didn't this time, and that's on everyone involved - Poch, the players and the Board.
I cringed at his "leaving if we win the CL", I despaired over him using players that didn't want to be here and I missed his passion on the touchline. From listening to every word of his press conferences, I avoided them like the plague.
But I still wanted him to turn it around. Not to be sadly, but I wish him well for the future (hopefully with a foreign club).

Was clear early on in the season that a lot of players weren’t motivated. But he persisted picking them, for reasons only he knows.

Writing was on the wall then.

Bayern 7-2 was the night he should have gone.
History won’t forget that scoreline either. Probably more memorable than the CL final.

Was never in the poch out camp. That Everton game annoyed me though. It was like watching a spurs team of old, playing well getting ourselves in front, and just knowing that we would concede in the dying minutes.

I have always been confident but after that, i lost a little bit of that confidence in what we were trying to do.

Onwards and upwards now. COYS

It’s not about wanting Poch out. It’s not something anybody wanted but we were so bad it had to happen. 7-2 defeat then no reaction in the Brighton game. Beat a rubbish Red Star then garbage against Sheffield Utd.
It wasn’t going to get better . I read today that we were not in danger of relegation. If Watford hit a bit of form which will prob happen eventually, then clubs above will start panicking. We are only 3 above 4th bottom . Playing like this we would be right in it by Xmas . The thought of relegation would have concentrated Daniel’s mind like no other.
Sugar said the worst thing he ever had to do was sack Ardiles. Such a nice man but a nightmare as our manager.
I never thought we would go for Mourinho but he was available. I look forward to us going to Chelsean and sticking it right up them.
We support the team not the manager.
Watching Alan Nielsen’s diving header at Wembley I didn’t care who was manager.

The guy was a stone cold loser. From the beginning you could see he had his favourites and when he didn't like a player he simply froze them out. He was no man manager.

He had the greatest chance ever to win the league and he blew it. Blew umpteen finals and semi finals. Had no plan when it was going wrong.

Most of HIS buys weren't that great. He doesn't know what to do with the players he does have.

Whilst we certainly improved at first, the last year or so has been terrible. We would have been in real danger of relegation if he wasn't sacked.

I've been saying Poch out for years. I said we'd never win anything under him. I always wanted Jose.

It's a curse to always be right, but I live with it.

Our time has come. Cometh the hour cometh the man. We have one of the best managers in the WORLD.

This is the big time.

Not a fan then!

Umpteen finals. Must have been in one of my catatonic states. What competitions?

It’s not about wanting Poch out. It’s not something anybody wanted but we were so bad it had to happen. 7-2 defeat then no reaction in the Brighton game. Beat a rubbish Red Star then garbage against Sheffield Utd.
It wasn’t going to get better . I read today that we were not in danger of relegation. If Watford hit a bit of form which will prob happen eventually, then clubs above will start panicking. We are only 3 above 4th bottom . Playing like this we would be right in it by Xmas . The thought of relegation would have concentrated Daniel’s mind like no other.
Sugar said the worst thing he ever had to do was sack Ardiles. Such a nice man but a nightmare as our manager.
I never thought we would go for Mourinho but he was available. I look forward to us going to Chelsean and sticking it right up them.

Mourinho ia a proven manager.

I will wait before I have something to cheer about.

The 2 - 7 reverse was one of those games or a pasting waiting to happen or both.

I actually liked George Graham but I know that puts me in a tiny minority.

The home FA Cup defeat to Palace in 2016. I knew then we would never win anything under him. The disconnect between our league form and the domestic cups was clear to see. He already had history with Southampton with this and he then followed it up by the disgrace in Dortmund.

It’s painful to look back on our many opportunities that we wasted. He very much is the heir to Biesla - the absolute nearly man.

What also disappoints is the absolute denial and refusal to accept to even discuss this. I have never seen anything like it - he received a free pass right up until September of this year.

I took a months ban on here only a few months back for simply stating that there was no hiding place for him this season.

Lots of lessons to gained from his tenure for both the club and the supporter base.

The home FA Cup defeat to Palace in 2016. I knew then we would never win anything under him.

That's quite a presumption to make.

And it is only a presumption because it's impossible to know for certain what any manager will and won't win.

Did you bet everything you had (mortgage, savings etc) on a big accumulator that Tottenham would fail to win every tournament that participated in under Pochettino?

That's quite a presumption to make.

And it is only a presumption because it's impossible to know for certain what any manager will and won't win.

Did you bet everything you had (mortgage, savings etc) on a big accumulator that Tottenham would fail to win every tournament that participated in under Pochettino?

Its not impossible to know when you have a manager that didn’t prioritise or show any regard for the domestic cup tournaments or the UEFA cup which represented our best opportunity for success. I had countless supporters level all sorts of vitriol at me for claiming this only for then the man to admit this himself. The scope for winning the league and CL was always going to be limited more so given the level of talent he had shown which was below that of the games best. It’s amazing that despite being proven right at every junction on him I’m sill getting push back from some supporters.

Was clear early on in the season that a lot of players weren’t motivated. But he persisted picking them, for reasons only he knows.

Writing was on the wall then.

Bayern 7-2 was the night he should have gone.
History won’t forget that scoreline either. Probably more memorable than the CL final.

I agree the turning point was that match for as well, the players didnt seem to care and neither did Poch.... it felt like the end of an era that night.

P.S Bayerns finishing was on another level that night.

My turning point was when he was no longer the Spurs manager...don't give two fucks now...loved the guy, he turned our club around...but now he's gone.
Mine too, I will always back the manager until Levy pulls the plug. He has the most information as to what is going on behind the scenes and so when he thinks it time for a change that's who's opinion I will trust. Reports suggest it was after the Watford game when Levy started negotiations with Jose and I reckon if we had lost that game he would have been sacked then.

Its not impossible to know when you have a manager that didn’t prioritise or show any regard for the domestic cup tournaments or the UEFA cup which represented our best opportunity for success. I had countless supporters level all sorts of vitriol at me for claiming this only for then the man to admit this himself. The scope for winning the league and CL was always going to be limited more so given the level of talent he had shown which was below that of the games best. It’s amazing that despite being proven right at every junction on him I’m sill getting push back from some supporters.

Hahahaha you wanker

You're getting pushed back because you're a twat who constantly slags the club, players, manager.

You weren't right, you were wrong. Poch was amazing for us and it's sad how things have turned out.

Poch's gone, and will go on to other great things..... you're still here and will continue to be a whiney bitch annoying the fuck out of us all..... i'm sure you'll have plenty more bans to look forward to.

This thread's not meant for the likes of me, but...

There's been no turning point for me and there never will be. Poch grabbed hold of Spurs and took us to another level. Admittedly he (and the team) seemed to run out of ideas when other clubs sussed us out, but by then we's become fully established in our position as one of the top Premiership teams.

We owe this guy a massive debt of gratitude. Without him (and Levy, to be fair) the likes of Mourinho wouldn't be interested in us.

He has given us five (or maybe four) incredible years of joy and hope.

If you know your Bible - he's Moses.

Back
Top Bottom