What would you rather have won?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you rather of won?

• Premier League 2016/17

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Champions League 2018/19

Votes: 37 51.4%

• Total voters
I wouldn't swap the best training ground trophy or moral premier league champions trophy for any other silverware in world football

I voted Champions League, but it was a very tough decision. The team from 2016-17 was obviously better than the team that got to the CL final in 2018-19. As sammyspurs sammyspurs says that team would have been talked about for years as one of the teams in PL history - if we had won the CL after the run in 2018-19 the narrative would have been we were shit and didn't deserve it.

I give it to CL though because: i) it's the bigger prize; ii) every player really wants to win it; iii) bragging rights - Woolwich have never won it, nor Man City, and you could argue Man United over the years have under-performed. It would raise us a notch as a club.

Much enjoyed reading the thread btw, even the wind-up comments. I do think though we were 90 mins away from a CL trophy, but the season we finished league runners-up it was never really that close: even with our amazing end of season form Chelsea still won the league fairly comfortably, not as if it was by a point or two.

Firstly had we won either trophy I'd have lived the rest of my life with a beaming smile. I personally would rather have a Premier League title as it would signify we were the absolute best in England, where Champions League is a cup. As for the 2 scenarios I personally felt we were the best team in the league when we came second, our goal difference showed our dominance and we deserved something to show for it. The Champions League would have been amazing but we had a lot of luck and were pretty poor in the league in 2019. I can see why people would prefer the Champions League, my best mate and brother both said they would as it's the pinnacle of club football, but personally I want the league slightly more.

I think the current 50/50 is a fair result, as they'd be worth almost the same in my mind. I struggled to choose but plumped for CL for the sheer glory. Plus we've won the English league before but never the European Cup.
Just think how Liverpool (pre - 2019),and even Forest and Villa fans still brag and reminisce about winning the biggest prize in club football.

It's incredibly close though, that 16/17 team was wonderful, Dembele, Lloris, Eriksen, the Belgians and the wing backs at their peaks. Sonny finding his true form, Wanyama in his one great season, Kane an absolute beast of a goalscorer. Just needed a tad more savviness and experience we'd have ground out some more points and won the league.

Not gonna win either anytime soon with current crop. No good trying to buy cheap players for less than their value either. Until spurs spend like the Mancs do they won't win a thing !

Not gonna win either anytime soon with current crop. No good trying to buy cheap players for less than their value either. Until spurs spend like the Mancs do they won't win a thing !
Woolwich haven't spent like than Mancs. They're 20 minutes away from being the FA Cup winners yet again.

Last edited:
Arteta about to win a trophy in half a year of managing.
Is this really their 3rd cup since we’ve been “better” than them?
Kind of takes the shine off finishing above them when they keep winning FA cups. Wasn’t that our trophy once?

Arteta about to win a trophy in half a year of managing.
Is this really their 3rd cup since we’ve been “better” than them?
Kind of takes the shine off finishing above them when they keep winning FA cups. Wasn’t that our trophy once?
If we had been in the final tonight the team would have found a way to lose it anyway.
😁
Gooners will be all over us now spurs can't win fuck all and it's true.

Last edited:
What hurts in particular is the totally pathetic nature of the defeat to Norwich. No excuse for playing Vorm, for not continuing to attack, for losing to one of the worst teams ever to grace the Premier League.

If we had been in the final tonight the team wouldn't have found a way to lose it anyway.
😁
Gooners will be all over us now spurs can't win fuck all and it's true.
Well how can we? We have a set of players who spent five years under a manager who’s attitude towards this cup was “where are Wigan now”......just an ego isn’t it?

Well a shit Woolwich team are now three FA Cups better off since he came and left.
At least we lost the big one though eh, blinding...

Back
Top Bottom