What's Wrong With Scott Parker?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tehTrunk said:
Think Sandro is a bit over rated personally.

Still young of course, and has a lot of promise, but still...over rated...
We're Spurs, that's what we do. :niko:

He has a lot of promise but it still pretty erratic, Redknapp should be giving him more playing time with Parker looking jaded.

tehTrunk said:
Think Sandro is a bit over rated personally.

Still young of course, and has a lot of promise, but still...over rated...

He's another that needs to be 100% fit to play well - injuries and a lack of playing time have held him back this season

Thought Sandro played alright yesterday, and at least offered a BIT of rigidity in the middle to allow Modric & VdV (and Bale when he roamed) the freedom to move/RUN around a bit!!

Dunno if packing CM with Sandro, Parker AND Modric would work in every game, but for yesterday, as a one off, it seemed to work.
Pity Ade's instinct has suddenly deserted him, we've never really been a team who score regularly from 'one-on-ones'... and VdV's was bordering on unacceptable (if i'm being really harsh)

I look at it like this; if you just see the result, you wouldn;t be TOO disappointed, it's simply the manner in which that draw was achieved that annoys me... superior possession and several clear-cut chances gave us our best opportunity to beat them there since Hossam Ghaly put us 3-1 up, only for us to spontaneously combust in the 2nd half!

:parker: Thought he had a good game yesterday? I think when he needs to step up he does so, (Woolwich game aside) i'm alot more worried about Kaboul at the moment, beast in the air but on the floor he is looking a bit clumsy recent months :kaboul:

we've never really been a team who score regularly from 'one-on-ones'... and VdV's was bordering on unacceptable (if i'm being really harsh)
Think that was more down to blind luck by Chelsea rather than VdV botching it. He got two great shots on goal, and both were blocked by Cech and two defenders throwing themselves like ragdolls in front of the ball. It's not like he missed an open shot on goal.

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES said:
:parker: Thought he had a good game yesterday? I think when he needs to step up he does so, (Woolwich game aside) i'm alot more worried about Kaboul at the moment, beast in the air but on the floor he is looking a bit clumsy recent months :kaboul:

Parker was much better yesterday. Saved our bacon a few times making plays on the ball as one of the last men back. As was mentioned earlier in this thread he plays better in the anchor man role and that's the style he played yesterday. Let's hope he keeps it up!

he has started to think he is more than what he actually is IMO - he was a beast when he stuck to protecting the back four and getting stuck in to the opposition in the middle of the park. once the hype grew he thought he was a world beater and started to trying and play a more advanced role, this coincided with his dip in form as he got found out to be rather limited the further forward he went.

great player but needs to know his limitations, nothing to do with burn out IMHO

I don't think that's true at all, first game against wolves, he was forward a fair bit too. I think he's tired, and he ought to be, he runs around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom