When are we going home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First game will be played

• August

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • September

Votes: 61 30.0%
  • October

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • November

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • December

Votes: 13 6.4%

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Season 2019-20

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters

That's just quotes from the Daily Mail .... Spurs already have an agreement with Wembley for the whole of the 2018/9 season, under the agreement Spurs could play a maximum 35 games, as this is a fall-back position the fixture dates were to be agreed as needed, this arrangement was also approved by the local council ....

Daily Fail just going for click-bate headlines .... until the ground receives safety certificates, and holds test events, the club cannot provide any more definitive fixture information ... made that mistake once already no way they will do it again ... the Daily Fail can speculate all it wants, they are clueless ....

It will be 2019.

People I know who are working there say the same thing.

Problem they have now is that the back quarter of the year is the busiest time of the year, so it’s difficult to just throw time and people at it, as everyone is working at maximum capacity anyway.

Wait and see I guess. I’m now basing my expectations pretty low so I can only be happy whenever we get back there.

That's just quotes from the Daily Mail .... Spurs already have an agreement with Wembley for the whole of the 2018/9 season, under the agreement Spurs could play a maximum 35 games, as this is a fall-back position the fixture dates were to be agreed as needed, this arrangement was also approved by the local council ....

Daily Fail just going for click-bate headlines .... until the ground receives safety certificates, and holds test events, the club cannot provide any more definitive fixture information ... made that mistake once already no way they will do it again ... the Daily Fail can speculate all it wants, they are clueless ....
Mate you've been consistently wrong on this all along. With your imaginary contacts in the ticket office. Tottenham and mace have over promised and under delivered and it was obvious it wasn't going to be ready. Those with construction backgrounds who would say this where most often shot down as traitors to the club. I suggest you pipe down.

Mate you've been consistently wrong on this all along. With your imaginary contacts in the ticket office. Tottenham and mace have over promised and under delivered and it was obvious it wasn't going to be ready. Those with construction backgrounds who would say this where most often shot down as traitors to the club. I suggest you pipe down.

Stop wallowing in disappointment .... I just don't understand the whole group of fans who only ever seem to be happy when thing go wrong .... it's the "I told you so" syndrome gone mad ....

We lose to Watford .... twice as many posts saying 'I told you that was going to happen'
A player has a bad day .... twice as many posts saying 'I told you he was no good'

Some of you sad fecks will only be happy if we do play another whole season at Wembley ... because at least then you will be able to say "I told you so" ....

Yes I have been wrong, but that's because the club has been let down, to believe for one second that there's some giant conspiracy by the club to 'con' the fans week after week ... how feckin' stupid are some people ...

Playing at Wembley versus playing at NWHL is costing us an estimated 5m a game, not to mention the lost NFL revenue .... don't you think the club is moving heaven and earth to get us in our new ground asap?

But hey as long as all the keyboard warriors can say "I told you so" then that's all good .... is that right?

Stop wallowing in disappointment .... I just don't understand the whole group of fans who only ever seem to be happy when thing go wrong .... it's the "I told you so" syndrome gone mad ....

We lose to Watford .... twice as many posts saying 'I told you that was going to happen'
A player has a bad day .... twice as many posts saying 'I told you he was no good'

Some of you sad fecks will only be happy if we do play another whole season at Wembley ... because at least then you will be able to say "I told you so" ....

Yes I have been wrong, but that's because the club has been let down, to believe for one second that there's some giant conspiracy by the club to 'con' the fans week after week ... how feckin' stupid are some people ...

Playing at Wembley versus playing at NWHL is costing us an estimated 5m a game, not to mention the lost NFL revenue .... don't you think the club is moving heaven and earth to get us in our new ground asap?

But hey as long as all the keyboard warriors can say "I told you so" then that's all good .... is that right?
That £5m per game sounds high, apparently it was £15m for all of last season.

That £5m per game sounds high, apparently it was £15m for all of last season.

I thought that as well but apparently there's a lot of 'lost opportunity' costs .... not sure what we lose at Wembley guess it's catering, marketing, merchandising, gambling and maybe a load more things we've not thought of .... but even if it's only half that it's still a big loss ....

If the first game there is boxing day or New Year's Day I’m fine with that and will look forward to it. A nice mid season treat and coming up to a transfer window where we might bring in 1/2 (Rabiot anyone?!)

But.... if we go the whole season in Wembley that’ll be gutting a bitter bitter pill to swallow - we’re so close! :avbpray:

I suppose the one thing is... we’re good at Wembley!

Well that's a bullshit statement right there.
The United match thread was nearly twice as long as the Watford one.. So clearly twice as many posts finding glory in victory than wallowing in defeat.
You're seeing stuff that ain't there.

Back
Top Bottom