What's Wrong With Scott Parker?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scott Parker's form has dipped the past few months and with his so has ours. Earlier in the season Parker was a force in the middle of the park making all the right tackles and winning every ball there was to win. My question is, what do you think is wrong with him? Is it age? Is he carrying a knock we don't know about? Or is Harry's lack of rotation finally starting to bite us in the rear?

Perhaps it is a little of each but I would have to lean towards our lack of rotation and his age being the problem. We put too many miles on those legs early in the year and now he's got no energy left to give.

What do you think?

I wouldnt be suprised if he was carrying a knock, he doesnt seem to be playing with the same intensity as earlier in the season.

I dont think he's getting as much help in there anymore, Lennon for example chases back a hell of a lot. Giving Bale a free role leaves gaps as well.

I reckon Wenger has threatened his kids... "Start playing average, or I vill rape your children...
Oh Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeldren... sweeeeeeeeeeties!"

But in the real world he's probably punched above his weight for 7 months and has only just realised his limitations...

yesterday was his worst for us for for sure and he was poor at the caravan site too but its just a dip. I dont think he is tired. He hasn't really played a lot of games this season and I struggle to accept professional players get too tired to play football. But I do accept that Redknapp doesn't utilise rotation enough but then again Sandro has only just returned and looks iffy and Hudd has been out for the season so we didn't have cover for him anyway.

He'll be back.

Im not sure I buy the burn out thing, hes only played about 27-28 games with nice breaks in between. He's played no Europa or Carling cup, the likes of Walker, Benny and Modric have all played more I would have thought.

Then again, maybe it is considering the way he plays

Dru said:
Im not sure I buy the burn out thing, hes only played about 27-28 games with nice breaks in between. He's played no Europa or Carling cup, the likes of Walker, Benny and Modric have all played more I would have thought.

Then again, maybe it is considering the way he plays

plus he's into his 30's and at the intensity he plays at, if he's carrying a knock or just tired its going to have a massive impact

Parker is also playing for England so doesn't get a rest during international breaks. The way he plays he runs himself into the ground so its bound to take effect.

Parker didn't play that many games in row ever in his carrier (club and country). It is expected, at least to me, that a 30+ years old player physically and mentally cannot maintain desired/expected high level of play in all these performances. Too bad that Harry doesn’t see it and use Sandro and Jack L. more often, especially against teams who base their game on huff-in-the-box balls. I’m not an ITK but just afraid I’ll see Sandro next year in AC Milan shirt or some other Italian giant, because if I’d be him, I’d do just that – leave.

I apologize for wasting the space. I should have read all previous comments and avoid repeating the same point after them...:(

I think Sandro's quality, would be much happier to see rotation in there.

Also it seems Parker's been roaming a bit recently. Earlier in the season he'd put in a crunching tackle to win the ball, then play a 5yd pass to Modric who'd work his magic. The last few games he seems to have started running with it, which means when the opposition inevitably counter-attacks he isn't playing that classic anchorman role which he does so well.

Abbey Yid said:
I think Sandro's quality, would be much happier to see rotation in there.

Also it seems Parker's been roaming a bit recently. Earlier in the season he'd put in a crunching tackle to win the ball, then play a 5yd pass to Modric who'd work his magic. The last few games he seems to have started running with it, which means when the opposition inevitably counter-attacks he isn't playing that classic anchorman role which he does so well.
this is probably the main reason for our dip in form, we're out of balance when we do lose the ball... with Scotty roaming we're basically left exposed with two at the back as both our FB's are up at or inside the oposition 18y box...

Earlier in the season he was playing within his limitations - he's trying to do too much now

just needs to go back to the simple quick passing and closing down of the opposition

Back
Top Bottom