What was your game of the season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NLD home for the 'overall package' of what constitutes a great game....

The intense build up (all week) the steely determined walk up the High Road...
The arrival of THAT lot...

The songs, the Atmos, the flares, the TIFO...

...and then the game itself:

90 minutes of pure, unadulterated hatred, channelled the right way with no glaring errors (from us, anyway) glorious football, a crackling atmosphere for 90+ minutes.
A complete footballing anhilation from start to finish... and total deconstruction of their club from top to bottom!

What's not to like?
Plus I was there... Which helped!

Leiectser away was, as a few have pointed out, 'only' memorable for ONE MAD MINUTE... the 93 that went before were a bit mixed!

Man City away was EXACTLY what we should aspire to do year in, year out... and for it to be worth something, can't just feel like a 'one off'.
The fact we seem to be their bogey team can only be a good thing in the next few years.... Yes, they'll beat us 'eventually' ...but we're already in their heads.... Which is the first part of the battle won!

I actually loved Everton & Newcastle at home... Not just the goals, but the 'we can DO this' feeling of sweeping all before us was still there... Before the Brighton/Brentford wobble... Thankfully, we steadied the ship in time.

Fave NON Spurs game this season... Newcastle v AFTV™ ...Just cos we KNEW it was on!

Last edited:
It's hard to choose just one.

Leicester away, we battered them yet found ourselves 2-1 down in added time. To come back and win that began to show the effect Conte was having on the players.

City away. We took 6 points off the champions, who only lost 3 games all season. That's mad. What's even madder is we deserved both wins, similar to how we deserved to beat Liverpool twice this season as well. Under previous managers, when it went 2-2, we'd have folded or we'd have just sat in, but again the Conte effect took control.

Leeds away is the final one. That was a banana skin, considering the result away at Burnley, playing at Elland Road against a hostile crowd. We put them to the sword in the first half.

Man City away was EXACTLY what we should aspire to do year in, year out... and for it to be worth something, can't just feel like a 'one off'.
Both games against Man City this season will stay with me forever irrespective of what happens in the future. No one gave us a chance in the first game (including a significant portion of our own fanbase) and had pretty much written our whole season off before it had even started. I didn't. I knew we had to do something to put Man City in their place. If they were going to take our best talent of a generation, they were going to have a bloody nose and a fat lip to show for it. The match was also a statement of intent for Son as he showed he was more than ready to be our star man in Kane's absence.

And the Kane-inspired 3-2 win at the Etihad was the icing on the cake.

The home NLD and city away.

But special mention to the Geordies...

Pissing on Newcastle's new owner parade (3-2, away) then giving them a 5-1 pasting at home. Then they go on to take a decisive 3 points off Woolwich to hand us 4th place.

Considering it started (before a ball was kicked) as such a shitty, depressing season, we've been spoilt for choice with good games.

Beating City twice. The ding dong with Liverpool at the Lane. The ludicrous come back against Leicester away. Blitzing Woolwich Wonderers to cut the gap before passing them. I can't choose.

I'd also echo that getting hammered by a poor Man United side was fucking golden. If we won that, I'm certain they'd have sacked OGS and appointed Conte. And we'd have finished 12th and Nuno would be saying "we made you proud"

It should be liecester away a Hereoic comeback and to beat those happy clappy divs in such heart rendering fasion at their place was very special. But I am going to go for the home win NLD.

The club was literally spiritually reborn. The stadium became our home. It was nerve tingling how emense the whole crowd was. The cowards thought they were special and pulled a trick on us. Well they ended up looking like a bunch of cunts.

So the NLD it is, for religious reasons alone.

I kind of expected us to beat Woolwich at home and also beat City, just a feeling we would. That being said they where great performances. Leicester we where the better team but there was an element of luck.

I think the Liverpool game for me, we should have won it and there was something hard about us I haven’t seen since the season we played at the old white hart Lane for the last time and came 2nd. Yes we defended mostly but we had threat and Liverpool looked worried. To me that game said back Conte and get him the players he wants because he can make us great like Klopp and Pep have done with their teams. It felt like a turning point for this team.

Going to have to say the home NLD because we fucking ruined them on the pitch, in the stands, and apparently out of the ground too......

Special mentions to games like Liverpool away, the two city games, and the leicester game of course.

Back
Top Bottom