What was your game of the season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NLD

But City away was good....... It's nice to think that Spurs were responsible for two thirds of City's losses in the league this season.

Son lives rent free inside Pep's head.

That has to be Leicester for me, the closest game to extatic state caused by Lucas and Ajax. Battering Woolwich was more like reveling in their pain, awesome feeling, but not that unexpected spike of pure joy.

Citeh away was remarkable but we failed in the next game so things got equaled out.
So tbe NLD at home gets my vote. Its been a while since the team and fans as one were up for it and that night we were.
We absolutely battered them on and off the pitch and believe me, that result we resonate with their team and fans for some time. Traumatised them.

I can only comment on the games I actually attended and that has to be the game against the goons. I don't think I have ever known such a hostile atmosphere against the opposition, and there is no doubt that it rattled them, on the night and it still affected them against Newcastle, which smoothed the path to CL.
I get why the Man City and Leicester games are getting votes, but for me the NLD, the first before a full house in the stadium and what it meant gets my vote.

I enjoyed the pikeys at home in the league, we finished their season for them on that day. Gooners game super and the shieks away with our extra time winner standing next to the dividing line was good.

Despite the result for me it was Liverpool at home. The absolute glut of chances against a team like was ridiculous. First time since Poch that we were ripping their back line to shreds.

City A
NLD
Leicester A

Yup ditto and in that order.

1. Team & individual performance(s), Late drama, beating 'the best team evar' > King Kong vibes.
2. The deep emotional gratification of humiliating your most hated rivals.
3. Insane..... Pure football emotion with added flashback to Amsterdam.

Honorable mentions:

- Sonny's 2nd goal at Norwich > Christmas vibes.
- City at home > That atmos!!!
- Both Dippers games > Deserved a win in at least one of the two.
- 12 goals in 3 games > Villa, NuCastle & Wham

Pretty incredible season of great games now that I think about it.

In most seasons we’d be lucky to have one as good as the NLD (H), City (A/H), and Leicester (A). Games I’ll genuinely never forget.

I think probably only the UCL final season would come close to matching it in my time supporting Spurs.

Bunch of great ones to choose from this season. I’d have to go with Leicester Away as well, photo finish against the NLD and City match.

I Dont Know GIF by Paramount Network

Leicester away for me. Wish I went to that. Hope one day we send them down. They're in trouble imo when vardy retires. However humiliating the gooners at home was on par with that. Amazing atmosphere. City away was good as well.
Vardy wont be able to afford to retire for a while...a big legal bill to settle.

Like everyone mentioned the two City games and Leicester. I’ll also throw out there the 3-1 win over West Ham.

The crowd giving it to Zouma and then his own goal. Then Sonny with two goals. Felt good to beat them when they thought they were becoming a top team.

I can only comment on the games I actually attended and that has to be the game against the goons. I don't think I have ever known such a hostile atmosphere against the opposition, and there is no doubt that it rattled them, on the night and it still affected them against Newcastle, which smoothed the path to CL.
I get why the Man City and Leicester games are getting votes, but for me the NLD, the first before a full house in the stadium and what it meant gets my vote.
I think as well, the ability to stroke the ball around them for an hour and make them run while we coasted through tired them out while we effectively had a training session in front of 60,000. We could have easily tried to win by 6 or 7 in that game but Conte was clever to adjust the style and coast through it - I would also be willing to bet if we spanked them by that much they’d have had a reaction against Newcastle.

Has to be NLD in front of a record crowd for New WHL even full houses of 36,000 at Old Lane couldn't match the atmosphere that night, the result has to make it No 1 . Gary Neville must have been to more matches & stadiums than most on TV commentary even he thought it was the best atmosphere he had experienced this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom