What was your game of the season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another season done & dusted and ending on a high but what was your stand out game, we got crucial points v Dippers, beat the champions on their patch , scraped 1-0 here and there but we also lost points when we really should not have ….swings & roundabouts I suppose but my choice away to Leicester 3-2 fuck me watching that was exhausting yet once it was over I wanted to go through it all again…..

Has to be the away win against City. We took 6 points from a team that only lost 3 matches all season.

The NLD win felt a bit hollow to be honest. With the way Woolwich played, it felt like they forfeited the match. The NLD wins I treasure are the ones we have to fight for. I'm hoping for a much better show from them next time around.

Three choices for me for different reasons:

1. Leicester away because of the absolute insanity. I don't think we will ever see another match like it, going from down a goal to up a goal that late in a PL match. I couldn't believe my eyes and I was stuck watching on my phone from my office. I will always remember that one.

2. City away because of how incredible a game it was and winning at the death was just what the doctor ordered. The fact that Harry was the man of the hour at the Eithad is a storybook ending. Fuck Craig Pawson.

3. City at home. This one won't get mentioned much in the thread because of what happened afterward but I absolutely loved it at the time. We were going into a brand new season with a manager everyone had doubts about, our talisman striker wanting to leave for them, and no one in the media believing in the entire squad. What happened next was we played out of our socks and tracked them down from minute 1 and sent them home with nothing. All this while the supporters were singing "Are you watching Harry Kane?" which at the time felt so vindicating as it surely seemed like his bags were packed. What happened next, we all know the answers to now, but I do remember the feeling that day and it was glorious.

Three choices for me for different reasons:

1. Leicester away because of the absolute insanity. I don't think we will ever see another match like it, going from down a goal to up a goal that late in a PL match. I couldn't believe my eyes and I was stuck watching on my phone from my office. I will always remember that one.

2. City away because of how incredible a game it was and winning at the death was just what the doctor ordered. The fact that Harry was the man of the hour at the Eithad is a storybook ending. Fuck Craig Pawson.

3. City at home. This one won't get mentioned much in the thread because of what happened afterward but I absolutely loved it at the time. We were going into a brand new season with a manager everyone had doubts about, our talisman striker wanting to leave for them, and no one in the media believing in the entire squad. What happened next was we played out of our socks and tracked them down from minute 1 and sent them home with nothing. All this while the supporters were singing "Are you watching Harry Kane?" which at the time felt so vindicating as it surely seemed like his bags were packed. What happened next, we all know the answers to now, but I do remember the feeling that day and it was glorious.

City home game was a great one having spent the summer hearing how Kane was on his way there

Theres been some good games but Leicester away, best game of the season without a doubt for me.

Nothing can beat late last minute goals to win a game 👌🏼

I went absolutely bonkers.

COYS

Leicester away for me. Wish I went to that. Hope one day we send them down. They're in trouble imo when vardy retires. However humiliating the gooners at home was on par with that. Amazing atmosphere. City away was good as well.

NLD for me. It was delicious. It broke them into tiny little pieces. They weren't thrashed, they were destroyed, as much by the fans as by the players. It was the game that got us 4th spot and everything that comes with it.

Leicester away was the best moment. But we were poor for the majority of the game and I wouldn’t say it was entertaining outside of the last minutes.

City away was a more entertaining and emotional 90 minutes so it gets my vote.

Honorable mention to man United at home which may have been the most important game.

Edit: We weren’t poor vs Leicester but it was definitely a frustrating 90 until the end.

Last edited:
Leicester away was the best moment. But we were poor for the majority of the game and I wouldn’t say it was entertaining outside of the last minutes.
I thought Spurs played really well but were just unable to score until the very end. This game, City away and NLD will be games that I will remember for a long time.

Burnley (H). First time at the stadium for me and my eleven old son (from Norway). I’m late to the party, but wow! After the NLD I started to believe we actually would get 4th. In addition, while walking to Seven Sisters in the rain after the game my son realised he is Spurs and not united, pool or Woolwich as most of his friends.

Burnley (H). First time at the stadium for me and my eleven old son (from Norway). I’m late to the party, but wow! After the NLD I started to believe we actually would get 4th. In addition, while walking to Seven Sisters in the rain after the game my son realised he is Spurs and not united, pool or Woolwich as most of his friends.
That's brilliant.

City away was a more entertaining and emotional 90 minutes so it gets my vote.

Honorable mention to man United at home which may have been the most important game.
I thought we were really good and dominated the game - was even thinking we’d done enough to win and to not even get a point was a travesty - step forward Stevie B for a couple of minutes of absolute mayhem that will live long in the memory

Leicester
City away
NLD
Norwich gw38

I put the last one in because we showed that we had zero nerves. We knew we should win, and won. Didn't play anything like for a draw. Didn't play sluggish because of the sun. Didn't worry ourselves about Woolwich's result. The game felt more about getting Son the golden boot than the win, because we were that confident. For me, this proved a beautiful bridge to next season, because we finally got rid of the spursy label.

Can see us lifting a trophy next season because we got rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom