What would you rather have won?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you rather of won?

• Premier League 2016/17

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Champions League 2018/19

Votes: 37 51.4%

• Total voters
Two massive trophies which we came so close to winning - both still haunt me that we were actually so close, but what would you rather have won?

To me it's really hard - you've got:

The Premier League, haven't won it since 61. Our last season at WHL, our best team in my lifetime, would have pipped a Chelsea team full of wankers to the title after the Battle of the Bridge the season before, winning it over 38 games rather than a few cup games

OR

The Champions League, the biggest prize in club football, we've never won it, the manner of the run with the Ajax and City games, Pochettino's final season, a one off game to win it so you get that big celebration, only a few weeks after moving into the new stadium, beating Liverpool in the final, the Poch era finishing with the trophy he and that squad littered with club icons such as Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alderweireld etc deserved, Woolwich have never won it and lost in a UEL final a few days before

To me it is on a knife edge but I think I have to go Prem - thoughts?

With that truly stirring backs-to-the-wall run up to the CL final, I'd have to pick that but only by a hair. Sigh, what could've been :pochcry:
I'm actually starting to change my mind, the previous disappointment of 16/17 probably would have made 18/19 even more special. Still fuming we didn't even get to even enjoy the experience of being in a CL final properly because we conceded a pen (that looking back shouldn't have been a penalty) 20 seconds in.

Premier League for me, because that team at that point was ten times better than it was when we got to the CL final.

I was still in love with the whole era back then, where as by 2019 I had a lot of negativity towards a few players and Poch. The poison had already set in.

I think 2016 would have been one of those legendary PL winning teams, considered one of the best in this country’s history.
“Pochs Spurs“ would have been talked about for decades, even rivals would have to concede we was one of those teams, where as most people last year would have just said we were shit and didn’t deserve it.

No idea what that’s about

U3swu3h.jpg

I think the PL would have been bigger for our long term success.

The CL always felt like a strange run. We were almost out so many times. That season in the league though, we were fucking brilliant. Just lost out bottle near the end.

Champions league just pips it for me. Even though we've not won the league since god was a lad, we have actually WON it. Champions league would have completed the set of every major trophy won and major European recognition. Also Woolwich have never won it and likely never will, so we'd always have that against those cunts.

CL every time. I'd have loved that final game to be a crazy high score rollercoaster in keeping with the battle both teams had had to get there and then we grab the winning goal near the end again. Unfortunately we got a boring, burnt-out final.

CL is more glitzy, but league means much more to me... Bread & butter.... Consistent excellence rather than riding a wave of a cup run.....

Look at how little it meant to Liverpool the year they beat us.... They got so little kudos; it was surreal.

Back
Top Bottom