What will ultimately be Mourinho's "1st XI"?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Lucas will eventually fall out of the starting XI because he is very limited technically. He hurts our buildup.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Winks Dier
Lo Celso Dele Son
Kane

I think that after a few weeks this will be our starting XI. NDombele needs time to adapt to playing in the centre at this level, his physique and stamina are not there yet.

Think it’s wasteful to have GLC play on a wing. To get the best of him, he needs to play centrally.

Think José will finally bring some width into this team. Right now those options are Son, Lucas, Sess.

I know it’s social media so pinch of salt and all that, but Toby really does seem to want to commit to the club. He’ll probably end up signing.

Because nobody else is going to pay him, he's a busted flush. He's been straight up terrible for going on a season and a half now, it's not coming back. The injuries have ruined him.

It will definitely be interesting to see moving forward. Don’t have many compliments about the way we lined up against West Ham. Winks looked very good, Picked some nice forward passes. Have to think Ndombele and Lo Celso are involved someway. Everyone who stepped on the pitch seemed to give a little something extra yesterday, except Ericksen. I’d say he gets a few more chances off the bench before he’s exiled.

I think Lucas will eventually fall out of the starting XI because he is very limited technically. He hurts our buildup.

Lloris
Winks Dier
Lo Celso Dele Son
Kane

I think that after a few weeks this will be our starting XI. NDombele needs time to adapt to playing in the centre at this level, his physique and stamina are not there yet.

I think we'll see the squad fully utilised based on who is in form and who we are playing.

Lucas, Dele, Son with Kane up top could easily and should have seen us 4-0 up away from home had it not been for Lucas completely forgetting how to shoot. I think we have a very diverse squad, one that offers a whole range of different options but there will be a fall guy and I think it might end up being one of the new boys Ndombele or Lo Celso. Both are great but I don't know if they will start as many games as they would have hoped which might start to cause issues.

Ndombele's biggest asset I can see becoming a burden in Mourinho team. I don't see him being allowed to be as free with his running as he would like and my gut tells me he could have issues with that as Jose loves a regimented CM unit. I hope I'm wrong as I rate Tanguy but it really didn't surprise me to see Winks and Dier starting, even if this was down to injuries etc.

Both are steady, both are fine with not having any glory moments and both will listen to him.

Lo Celso I see offering more due to his diversity being able to fill in for Winks, Lucas or Dele. Sissoko will probably become an impact player where he can offer phyisical aspects and counter attacking when we are maybe sitting back on a 1-0 late on.

The boys have 5-6 games before Jose goes to Levy with his breakdown of what he requires. Let's see who has the professionalism and diligence tactically to assure him that they have the discipline to have a future with us.

Lloris
Winks Dier
Lo Celso Dele Son
Kane

Question not exclusive to you, but why GLC as a wide player?

I think Dele, Son, Moura, GLC can all rotate as internationals, form, and injuries dictate. Still excited about GLC.

I'm curious to see how Jose will play Winks, Ndom, Dier, Sissoko and Skipp. I think Ndom and Dier to start with Skipp/Sissoko to come on to protect a lead (rather than chase one) for a tired Ndom and Winks to rotate in as form/injuries dictate.

I'm really excited to see where and how Sess fits in.

Two things.

Deir is going to have to stop giving the ball away to stand a chance of staying in this team. I know its early days and a good run may help him.
Where does GLC fit in? I have seen suggestions of DM, AM, winger and the number 10 role so far in this thread. If he cant nail down a position it could be tricky for him.

Two things.

Deir is going to have to stop giving the ball away to stand a chance of staying in this team. I know its early days and a good run may help him.
Where does GLC fit in? I have seen suggestions of DM, AM, winger and the number 10 role so far in this thread. If he cant nail down a position it could be tricky for him.

It won't be DM that's for sure..... Don't think he s quick enough to warrant playing wide either.

CAM or CM8.

Lamela is aggressive, and hard working so I think he might survive, but with limited playing time. The rest, I agree. Jose can sell some players, including Hugo and generate more funds to spend.
Funny, I keep thinking that Lamela could shine and really find a place under Mourinho. He has always liked players with a little extra grit to them.

Because nobody else is going to pay him, he's a busted flush. He's been straight up terrible for going on a season and a half now, it's not coming back. The injuries have ruined him.

He’s still better than Sanchez imv

A liability who doesn’t learn from his mistakes

Dont see GLC getting much of a kick. Jose likes pace on the counter, son moura sess offer that. Dele is his new love child at 10. I cant see us taking up the option to buy him, especially as I think Fernandes will come in aswell

I have a strong feeling that sess will eventually become a main stay of our 11 ousting moura. Just simply because he has the passing ability to keep up with dele Kane and son.

I have a strong feeling that sess will eventually become a main stay of our 11 ousting moura. Just simply because he has the passing ability to keep up with dele Kane and son.
I would agree with that, love Lucas and I'm more than happy to see him given a chance, but I think you need more off the ball than he provides and his game has so far seemed fairly one dimensional. Hope he proves me wrong, Sessegnon may not anything more either but we can hope he does.

Pretty much that, though I wouldn’t rule out Lloris getting his place back, Walker-Peters or Foyth taking the RB position, and possibly Lo Celso or Lamela competing with Moura. Possibly Sessegnon instead of Davies.

I actually rate Aurier, but just see him as too hot-headed. Lloris would probably be a good fit for a tactical approach that doesn’t rely on a keeper being able to pass a ball. I love Moura and would be happy for him to be a regular starter, but he’s the most likely to lose out against Dele and Son.

Sessegnon could be the one that really misses out. I really rate him and think he was a massive signing, but he fits the wing-back formation more than a flat back four. Maybe with Foyth at RB and Dier as a DM there’s more flexibility to allow Sessegnon to roam forward, but that doesn’t seem to be Mourinho’s style
He wanted Sessegnon at Utd and has already said he is delighted to get the chance to work with him.

Back
Top Bottom