Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am just sick and tired of hearing Poch open his mouth. It is never constructive or forward thinking.

I want to here him saying things like "we are going to bringing in some new ways of training" or "I am at fault for what is happening and will be examining how I operate the team".

Instead it is a bunch of blaming and remembering what didn't happen or what could have happened.

The thing is, it’s been frustrating being so close to success, especially the CL final, but the prudence Levy has used in running the club in the last decade has us on a very sound financial footing and I expect us to reap the rewards of that in years to come. The lack of investment hasn’t helped in the short term, but I really do think it has placed the club in a far more stable position. We’re not like Citeh who have gone gung-ho.
Be interesting to see what happens over there when the Arabs get bored of their little game.

The thing is, it’s been frustrating being so close to success, especially the CL final, but the prudence Levy has used in running the club in the last decade has us on a very sound financial footing and I expect us to reap the rewards of that in years to come. The lack of investment hasn’t helped in the short term, but I really do think it has placed the club in a far more stable position. We’re not like Citeh who have gone gung-ho.
Be interesting to see what happens over there when the Arabs get bored of their little game.
I don't see the arabs getting bored, it's not what they tend to.
Just interested to know what you mean by reaping the rewards of that sound financial footing that levy supposedly has us on...
I see it being the same as it always has been with him, a lack of investment and ambition to actually compete. It takes guts and money as a basic necessity nowadays, as well as the right people in charge of the team. Wondering if you think levy will begin to spend and run this club like a big club should be run, just like all the others do. I believe he will not, this sound financial footing will mean nothing. If you do not compete with the big clubs both on and off the field then you will never be able to challenge them or beat them, levy has no interest in any of this imo

I don't see the arabs getting bored, it's not what they tend to.
Just interested to know what you mean by reaping the rewards of that sound financial footing that levy supposedly has us on...
I see it being the same as it always has been with him, a lack of investment and ambition to actually compete. It takes guts and money as a basic necessity nowadays, as well as the right people in charge of the team. Wondering if you think levy will begin to spend and run this club like a big club should be run, just like all the others do. I believe he will not, this sound financial footing will mean nothing. If you do not compete with the big clubs both on and off the field then you will never be able to challenge them or beat them, levy has no interest in any of this imo
I’m sure you would agree with me the investment in the new stadium and training centre will benefit the club positively in the long-run.
Also, we spent £100m in the summer. That’s not a small amount of money. We have broken our transfer record 3 times in the last 3 years. That’s not insignificant.
I totally get where you’re coming from mate. I’m dissatisfied that despite similar potential and infrastructure we aren’t challenging at the top.
Perhaps I am simply clinging onto a more optimistic view to cheer me up. Perhaps yours is more realistic. There is definite evidence there of greater intention, although perhaps not as ambitious as it should be.
Appreciate the response 👍🏻

We’re missing the magic of Dembele. The guy you could pass to when under pressure playing out. He was outstanding at keeping the ball, turning teams driving up field. We’ve got guys who can drive up field, but not ones with ball magnets for feet.

I’m sure you would agree with me the investment in the new stadium and training centre will benefit the club positively in the long-run.
Also, we spent £100m in the summer. That’s not a small amount of money. We have broken our transfer record 3 times in the last 3 years. That’s not insignificant.
I totally get where you’re coming from mate. I’m dissatisfied that despite similar potential and infrastructure we aren’t challenging at the top.
Perhaps I am simply clinging onto a more optimistic view to cheer me up. Perhaps yours is more realistic. There is definite evidence there of greater intention, although perhaps not as ambitious as it should be.
Appreciate the response 👍🏻
Good points mate, perhaps I should have a more optimistic view like you.
I think Leicester are the club that are really making us look bad, league title and some good investment.. if they can do it so should we be able to at least invest and improve yearly without fear of it all falling apart like this season.
Or god forbid having to restart all over again every time a manager leaves, Leicester do not do that either they have a club structure they believe in and I'd he manager is not performing as expected they change just him and everything else stays as is but with a new voice and slight change of tactics or approach ....when written down this does not seem like rocket science does it ?

We’re missing the magic of Dembele. The guy you could pass to when under pressure playing out. He was outstanding at keeping the ball, turning teams driving up field. We’ve got guys who can drive up field, but not ones with ball magnets for feet.

He also was a rock in front of the back 4.

God I miss the Moose :dembelewtf:

It does not bother me that we did not sign him. I think there is a strong possibility that Poch has the hump over our summer dealings. What's of particular interest to me is the timing of this newspaper report.
He does have the hump I'm sure, what are your thoughts on the timing?

Sound financial footing. Needs to be barred list of sentences.

The blame game in full flow before the swinging of the big axe?
I think thats wishful thinking, he won't be axed unless we're in a relegation battle possibly. I think it was said as a distraction, take the pressure off the players.

You think someone in Poch's camp leaked that story to take the pressure off the players?
Leaked no, because it wasn't something that was was said privately, but I do think it was said to take pressure off the players and on to the board.

He does the carrot and the stick, this was the stick when the press turn their attention to Levy, he'll bring out the carrot, he'll say Levy loves the club, works very hard, blah blah blah.

The guy is smart.

Back
Top Bottom